+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Haha I'm not sure how long I will be able to wait until it will become pointless to treat... even fin won't grow back a completely bald crown.

Yeah one of the blood tests was definitely for thyroid as I mentioned to him the fact that my mum has an underachieve thyroid, but I'm not sure what the other tests were for now.

I'll see what he tells me over the phone this Friday then I'll post back on here.

Ok mate, I just got off the phone to my doctor regarding the blood tests, I'd had 2 tests, one for 'thyroid' and one for 'ferritin' (which is iron storage protein).

He said my thyroid is fine, but my ferritin levels are too high which can be related to various things including stress, virus, genetics and from consuming high amounts of alcohol, which is something I do, I drink most evenings, not to get drunk but just when making dinner as a creative thing, but I can drink quite a bit some nights. I obviously told him about my drinking and he said yeah it would be a good idea to cut down the drinking, which I will happily do.

In terms of the hair loss though, he said that having high ferritin levels will not be related to it. And the fact that my brother doesn't drink much compared to me and has the exact same pattern of hair loss rules that out too.

So yeah male hair loss for me, looks like it's try fin or accept my balding fate, can't say I'm at surprised.

I'm sorry for responding so late, but I had some issues...

It's good to hear that you don't have any health problems. When I had my blood sample taken I also had too high ferritin levels, but it wasn't too severe so I don't pay too much attention to it.

Regarding the hair loss... well, unfortunately it seems like it's indeed the work of your genes. Did you consider using the laser hair growth therapy? I can't say for myself whether it's working or not, but it sounds promising and there's little to no side/after-effects compared to fin. It's quite expensive, but in the long run it'd be cheaper (if it's working...) than fin.

Well, I honestly don't know what to say... it frankly just sucks seeing yourself aging, but I wish you best of luck. I for now will wait and see how my hairline is progressing since I'm too afraid of fin's side-effects and ''just'' 25 years old. Who knows, maybe I'm lucky and I can keep my hair as it is now, but I'm not expecting too much. If you're considering using fin or any other product keep me updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    Greeting Feyd, my hair condition is essentially the same as yours. I want to compare my situation with yours so it'd be nice if you could answer the following questions:
    Do you have Vitamin D deficiency?
    Do you have scalp acne and/or dandruff?
    Do you also notice almost no hairloss? E.g after sleeping/showering or if you pull your hair?
    Do you sweat easily especially on the head?
    Does your hair get greasy very quickly?
    Did you or do you masturbate frequently? I know this question may sound stupid, but in the early days I masturbated like 3-4 times a day and I can't rule out that the hair thinning isn't related to it.

Best regards
    Been a while. Still haven't had the courage to jump on fin but I have been trying just Minox these past few months. Results are about the same. No worse but not really any better. Existing hairs seems thicker but I have not seen any regrowth. I also never had a big shed that people often talk about.

I am using the foam Minox. Could it be my hair is too long and its not getting absorbed into the scalp all that well?

Do you have Vitamin D deficiency?
    Do you have scalp acne and/or dandruff?

Answering these two together is they are related. I did in fact have a D deficiency. For years now I was having acne on my shoulder blades and upper back. Nothing I did made a difference even when I completely stopped eating refined sugars. A couple months ago, based on some advice, I started taking Magnesium, Zinc, and 800 IU of D3 along with a megadose of D3 once a week to get my levels up. Complete transformation. I no longer get acne except for the occasional small bump.

I used to have bad dandruff and an itchy scalp and use anti-dandruff shampoo every day. With this vitamin regimen, my scalp feels healthier and I am gradually reducing the # of days I shampoo.

It may not make a huge difference for thinning but is something to consider for scalp health anyways.

Do you also notice almost no hairloss? E.g after sleeping/showering or if you pull your hair?

Yeah, generally I've never noticed massive sheds. My hairloss has been diffuse and very gradual. It's hard to say when it started. It could have been in my mid 20s for all I know.

Do you sweat easily especially on the head?

I sweat and overheat very easily.

Does your hair get greasy very quickly?

If I go longer than a day, like camping, my hair becomes a greasy mess. Although with the vitamin regimen I mentioned above seems to have changed this but I haven't gone camping since I started it.

Did you or do you masturbate frequently? I know this question may sound stupid, but in the early days I masturbated like 3-4 times a day and I can't rule out that the hair thinning isn't related to it.

Don't think it has anything to do with it. For me it is much less than my early twenties.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151025_225619.jpg

Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	42414Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151025_225718.jpg

Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	42415Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151025_225820.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	42416

I have to say looking at your photos is like watching myself in the mirror.... especially the first pic I can relate. It looks particularly patchy when exposed to sunlight and viewing from a certain angle.
    The problem for me is that the hair in the crown is thin compared to the others, still dense though. Also my hair in that area (I don't know how it is for you) is really, really soft - like baby hair and not bristled like e.g. in the back or front.

So it has been more than two years, are there any updates from your side Feyd? I am very curious what happened