+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
    Do they believe Histogen is going to be able to help a receding hairline?
    yes, I believe ziering(dr. who does histogen tests in the US.) said they had alot of success on the hairline. You can see in a couple pictures the girls vellus hair turned terminal on her hairline.

Histogen is definitely the product to watch over the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Bear View Post
    Let me put it this way... we are no closer to a real cure than we are at setting up real estate on mars... I mean sure we know its possible that we may be able to live on mars but we aren't exactly there yet.
    That's a joke, halting or slowing the loss is quite possible even right now with Fin and Minoxidil(or even nizoral on top of that, or other grey market solutions.)

Even for some fin causes regrowth, which has been shown in numerous pictures even on this forum.

Now all we really need to do is find a strong enough stimulant to put us up a norwood grade or two+.

Do I think a cure is going to happen by 2020? Maybe not, but a solid regrowth product will IMO that gives reinforcement of vellus hairs and some regrowth. If that means bumping me up to a NW2, I probably wouldn't care about this hairloss stuff anymore and would patiently wait for the next solution, but right now, we definitely need something better.

living on mars is probably over 100 years away haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    That's a joke, halting or slowing the loss is quite possible even right now with Fin and Minoxidil(or even nizoral on top of that, or other grey market solutions.)

Even for some fin causes regrowth, which has been shown in numerous pictures even on this forum.

Now all we really need to do is find a strong enough stimulant to put us up a norwood grade or two+.

Do I think a cure is going to happen by 2020? Maybe not, but a solid regrowth product will IMO that gives reinforcement of vellus hairs and some regrowth. If that means bumping me up to a NW2, I probably wouldn't care about this hairloss stuff anymore and would patiently wait for the next solution, but right now, we definitely need something better.

living on mars is probably over 100 years away haha.
    I'd say living on Mars is closer to 50 years away. Elon Musk want's to die there, and he's not the sort to give up easily. Now if only he were losing his hair...

I guess we have to decide what me mean by 'cure'. If you were able to ensure no further hair loss by permanently altering body chemistry somehow, that would technically (by some definition of 'technically') be a cure. Curing something a disease doesn't necessarily mean reversing all the damage it caused. Similarly, something that grows back all your hair but requires you to take pills the rest of your life would be a very effective treatment, but not technically a cure.

Will there be something similar to propecia that doesn't lower your testosterone through out your whole body? And lowers DHT in the scalp and is effective for long period of time? I think so.

That's a cure for many.

I hope there is an effective treatment for slick bald folks to regain their coverage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavebeenchosenithasbegun View Post
    Will there be something similar to propecia that doesn't lower your testosterone through out your whole body? And lowers DHT in the scalp and is effective for long period of time? I think so.

That's a cure for many.

I hope there is an effective treatment for slick bald folks to regain their coverage as well.
    There are many methods to raise your testosterone levels very easily, healthy methods, I surely wouldn't toss Propecia to the sideline because of possible lower T.

http://www.menshealth.com/health/5-e...-your-manpower

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    There are many methods to raise your testosterone levels very easily, healthy methods, I surely wouldn't toss Propecia to the sideline because of possible lower T.

http://www.menshealth.com/health/5-e...-your-manpower
    I'm not knocking on fin, but many people dont want to take it because of the possible sides. That's all.

I'm not knocking on fin, but many people dont want to take it because of the possible sides. That's all.
    Oh I understand, what I don't understand is why people don't look into ways of raising their Testosterone rather than just losing their hair or not stopping loss.

The drug is amazing combined with the right diet and lifestyle.

CB-03-01 by a company called Cosmo. This would be a safer and more effective alternative to fin. It would stop loss for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    Oh I understand, what I don't understand is why people don't look into ways of raising their Testosterone rather than just losing their hair or not stopping loss.

The drug is amazing combined with the right diet and lifestyle.
    Finasteride will remain a drug that only a portion of hair loss sufferers are willing to take. *Remember, a very small percentage as it is even seek help*
    Then, there is the small number of men who it affects adversely. Unfortunately, it is not as easy as having a healthy lifestyle or raising your testosterone. It has negatively affected some peoples lives. And it has improved a lot of peoples lives. If we are being honest with ourselves, the small risk is probably not worth the cosmetic benefit, and we deserve a much better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir View Post
    I'd say living on Mars is closer to 50 years away. Elon Musk want's to die there, and he's not the sort to give up easily. Now if only he were losing his hair...
    Someone should introduce him to Dr. Roland Lauster and get the ball rolling. Elon would finance the project and make a f*uck load of money... the guy works at a ridiculously fast pace, I'm sure he wouldn't dick around for as long as Aderans or Histogen.