Would you cry if a cure/something close to a cure comes out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

Would you cry if a cure/something close to a cure comes out?

I was just thinking how I would react if all this 5-10 years away stuff, comes to an end. If one day I lurk in TBT and read concrete news of a cure/something close to a cure[something that would stop hair loss for 100% of users AND regrow most of your lost hair or at least regrow the amount of hair you should have for your age if you didn't have MPB; matured hairline included. In other words a natural amount of hair according to your age]. Something like an injection, the Histogen thing, that would be nice.

I actually day dreamed in college, of reading this news. I came to the conclusion that I would actually cry. I would cry tears of joy. After everything i've been through with MPB and AA since 15 years old-present[23 going on 24 in Dec]. I would definitely cry. Like a boxer, a fighter who went through a lot in life to finally win a championship title, he breaks down in the middle of the ring after being announced the winner. He cries tears of joy. That's what I would do. Instead I would do it alone in my room, or at worst in front of my mother.

Maybe some of you are less dramatic than me and would just be plain happy and not cry like me. It's just that starting from 15 years old, I have had so many bad memories, and terrible comments about my hairloss. I would remember them and break down and cry.

I just had to get that off my chest.
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

Man that felt good typing.

Comment

• lucrio
      • Aug 2011

Your reaction would be perfectly understandable. To me it would be like winning the lottery.

Comment

• Desmond84
        • Oct 2012

I'll be honest.

I cried (a little) when I saw the latest Histogen update! I remember reading the title: "Histogen announces cosmetic improvement after 6 months trial"

I just got up, went in the backyard and smiled and all of a sudden a few tears came down!

I can't wait for that day when we can all celebrate together

Comment

• JJJJrS
          • Apr 2012

And yes, I'd weep like a little baby.

Comment

• john2399
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by lucrio
            Your reaction would be perfectly understandable. To me it would be like winning the lottery.
            Yupp..it would be like winning the lotto but just like winning the lotto our odds are not good=/

Comment

• Arashi
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by john2399
              Yupp..it would be like winning the lotto but just like winning the lotto our odds are not good=/
              It really depends on the timeframe you're looking at. Sure, if you're expecting a cure tomorrow, then you'll probably have better luck at winning the lotto. But with all the incredible progress being made in the stem cell area right now (team Tokyo, aderans etc), I'd be highly surprised if we don't have a cure in 10 years ...

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

I'm not so far into the norwood scale to cry, but I would be overwhelmed with joy. I'd probably jump up and down from happines for days on end.

Confidence, motivation, self esteem, ego, self satisfaction RESTORED.

Oh wait, back to the real world... *looks at hairline*

Comment

• inspects
                  • Aug 2012

Someday that cure will arrive, I hope the best for you young guys with this problem, it didn't happen to me until I was in my forties, I can only imagine what it would be like if I had been in my late teens, twenties, or even thirties.

All I can say is your very intelligent and respond with heart felt posts.

Comment

• goingquick
                    • May 2012

Would I cry tears of joy to learn this nightmare would soon end? Abso-****ing-lutely. Not only that, I would toss my baseball cap into an incinerator in celebration.

As of right now, the only thing that gives me any hope is that both Histogen and Aderans make it to market in the next few years, as they may be quite effective when combined. In the meantime, I get to constantly worry as to whether or not these things will even come to market, if it will be within a reasonable time frame (3-4 years), and that they will provide a reasonable amount of regrowth. What joy!

Comment

• Dan26
                      • Jul 2012

It's coming soon brother it's coming soon. Just hold on to what you have.

I'm optimistic about the CB I will be trying soon, I will let you know what kind of results I get. It should do well to safely halt this curse!

Comment

• Pate
                        • Sep 2011

Cry? No. I'd f*cking cheer.

Then I'd go to the nearest store that sells alcohol, buy the most expensive bottle of booze they have, and drink it in celebration.

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

I'd probably jump for joy!

seriously though, I haven't had a full hairline since 17, it's been almost 4 years now of being a NW2+(NW3 now) and it's like a distant memory.

It's crazy when I look at old pictures from early highschool, and I know I'd have a mature hairline rather than a straight one, but still I'd cheer very loud.

and I personally feel it's not far off, I've at least so far have halted the loss, it's possible with stuff like Bim, histogen or something else(adding PGD2 inhibition?)
                          That I may very well get most of my hairback.

It'd be like aging in reverse, I think it'll be crazier to see what other people think, seeing me look younger as I get older!

Comment

• didi
                            • Nov 2011

look up Dr Nigam, he can make you nw-2 with his stem cell hair multiplication

Comment

• Kiwi
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by john2399
                              There always has to be one moaning sad sack!

Comment

Working...