+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default is there a difference in results between minox5%and 12%

hi all,

im switiching to minox 5% next month as its cheaper. is the higher the dose more effective? have there been studies on this?

Quote Originally Posted by elnino View Post
    hi all,

im switiching to minox 5% next month as its cheaper. is the higher the dose more effective? have there been studies on this?
    stick with the 5%

...have there been studies on this?
    There have not been adequate and appropriate studies on the high percentage Minoxidil blends. Though there have been studies done, none have been either adequate or appropriate. However, the original studies of Minoxidil in the beginning did show that increasing the percentage increased your chances of experiencing the possible negative side effects of the medication. It was determined that 5% was the highest percentage that could be safely marketed without a prescription. Therefore a prescription and regular monitoring by a doctor is required for blends above 5%. It is best to stick with the more common and easy to get 5% solution. Just make sure to make the change slowly over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There have not been adequate and appropriate studies on the high percentage Minoxidil blends. Though there have been studies done, none have been either adequate or appropriate. However, the original studies of Minoxidil in the beginning did show that increasing the percentage increased your chances of experiencing the possible negative side effects of the medication. It was determined that 5% was the highest percentage that could be safely marketed without a prescription. Therefore a prescription and regular monitoring by a doctor is required for blends above 5%. It is best to stick with the more common and easy to get 5% solution. Just make sure to make the change slowly over time.

the minoxim using now is 12% with azealic acid cream. its solelyfor the temples. the results havent been great. anyway it was an extortionate price so im switching to regaine foam. ihad no side effects with the 12%....its so frustrating seeing results on the crown but its damn hard to get anything on the temples!!!

...its so frustrating seeing results on the crown but its damn hard to get anything on the temples!!!
    Losing temple hair and developing an adult mature male hair line is a natural and normal male secondary sex characteristic - it is not MPB. That is exactly why nothing works in the temples for most males. Rogaine is a medication intended to treat MPB and FPB. Rogaine is not intended to fight against natural and normal secondary sex characteristics.

Losing temple hair and developing an adult mature male hair line is a natural and normal male secondary sex characteristic - it is not MPB. That is exactly why nothing works in the temples for most males. Rogaine is a medication intended to treat MPB and FPB. Rogaine is not intended to fight against natural and normal secondary sex characteristics.
    restoring hairlines is hard but not impossible. i gained a nw at the temples

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    restoring hairlines is hard but not impossible.
    You are correct. Many male to female transsexuals are able to restore part of the their temples and hair line with radical medical treatments such as those you are taking.

You are correct. Many male to female transsexuals are able to restore part of the their temples and hair line with radical medical treatments such as those you are taking.
    hi stacy,
    here is my updated regimen:
    Capillogain® Tonic( starting 1 week)
    Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream- 4x week (i'm having secon thought on this)
    my hairline serum contains **********equol, ahk, apigenin,
    saw palmetto,Soy isoflavones,Grape seed proanthocyanidins, apple poly and keratinocyte growth from china. i use skin active as the base. i apply this first in the morning! hairline only
    proxiphen i apply 3x week hairline only
    ru in the kb solution apply 3pm hairline only
    Minoxidil Sulphate- when it arrives 6pm daily hairline only
    Adenosine im going to put this in my shampoos and my hairshed aloe vera topical and my hair oils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Valproic Acid when it arrives will be applying mixed with minox
    cb-03-01 i use this after i take a shower! i'm currently using the cream! moving forward i will be injected into my scalp.
    hairshed topical aloe vera gel, zinc oxide powder,osemary oil, garlic oil, and caster oil. i'm currently searching for pure aloe vera gel. i bought one which contains alot of nasty ingredients in it!!!!!!!
    psi = hairline only
    sesa oil mixed with caster oil and sweet almond oil i use the oil 2x week before i go to sleep
    vatika once a week i use this coconut oil. i use quite alot of it!!!!!
    shampoos
    revita 3x week
    ih9 shampoo 4x week! best shampoo on the market.contains 9 ayurvedic herbs. i keep shampoos on my head for at least 30 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    aloe vera shampoo - wash 4x week at night
    vitamins
    Chyawanprash contains over 40 ingredinets in it!!!!!!
    L-Cysteine HCL Monohydrate powder
    Inositol Hexaphosphate powder
    Riboflavin 5 Phosphate powder.
    msm 1000mg
    silica
    bacfo hairbac ayurvedic
    biotin 10,000
    Natrol Omega-3 Fish Oil 1000mg
    finally i take both dut and fin
    adding c60 and epithalon VERY SOON

here is old hairline vs new 1! if any is interested in restoring a nw1 i can help you!

http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/...733ddf48995fd7

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    hi stacy,
    here is my updated regimen:
    Capillogain® Tonic( starting 1 week)
    Avene Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream- 4x week (i'm having secon thought on this)
    my hairline serum contains **********equol, ahk, apigenin,
    saw palmetto,Soy isoflavones,Grape seed proanthocyanidins, apple poly and keratinocyte growth from china. i use skin active as the base. i apply this first in the morning! hairline only
    proxiphen i apply 3x week hairline only
    ru in the kb solution apply 3pm hairline only
    Minoxidil Sulphate- when it arrives 6pm daily hairline only
    Adenosine im going to put this in my shampoos and my hairshed aloe vera topical and my hair oils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Valproic Acid when it arrives will be applying mixed with minox
    cb-03-01 i use this after i take a shower! i'm currently using the cream! moving forward i will be injected into my scalp.
    hairshed topical aloe vera gel, zinc oxide powder,osemary oil, garlic oil, and caster oil. i'm currently searching for pure aloe vera gel. i bought one which contains alot of nasty ingredients in it!!!!!!!
    psi = hairline only
    sesa oil mixed with caster oil and sweet almond oil i use the oil 2x week before i go to sleep
    vatika once a week i use this coconut oil. i use quite alot of it!!!!!
    shampoos
    revita 3x week
    ih9 shampoo 4x week! best shampoo on the market.contains 9 ayurvedic herbs. i keep shampoos on my head for at least 30 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    aloe vera shampoo - wash 4x week at night
    vitamins
    Chyawanprash contains over 40 ingredinets in it!!!!!!
    L-Cysteine HCL Monohydrate powder
    Inositol Hexaphosphate powder
    Riboflavin 5 Phosphate powder.
    msm 1000mg
    silica
    bacfo hairbac ayurvedic
    biotin 10,000
    Natrol Omega-3 Fish Oil 1000mg
    finally i take both dut and fin
    adding c60 and epithalon VERY SOON
    great results pauly but don't you think this is a little overboard?