+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

These pictures may make it look raised, but the way it feels is actually a valley or completely flush. I obviously can only go by the mirror and can't see it directly, but it sure doesn't seemed raised to me, but I could be wrong.

Some of it looks raised and some of it indented so might be best to start with the dermaroller.

Stevie R is the poster who has done quite a bit of research on scar repair in a very short period of time so he has consolidated quite a bit of information along with links.

How do I find a person that does professional dermarolling?
    I just don't know who does that. A dermatologist?
    Would I find them listed on the internet as dermarolling?
    I had never heard of it before this forum so I don't know where to begin.

Thanks,
    Mark

Mark do yourself a favour and start researching on your own. You simply cannot rely on any one person for advice and that includes me. Start googling it, obviously you have access to the internet. Try to become an expert on the subject than come back here and start helping others.
    You have been given a good start now it’s time for some work.

What makes you think I am not already looking on the internet?
    I am not just asking you. I am asking the entire forum and isn't that what this place is about helping people with issues?
    If you don't want to help then don't. Most of the information I am asking for is not reliable from the internet. Such as how to find a person who is reputable in this field. I am looking for personal experiences from people that were in my situation.

Hey Mark sounds reasonable my mistake. Dermarolling is a fairly simple procedure as you are just rolling the skin with a needled roller. You just need to determine the length of the needles you are comfortable with using. The longer they are the higher threshold for pain needed. 1mm seems to be standard but maybe go for something shorter at first as see how it goes, you can purchase one on ebay at a very reasonable price. If you are not sure how to use it which is basically just rolling it over the scar to break up the fibrous tissue then pull up a few YouTube videos.

Sometimes I find the forums to be frustrating so please don’t take it personal no ill intention on my part. It’s a good reason why I could never work in this business I just tell it like I see it and when you want to make money that doesn’t work well. Best of luck to you..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtfplLuz_6M

Thanks for dealing with my tirade. The searches I have done on scar reduction and what type of professional does dermarolling have been of little use and it's a bit frustrating.
    I did listen to you earlier and bought a 1mm dermaroller for home. I used it today and while it hurt a little it wasn't terrible. I also just ordered a wall mirror from Amazon when I noticed that the hand mirror wasn't going to cut it. I do plan to try it myself first, but if it proves too hard or other issues come up I would like to look into a professional treatment as well. However my issue here is who does this? A dermatologist? An internet search on who dermarolls just keeps coming up for the devices and not the profession.

I have also been reading a bit about laser therapy and wonder if anyone has experience with that. From the searches I have done it seems really expensive.

Lastly I have been looking into micro pigmentation and I did find someone within 50 miles of me that does it, but it doesn't seem my wants fit into what they can do. I was just hoping someone could color the scar like the rest of the skin, but they want to create the appearance of hair when I want to shave my head. Is what I am looking for even possible? I swear some of my searches have come up with people that claim they can do it.

I will keep researching, but the more I learn the more questions I have I am soaking in what is being said.

Thanks,
    Mark

Maybe check out this thread but it is very long and there are a few other related threads in the same section that might be of benefit.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...VIEWTMP=Linear

The post that started the thread about zman is exactly what I want, except just in the scar and not the whole head. Now I just need to find someone trustworthy that does it in my area or not more than a days trip away. That seems to be the hardest part and the part I struggle with who does it and most importantly who is trustworthy. As you can probably tell I am rather eager to do something, but very leery of the hair loss industry as I was burned once for much money and it created this scarring in the first place. I want to be very careful.

Thanks,
    Mark