+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Realistically, are we going to see true regrowth in the next decade?

Hey all,

I'm a 22 year old fellow who's having a hard time dealing with his significant hair loss. I've looked at Minox/Propecia, and have decided not to go for it. (I really don't want any kind of permanent side effects)

I recently shaved my head to help get around it, but am not a fan of the look at all. (wish I had just kept my super long hair which hid the receding hairline really well)

I've been observing this forum for about 3 or 4 months, and it seems like no-one can really, truly "get behind" any of these cures. I wanted to know your guys' honest feelings:

Do you truly feel as though hair loss will be reversed in the next ten years?

Yes,for a variety of reasons.

However, I dont believe we are guarenteed FULL regrowth, as in NW7-NW1, but I think at least partial regrowth(bumping up a nw level, and/or regaining the density on thinning/vellus hair which histogen apparently does) will be available in the next 5-7 years.

BIM would be the next one up for release in NA I believe, it's on the verge of being approved for the next phase.

Histogen has proven at least some growth, but it's in the 2nd tinkering stage, so it's very possible it may gain even better growth as time passes, and this is without any of the other current products(for example, mixing it with the use of Fin and Minox may cause even better results!)

other than that there are early positive signs of PGD2 inhibition doing something, although most products are in phase 1 or early phase 2 trials, so it's a bit early to tell.

Ultimately, my point is with science growing so fast, and them getting closer and closer to finding a solution, only better results will come, it's not like fewer products will be released, we will continue to get more solutions for this.

Educated guess wise, I'd say you will have some of your hair back by around 2016-2017, which is around the time BIM, Histogen and possibly PGD2 product will be released.(the fact that any new product will be approved is huge, it's been i believe 15 years, since propecia in 1997, was approved.).

EDIT: In the mean time it would be smart of you to try and halt the hairloss currently, with either fin or a more grey market solution, as it may save you money down the line or mean that you can gain even more later on.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post

Histogen has proven at least some growth, but it's in the 2nd tinkering stage, so it's very possible it may gain even better growth as time passes...
    No, this absolutely untrue. Where is the real "proof" ?

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    No, this absolutely untrue. Where is the real "proof" ?
    I believe they're called numbers.

http://xkcd.com/1131/

Dr. Roland Lauster already has the cure. The real question is this:

How much longer are FDA approvals and other governing bodies going f*ck us in the ass until a solution is allowed to hit the market?

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Yes,for a variety of reasons.

However, I dont believe we are guarenteed FULL regrowth, as in NW7-NW1, but I think at least partial regrowth(bumping up a nw level, and/or regaining the density on thinning/vellus hair which histogen apparently does) will be available in the next 5-7 years.
    Do they believe Histogen is going to be able to help a receding hairline?

Quote Originally Posted by baldingormature View Post
    Hey all,

I'm a 22 year old fellow who's having a hard time dealing with his significant hair loss. I've looked at Minox/Propecia, and have decided not to go for it. (I really don't want any kind of permanent side effects)

I recently shaved my head to help get around it, but am not a fan of the look at all. (wish I had just kept my super long hair which hid the receding hairline really well)

I've been observing this forum for about 3 or 4 months, and it seems like no-one can really, truly "get behind" any of these cures. I wanted to know your guys' honest feelings:

Do you truly feel as though hair loss will be reversed in the next ten years?

i think people should be concerned years down the line that other shouldnt have to go go through MPB. there could be a cure but i think that we as in "us" should be dealing with the present, there is no cure yet, if your not prepared to use whats out there now, id rather not pin your hopes on some cure years down the line. finasteride and minox, theres no other proven meds. i had to get over my fear of sides to save the mane i have now.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Just to add to Hellouser's comment-
    "In December 2010, scientists at the Berlin Technical University in Germany revealed they have grown the world's first artificial hair follicles from stem cells. Research leader Roland Lauster said within FIVE YEARS millions of hair-loss sufferers could grow new hair from their own stem cells and have it implanted into their bald spots. He also announced that preparations for clinical trials were "already in motion"

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    "In December 2010, scientists at the Berlin Technical University in Germany revealed they have grown the world's first artificial hair follicles from stem cells. Research leader Roland Lauster said within FIVE YEARS millions of hair-loss sufferers could grow new hair from their own stem cells and have it implanted into their bald spots. He also announced that preparations for clinical trials were "already in motion"
    Personally I have the most faith in team Tokyo ( http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0418095011.htm ) . They said they think it will take them about 10 years to have an FDA approved product on the market.

Other than that, of course Aderans is showing great progress as well ..

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Still waiting for those trials.