+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 4,5 months on finasteride and my dht is 1.78 nmol/l (52 ng/dl)!

Is this biologically possible, or is it an error of the laboratory? Consider that the normal level of DHT is about 45-50 ng/dl. After a long-term finasteride use, it falls down to ca. 15 ng/dl (on average). The studies that I have found agree with each other well.

I have always been a man with strong hyperandrogenic symptoms (horrible acne during adolescence, then chronical seborrhea), but this DHT level would mean that my pre-finasteride level would have to be ca. 70% higher, 160-170 ng/dl, which seems impossible to me.

Unfortunately, I don't know my pre-finasteride DHT. It took a lot of effort and time to actually find some laboratory doing tests of DHT.

I already outlined my story here. I added finasteride to my standard minoxidil regime in late June, because I wanted to get back hair that I lost due to minoxidil overdose (an unhappy experiment with 10-15% minoxidil). To my surprise, I started to experience some regrowth during August - and it was unprecedented, because I observed regrowth even on the sides of my forehead, which is something that was a pure utopia with any minoxidil concentration. To be frank, I was also running low doses of SARMs during summer (Ostarine and S-4), but the regrowth certainly had nothing to do directly with the use of these drugs, because I used them even before without any signs of regrowth.

However, my excitement didn't last too long. The regrowth quickly ended after several weeks, and after a stable situation in September/October, I suddenly started to lose hair along my hairline. On November 8th I tested my DHT levels and I got this mindboggling result. At the same time, my testosterone levels are chronically very low (possibly a consequence of a long-term previous steroid use :P ). On October 19th, my total testosterone was 353 ng/dl. Then I stopped using anastrozole (an anti-estrogen supporting testosterone production), and within 20 days it fell to mere 240 ng/dl. And as you know, finasteride is supposed to slightly increase total testosterone by 10-15%!

So far I don't want to panic, because some of the lost hairs are already growing back. I do hope that it is only a sudden hair cycle induced by finasteride. But the number of DHT that I got really shocked me. It looks like if I were taking sugar pills. But my finasteride is a generic form from a pharmacy, no internet crap.

I doubt that someone here could usefully comment this story, but one never knows.

I would be more worried about your low testosterone numbers... why doesn't that bother you? How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    It looks like if I were taking sugar pills. But my finasteride is a generic form from a pharmacy, no internet crap.

I doubt that someone here could usefully comment this story, but one never knows.
    lol this made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    I would be more worried about your low testosterone numbers... why doesn't that bother you? How old are you?
    It bothers me. But by far not as much as my issues with hair. If I leave my house, nobody will know that I have low testosterone. But if I leave my house with a balding head, everybody will see it at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    lol this made me laugh!
    Hey if someone were potentially pulling the wool over your eyes and treating you like Seabiscuit with sugar pills in their hand you wouldn't be too happy about it either particularly when you are expecting hair man.. just saying!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Hey if someone were potentially pulling the wool over your eyes and treating you like Seabiscuit with sugar pills in their hand you wouldn't be too happy about it either particularly when you are expecting hair man.. just saying!!
    thats exactly what im saying! id be pretty pissed!!

bro i took fin for 4 months and my DHT levels remained unchanged!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    bro i took fin for 4 months and my DHT levels remained unchanged!!!
    What brand?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    What brand?
    Generic 1mg tablets from from pharmacy prescribed by derm. It is definitely legit.

I had great results using original brand fin regenpure and promox along with regaine foam over 2 years now. Things recently messed up as I added saw palmetto which ruined everything my hairline ruined, made my scalp itch increased my libido within space of a month. I though FIN stopped working but as soon as I ditched saw palmetto hairloss halted. I'm bit pissed of as all the idiots claiming saw palmetto works must be GOONS! Take my advice people just stick to the big 3, of things don't grow back I'm getting FUE done.