Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peabody
    • Nov 2012

Fin Dosage too much?

I'm currently taking 2.5mg of finasteride every other day, is this too much?
  • baldnotbeautiful
    • Oct 2012

Theres a graph out there somewhere showing how much DHT finasteride reduces based on how much you take, and from what I remember, taking 2.5mg isn't reducing DHT much more than say taking 1mg. But, if you aren't having any side effects then see how it goes...

Comment

• rdawg
      • Jun 2012

shouldn't be taking more than 1mg or so. Proscar just even it out, 1.25mg one day, then a slightly smaller pill 0.75mg is fine the next day, it's hard to get an exact cut.

but no more than that, it's a waste of pills mainly as there is no more added benefit after 1mg.

Comment

• Jan 2012

There are so many discussions about finasteride dosage... I don't believe its added effect is nothing more than a placebo effect. I must have posted this graph at least a dozen times:

Comment

• peabody
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by 2020
          There are so many discussions about finasteride dosage... I don't believe its added effect is nothing more than a placebo effect. I must have posted this graph at least a dozen times:

Sooo I'm taking a placebo?

Comment

• Widowmaker
            • Feb 2011

Seems to me that 2.5mg inhibits 70% of circulating DHT as opposed to 1mg inhibiting 68.7% of circulating DHT. I believe the above comments suggest the 1.3% increase makes no positive difference.

Comment

• BigThinker
              • Oct 2012

Seen that graph a handful of times now. What's the source? Looks like it was made on Microsoft Excel 4.0.

Comment

• Jan 2012

site:www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/ finasteride dose mg

plenty of studies. Here is just one:

The effects of finasteride on scalp skin and serum androgen levels in men with androgenetic alopecia.
                In this study, doses of finasteride as low as 0.2 mg per day maximally decreased both scalp skin and serum DHT levels. These data support the rationale used to conduct clinical trials in men with male pattern hair loss at doses of finasteride between 0.2 and 5 mg.

Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly by 13.0% with placebo and by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively. Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively.
                scalp skin DHT

placebo --- 13%
                0.01 mg --- 14.9%
                0.05 mg --- 61.6%
                0.2 mg --- 56.5%
                1 mg --- 64.1%
                5 mg --- 69.4%

serum DHT

0.05 mg --- 49.5%
                0.2 mg --- 68.6%
                1 mg --- 71.4%
                5 mg --- 72.2%

Comment

• peabody
                  • Nov 2012

so what does that mean

Comment

• elnino
                    • Sep 2012

no way would i take over 1mg of fin. its recommended, also the more you take in dosage the higher chance of sides. its like putting rogaine on your hair, another ml of the stuff will make no difference.

Comment

Working...