+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

As a guy in the early stages, I would have such a huge weight of uncertainty lifted from my shoulders. I'm not ready for a serious cure in my current hair condition, but often worry about what will happen if my hair deteriorates quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    I don't want to be moaning sad killjoy as I hate those types also and I very optimistic by nature but I was massively underwhelmed by Histogens update, especially the pictures. Unless you saw some pictures or something else I missed? because I scratched Histogen off my cure list after that.

I stand to be corrected, I hope I am corrected.
    I don't remember any other treatment that could grow hair on bald scalp. what histogen showed is significant and no other treatment could do that. i understand you, you didn't see a bald guy turning from norwood 7 to norwood 3, but if you look again at the photos, there's absolutely a new hair that grew. we are talking about a battle - all what minoxidil and propecia could do is just stopping hair loss from proceeding unlike histogen.
    histogen still did not set how many injection they have to inject so we can have a full head of hair.
    we are still in phase I/II. the coming one will be phase II/III.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    I don't remember any other treatment that could grow hair on bald scalp. what histogen showed is significant and no other treatment could do that. i understand you, you didn't see a bald guy turning from norwood 7 to norwood 3, but if you look again at the photos, there's absolutely a new hair that grew. we are talking about a battle - all what minoxidil and propecia could do is just stopping hair loss from proceeding unlike histogen.
    histogen still did not set how many injection they have to inject so we can have a full head of hair.
    we are still in phase I/II. the coming one will be phase II/III.
    We should organize a massive group effort, sending emails, tweets, phone calls, etc to Histogen, Aderans, Replicel and especially the FDA to hurry the F*CK UP with a cure for hair loss.

Dr. Roland Lauster should get notice too, the dude's had the cure for a long time now and we haven't seen anything come to fruition.

Enough with this bullshit, time to put a f*cking end to this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    I don't want to be moaning sad killjoy as I hate those types also and I very optimistic by nature but I was massively underwhelmed by Histogens update, especially the pictures. Unless you saw some pictures or something else I missed? because I scratched Histogen off my cure list after that.

I stand to be corrected, I hope I am corrected.
    The problem with the macro pictures is they could never have shown significant cosmetic improvement - they didn't have either the areal extent or the time to do so.

Those pictures were from 3 months and 20 injections, covering about a square inch. They had another 20 (Ziering appears to have said in his latest interview with Spencer that some of these repeats were upped to 40 injections) at 6 weeks, but any hairs grown from that would be less than 1cm long 6 weeks after injections.

Even the original injections would couldn't have produced hairs more than about 2cm long by that time. All the photos were of long-haired subjects so it's not surprising results are underwhelming at this stage.

Until Histogen administer enough injections to cover a full balding area, repeat them at 6 weeks and maybe a couple of times after that, and then photograph results at 12 months, we simply can't gauge how big the cosmetic change (if any) will be.

So Histogen remains unproven for cosmetic effect. In the meantime we can only rely on the close-up photos where the hairs are shaved. Those definitely appear to show new terminal hair growth - only the lunatic fringe of these forums still dispute that. Anybody with an open mind and without an agenda can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    The problem with the macro pictures is they could never have shown significant cosmetic improvement - they didn't have either the areal extent or the time to do so.

Those pictures were from 3 months and 20 injections, covering about a square inch. They had another 20 (Ziering appears to have said in his latest interview with Spencer that some of these repeats were upped to 40 injections) at 6 weeks, but any hairs grown from that would be less than 1cm long 6 weeks after injections.

Even the original injections would couldn't have produced hairs more than about 2cm long by that time. All the photos were of long-haired subjects so it's not surprising results are underwhelming at this stage.

Until Histogen administer enough injections to cover a full balding area, repeat them at 6 weeks and maybe a couple of times after that, and then photograph results at 12 months, we simply can't gauge how big the cosmetic change (if any) will be.

Histogen remains unproven for cosmetic effect. In the meantime we can only rely on the close-up photos where the hairs are shaved. Those definitely appear to show new terminal hair growth - only the lunatic fringe of these forums still dispute that. Anybody with an open mind and without an agenda can see that.
    Good observations, Pate. Something i couldn't understand from Histogen was why they showed us macro photos shot from 1-2 feet away but didn't provide any graphics/markings to let the viewer know what area was injected. If it was only a 1 inch square area and we're looking at the entire top of the head, most of which is covered with long hair, how are we supposed to interpret the results? Kudos to them for sharing their research, but, I think they need to be a little smarter about it in the future.

This is the big year for histogen. I think they've proven that there is at least some solid amount of efficacy in maintaining and slightly growing hair.

Adding more injections more frequently can possibly improve that, not to mention as you said, covering the full head instead of just a small area(was this done at all for any of the subjects?)

Ultimately, the point is histogen works to some degree, lets see how much it works though.

This isn't even including the idea/potential of using Minoxidil/fin at the same time, could help the results a tonne.

i wolud cry and then be worried sick about how to get the money...

I think I would definitely get the treatment and then being the a-hole I am, I would show off to my friends who cannot afford it in an Eric Cartman manner: neh neh neh neh neh neh ha ha ha ha ha ha
    just kidding

a morning when i will wakeup without worrying about my hair will be a start of an entirely different life.. just wish something comes out real fast hoping for the best

I am not sure I would cry.

I would be on top of the world.

I would be a changed man, the change in me would be immense. If I got my hair back I'd be so sure of being able to get a nice looking girlfriend.....and would go out straight away and ask girls on a date.....something I have ZERO confidence in doing because of my bald head, all I do is worry about being single forever, either that or having to settle for an ugly overweight woman.

If I got my hair back it would be a huge motivator, and make me happy forever.