+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default Highlander is right: Part 2.

    Your life changes, when you start becoming aesthetic.

    My swelling has gone down, I am 8 weeks post jaw op. Everything looks straight and my jawline is defined. To the point people are commenting.

    I like the way I look now. How my life has changed:

    - No longer camera shy
    - Don't think about aesthetics that much.
    - Ex GF dumped me, dont care as much. I believe I can attract someone new. More confident. Whereas before I was begging to get back with her, because I knew I couldn't get any better.
    - I am not obsessing about my NW2 as much now either, ironically.

    So now:

    - I am concentrating on my career.
    - Working more on other areas I can improve, body etc, without obsessing about it.

    So - for people criticising Highlander, he is right. If you like the way you look, your quality of life will improve. For many of us on here, especially the higher norwoods, it is not in their head, and their disattisfaction with the way they look creates "needy" behaviour. Which in turn ****s up their dating life.

    I empathize with you Norwood 6s.

    Give the guy a break.

  2. #2
    Senior Member blowmeup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Your life changes, when you start becoming aesthetic.

    My swelling has gone down, I am 8 weeks post jaw op. Everything looks straight and my jawline is defined. To the point people are commenting.

    I like the way I look now. How my life has changed:

    - No longer camera shy
    - Don't think about aesthetics that much.
    - Ex GF dumped me, dont care as much. I believe I can attract someone new. More confident. Whereas before I was begging to get back with her, because I knew I couldn't get any better.
    - I am not obsessing about my NW2 as much now either, ironically.

    So now:

    - I am concentrating on my career.
    - Working more on other areas I can improve, body etc, without obsessing about it.

    So - for people criticising Highlander, he is right. If you like the way you look, your quality of life will improve. For many of us on here, especially the higher norwoods, it is not in their head, and their disattisfaction with the way they look creates "needy" behaviour. Which in turn ****s up their dating life.

    I empathize with you Norwood 6s.

    Give the guy a break.
    It's no secret that looking better helps and if you have a deformity of some kind having it repaired can be life changing. No one is disputing this fact and I for one would not be on this forum if I believed that good looks did not matter!

    Highlander, however is sick! He in not a rational human being and he is a really bad person who behaves like an animal on this forum. He is a racist, sexist, anti- semitic homophobe and you should really question your belief system is you relate to this sick individual in any way.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blowmeup View Post
    It's no secret that looking better helps and if you have a deformity of some kind having it repaired can be life changing. No one is disputing this fact and I for one would not be on this forum if I believed that good looks did not matter!

    Highlander, however is sick! He in not a rational human being and he is a really bad person who behaves like an animal on this forum. He is a racist, sexist, anti- semitic homophobe and you should really question your belief system is you relate to this sick individual in any way.
    Oh yeah - just to clarify, I disagree with his views on the bold.

    But the way Tracy C tells him he needs to see a shrink about looks is laughable.

  4. #4
    Senior Member blowmeup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Oh yeah - just to clarify, I disagree with his views on the bold.

    But the way Tracy C tells him he needs to see a shrink about looks is laughable.
    It's not laughable. The guy has BDD in the worst way. You had a real physicalissue. Your goal is not to be a super model or die trying or to tell other that they should die trying. He's a very sick person, who really attempts to corrupt the minds of the young guys here, and while I don't always agree with Tracy's tactics, she is spot on with this one. Highlander is an extremely sick person who needs mental help. Unfortunately I don't believe he can be helped. He's a very, very, sick and bad person.

    You and him are not in the same category as far as your concern over your looks. You just wanted to look more normal, which made you look and feel much better. Highlander wants perfection, which is unattainable if you are not born with it. There is only so much that can be done for a person like him and even with all of the surgeries in the world he will be a miserable person for the rest of his life. No one in their right mind could think that he is even remotely rational and he's such a disgusting human being I don't know how you can even relate to him.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    A facial disfigurement and having hair loss (for males) are not comparable.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    A facial disfigurement and having hair loss (for males) are not comparable.
    Only because its socially acceptable, doesnt mean everything looks 'norma'l bald.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    But the way Tracy C tells him he needs to see a shrink about looks is laughable.
    You can't see the forest for the trees. Highlander is a very sick person and needs therapy. His hair loss or "aesthetics" is the least of his problems.

    It would be best if you left me lone until after you have grown up.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You can't see the forest for the trees. Highlander is a very sick person and needs therapy. His hair loss or "aesthetics" is the least of his problems.

    It would be best if you left me lone until after you have grown up.
    Only if you apologise.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Only if you apologise.
    That is not going to happen. If and when you ever grow up you might understand why.

  10. #10
    Senior Member gmonasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    869

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Only because its socially acceptable, doesnt mean everything looks 'norma'l bald.
    Having hair on your head only looks "normal" because we've deemed it to be socially acceptable. If we didn't, everyone would shave his head, just as women shave their legs and armpits.

Similar Threads

  1. Highlander is right
    By yeahyeahyeah in forum Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 05:13 PM
  2. my story part 2
    By Nixx6 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

FUE to repair a strip case Dr. Lindsey
Today 10:25 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Today 10:25 AM
Dutasteride online WITH a prescription
Today 06:07 AM
Last Post By Joryjory
Today 06:07 AM
Help. Ideas on the cause??
07-14-2017 10:46 PM
by Gmama
Last Post By clar
Today 03:25 AM
Do you use the ceramic curling iron? Is it really safe for hair?
11-13-2017 04:30 AM
Last Post By clar
Today 03:23 AM
Can women use 5 % Rogaine
02-08-2009 11:19 AM
by sarah56
Last Post By clar
Today 03:18 AM