+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Proposition for wealthy forum readers

I am still a Norwood 6 after 2 Ht's. First Ht in the 70's terrible plug style when I was in my late 20's. Second Ht a year ago at 61 with an FUT of 2100 grafts. Have fine hair so it didn't so much. Went to Dr Umar for a consult last week. Said he could correct my situation and make me whole doing 7500 grafts over a 5 day period using whatever scalp hair I have maybe 1000 to 1500 and the rest beard and chest hair using Fue method. Front and crown would be covered with temple points and some beard hairs put into the ht scars from the fut's I had. He was confident it would turn out well. I believed him and would schedule the procedure except for one minor detail. At $8 a graft the cost would be $60,000. Unless I won the lottery there's no way. That's more income than my household takes in a year and beyond my means. So if any of the wealthy forum readers is considering an HT and you're high on the Norwood scale and not sure who to go to or trust I'm willing to be a guinea pig or test subject and go through the 5 day procedure with Umar and document with pictures and verbally each step of the way to the final look. You would just have to put up the 60k and sit back and watch. If 60k is no big deal to you it would be worth it. I'd be taking the physical risk. If I had the money I would do it. this might sound crazy but I'm giving it a shot. So that's my proposition to the forum. If interested we can be in contact privately.

Lounk, where you located?

You certainly don't need that may grafts at one time, what if its screwed up after the procedure?...this isn't a 100% guarantee by any means. Like Topcat has always said, go for small sessions, to see what the outcome is. You may only need half of that in reality.

I had mine done about 5 months ago, hell, I'm not even sure if I'll go for a second round, my doctor refused to do more than a couple thousand, he doesn't like unhappy clients with shock loss which occurs during large sessions. He initially thought I would need about 3000 max; I was thin from temples to crow, see though hair...really bad.

Now I'm extremely excited with the results, I received an excellent return on my small investment. I think the propecia and minox helped too after surgery, but my hair is growing at a remarkable rate now. I have full coverage and new follicles are sprouting weekly still.

Furthermore, there is financing available (whether you know or not), I was offered it, but I didn't take the option, the costs financing through a third disinterested party is 0% ZERO interest financing for four+ years if you want to spread it out for that long.

If you need any other information let me know, I still have the finance company in my emails some where, which is a huge financing company in the United States...GE Capital.

Good Luck...!

-Dale-

$60000

Why go to a doctor that does $8 a graft while you got plenty of highly skilled ones in Europe that will do the job (even better ) for less than half that price ?

Default 7500 Grafts

7500 grafts sounds like a lot but it will be mostly beard hair and some from chest. The scalp donor area is pretty shot. So I'm looking at single hairs being used as opposed to 2 or 3 hairs from scalp donor. On my head with a slick crown, no temple points, thin sides and little hair in front hairline from last ht of 2100 fut with little hair behind that, I'll need all of the 7500 hairs just to look reasonable. At 61 I don't have the luxury of time to add hair a little at a time every year or so. Don't have long life genes in my family. I understand there is risk involved. I've studied and seen Umar's work and have seen some of his patients who've had large sessions with bht and they looked good. None with my NW 6 head though. I'm sure there were some bad outcomes also. Umar has been doing bht for a while and he's good at it. More Docs are doing it but they lack the experience which is so important in the outcome. as for going to Europe or out of the country anywhere else I just don't feel comfortable. And even if I could borrow the 60k it's still way beyond my budget. So my offer still stands. I'm willing to get this 5 day procedure done and see if a Norwwood 6 head can really be transformed or not. Just need someone to finance it. Then we'll all know if the present methods used for HT's are good enough to transform slick heads to a reasonable look. I can't wait for any of the possible cures to appear. I had my first HT over 35 years ago. Not much has come to fruition since then. BHT for those with ample beard and body hair would be the only way to get good results. we'll see. Thanks for your perspective inspects.

Forgot to mention inspects I'm also in Arizona.

I can't believe how naive some people are especially someone who is 62 years of age. If you were 21 maybe I could understand, but come on man, you have to know that you're being taken for a ride?

Lounk, desperation makes for a very poor ht candidate.

You should post your pictures and if you can't that would also make you a poor candidate.

Somebody is looking for free HT worth 60K?

Sigh.....recession? Seriously why do you think a random stranger would fork out this dough? Cannot comprehend this one bit. There is naivety and then there is ludicrousness. Can you expand on your contribution to this so called "offer" you speak of?

Madness and absolutely laughable.

I respect your opinion topcat. But just because you don't post your pics does not mean you are not a good candidate for an ht. That would infer that most people who had or will have an ht are not good candidates because most are not involved in forums and most of those who are do not post their pictures for what ever reason they may have. The fact that I am sharing my info and giving and receiving input with this forum is more than most ht patients do. As far as being desperate, everything is relative. I don't consider myself to be desperate. I am a very level headed individual who does a lot of research and asks a lot of questions before I make a decision. I am willing to take an informed educated risk with an accomplished ht Doc who has proven himself to be worthy of that risk. When you have surgery performed at any level you are taking a risk. You hope the surgeon is skilled and experienced in what he does. Even saying that there are no guarantees the procedure will turn out good. That is why malpractice insurance is so high in some medical specialties. I'll see how it goes. Good luck in your journey. And to you too Delphi.

Worth a shot. I'll be taking the physical risk. Someone to who 60k does not mean anything can see the results and then decide if he wants to get a procedure of that magnitude to restore himself and make him look ok. Just putting it out there. No harm done.