+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Didn't mean to get anyone upset. Like I said, no harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lounk61 View Post
    Didn't mean to get anyone upset. Like I said, no harm done.
    You didn't get me upset. You will just be waiting a long, long time for your response.

Nothing like cyber panhandling....

Highlander, I have about 1000 to 1500 scalp donors left but most of the other grafts will be beard and some chest hair. The question is of course will it be successful. I know it's risky. I probably won't get any takers on my offer so it doesn't matter anyway. Good luck to all.

I think his goal is not a thick NW1, but to have enough hair to live comfortably. 5-7k grafts can definitely help him do this.

Also I would be amazed if anyone granted his request, but I am not that amazed he asked. It's nowhere near the craziest thing people have done to address hair loss.
    One guy was on here asking if he could transplant grafts from his pet dog. Then there are hair tattoos (permanent ones)

Right 25goingon65. Just enough to look reasonable. Not like Elvis. As for my request, there are many online sites where people request money for a variety of personal projects. Like Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, Quirky, Rocket Hub, etc. It's worth a try. No harm done.

Well I have heard doctors say most people aren't good candidate for BHR, but particularly for some repair patients, there are no other options left as far as surgery (except artificial implants which are a huge no-no and not even legal in the USA anymore)
    I'm just saying, as someone who would do very extreme things for hair (I have an unhealthy preoccupation with looks like many of us on this forum), I can understand his point of view. especially since he is a repair patient.

Edit: However, Lounk, people are raising valid concerns about BHT megasessions. Regardless of financing, in your case I would really recommend following topcat's usual advice of small "test" sessions to see how it goes. You don't want to be in the same position as when you got "plug" grafts in your 20s.

I don't disagree with you or topcat. It's safer to do small procedures and see how they turn out. And I would recommend that for younger guys. After research and my consult with Dr Umar I would be willing to take the risk. In the end, I could always wear a hair piece like I've done for over 30 years anyway. I figure on average I'll live for another 20 years. 15 of those caring about what my hair looks like so time is working against me at this point. As for cures, it will be too late for guys like me. If I was in my 20's today I would be more hopeful and wait. I started losing my hair in my teens so I've had a lifetime of disappointment with the hair replacement industry. Except for financially speaking I have a lot less to lose now than I did when I was younger if the procedure did not turn out well. In the end this is something in my bucket list. Doesn't mean it will happen. And if it doesn't It would just be one of life's disappointments. Thanks for your input.

Inactive

Lounk-

Although I don't see anyone here honoring your request with a donation, you seem like a really nice and sincere guy, and I hope that your finances get sorted and that you can get your transplant at some point so that you may cross it off your "bucket list"! I can imagine getting 2 bad transplants and STILL being a NW VI would be absolutely devastating. I feel awful for everyone in these forums who have had botched procedures, and for all the pain/money/time that you all have gone through to no avail!!!

Anyhow, hope it all works out in the end for you buddy!! I try to keep hopeful, as I'm sure everyone here does, that there will be a more permanent cure for hair loss with stem-cell/cloning in the near future! Until then.......

Best,

Mike

One can only hope Mike. Thanks for your concern.