+ Reply to Thread

Question 17 years old, telogen effluvium and possibly mpb

Let me start off by saying I'm only 17 years old, and I know for a fact I have at least some form of telogen effluvium. I was on the acne medication accutane this past summer, and around month 3 I started to notice a considerable amount of hair loss. I saw my doctor, and all my symptoms line up with telogen effluvium with accutane acting as the trigger. However, I've also noticed my temples creeping back a bit, which would indicate I may have mpb as well. I've always been a NW2 more or less, since I've always had a rather prominent "widows peak". But now I'd say I'm at a NW 2.5. It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to worry about it a great deal, even though nobody else seems to notice. So I decided to go see my dermatologist. I know derms aren't 100% reliable when it comes to hair loss, but mine suggested rogaine to help with the hairline and increase the regrowth from the TE. I'm quite worried about the shedding phase though, because I don't want my hair to get any thinner. What do you fellas think? Should I go all out with the rogaine or just wait it out and see if it comes back? Oh, and I heard Nioxin works very well with rogaine, as they complement each others effectiveness. Propecia is out of the question, I'm totally done with pills and their damned side effects. Thanks for your input (:

Yup, **** accutane. That is all.

edit: And do go on medication, for **** sake. You`re 17. Chill the **** out, wait a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Yup, **** accutane. That is all.

edit: And do go on medication, for **** sake. You`re 17. Chill the **** out, wait a year or two.
    Calm down yo, it was just a question. But you're right, I think I'll wait it out a while and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack4576 View Post
    Calm down yo, it was just a question. But you're right, I think I'll wait it out a while and see what happens.
    My post looks worse because the moderation replaced all my fuсks with ****'s.

Thanks Winston, for the censorship.