+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I dont think there will be a proper cure anytime soon. I do think we will have treatments that are 'as good as a cure' soon though. Maybe combinations of pgd2/pge2 therapy, Histogens HSC, and advances in surgical hair restoration.

The proper cure has its roots in multiplying cells, and i wouldnt hold my breath for that. But, there has been good progress in that field.

Slick baldies have a long long wait I think. But those will plenty on top or just starting to bald, or even guys who have lost alot but hung onto what remains with current treatments.....they have hope.

People with asthma have no cure, and their condition resides with a PGd2/pge2 problem, just like our hair. But at least they have inhalers....

I've read a number of studies on the effects of pure pge2 in the inhaler, its very positive. Problem is it has a very short half life.

There might never be a silver bullet cure. But with the progress made recently by PGd2 studies, histogen, and the many people working on cell based therapies...i truelly think we will live in a world without the dreaded fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Sorry, is this the same 2020 that was slagging Histogen relentlessly on one of their threads?

Hopefully, I guess time will tell.
    not the point... if you believe that Histogen can easily improve your hair by ~20%, then why wouldn't it do 40% in multiple treatments? Why not 60? 100? 500? Eventually that would be equal to a full head of hair. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    not the point... if you believe that Histogen can easily improve your hair by ~20%, then why wouldn't it do 40% in multiple treatments? Why not 60? 100? 500? Eventually that would be equal to a full head of hair. What's the problem?
    I don't have a problem I said 'hopefully'. I am not disagreeing with you, I have high hopes for Histogen.

The mythical, but possible, 'point of no return' for hair follicles? Its assumed because the stem cells are around, we just have to activate them. But the same guy who hit everyone with news of those stem cells is also 'not sure' if there is a point of no return (cots). Jury is out on that one.

There will be 3-4 more products released by 2020.

I think at the very least, moderate hairloss will be cured in the next 4-8 years.

The science seems to be getting closer, we are seeing some solid results in clinical trials, but full-blown cure? I'm not sure.

I will guarentee though, that with the way science is progressing so rapidly, baldness will be by choice after 2025-2030, not reluctancy. The science is there to do it, it is possible, it's just a matter of finding the way to grow it, stopping it is already somewhat possible.

The law of diminishing returns.

2 years of treatment every 6 to 12 weeks is what we need to try. If everything works properly the amount of restored follicles should eventually trend towards 100%. But each successive treatment may be less effective than the last because there will be fewer inductive follicles left.

But as usual... All speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
    Is it agreed that there will be a cure.
    No it is not agreed upon at all. Almost everyone on the internet speculates out the nose but the reality is that none of them knows anything.

There is also no agreement on what constitutes a "cure" for hair loss.

Personally, I feel we will have much more effective treatments available to use within a few years. Female hereditary hair loss may be "cured" around that time as well - but male hereditary hair loss might take longer. Only time will tell.

A full blown 'cure' is not on the horizon. BUT a combination of some things that should be coming out in the next 4-6 years will definitely keep your hair and grow a lot back. So if you are still have a decent a mount of hair left by then, even if you are pretty bald, you should be OK, considering HT's as an add-on as well. CB will tackle androgens, Histogen and something to address PDg2 levels will promote growth, modulate immune response, stop inflammation etc.

Inactive

Thumbs down

if you believe that Histogen can easily improve your hair by ~20%, then why wouldn't it do 40% in multiple treatments? Why not 60? 100? 500? Eventually that would be equal to a full head of hair. What's the problem?
    The problem is that you continue to erroneously assume a linear relationship between dosage and results. That isn't how medicine works.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    The problem is that you continue to erroneously assume a linear relationship between dosage and results. That isn't how medicine works.
    obviously that was an example. Of course it doesn't work like that. I know that... but from their phase 2 study they proved that in fact multiple treatments do bring better results. If 2 sessions grow more hair than 1 session, then would it be fair to assume that 10 sessions grow much more hair than 2 sessions? If yes, then this is a cure. At least for diffusely thining females like Tracy C says. They still have to confirm if HSC can reverse fibrosis/calcification that's present in balding scalps. If they can reverse that, then they could grow hair on a slick bald NW7 === cure. Those are the variables that they should be watching instead of putting all their resources into making pdf files and fancy presentations...