+ Reply to Thread
    Inactive

Default 4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal

Hey guys!! Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving and survived all the crazy Black Friday shopping out there!! I just wanted to start an official thread here so I can publicly track my progress over the next 12 months (and longer) with my recent procedure with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa! I had my surgery exactly one week ago today on 11-16-2012.

I posted my original background and story in the following thread:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10336

You can read more about me and my experience as a hair loss sufferer there.

I also posted a thorough review of my experience with Dr. Rahal and his clinic. However, I was unable to post it on this forum without getting an error message. Most likely because it was too long of a post? Sorry about that. I posted it instead on the hair restoration network forums for those of you who are members there as well. It is titled: Dr. Rahal- 4737 grafts FUT- My Experience.

I also have 3 photo albums on the hair restoration network which also show you the state of my hair pre-op, and (as of now) one day post-op! The albums are all located on my profile page and are visible to the public. I plan to update photos along with any current experiences/observations/struggles of my hair growth journey along the way. I plan to update my thread frequently in this forum to share with this community, as it seems to be an invaluable resource for others. It certainly has been for me!! Likewise, I will be taking my first "ONE WEEK POST-OP" photos tomorrow, and will post as soon as I do.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend! Thanks for having me as a member of these forums....I hope to get to know most of you better as time goes on!

Best,

Mike

Inactive

Hey everyone. Today is day 8 since my procedure with Dr. Rahal. I still can't shower normally, and have my sutures in until Friday, but I wanted to snap a few photos of what my head looks like one week after surgery! Sorry for the semi-poor quality of the images....I am visiting family and only had my iPhone available to snap the shots. As you can see, (and all I can really see) there are lots of crusts and scabs and overall redness in the recipient area. This is obviously to be expected, but with the vitamin E oil and saline that I've been spraying on the grafts religiously (per post-op care instructions), I'm surprised I haven't lost any of the scabs/crusts at this point! I will post more photos in one week at just over 2 weeks post-op!

Have a great day everyone!

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-30.JPG

Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	17752   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-31.JPG

Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	17753   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-33.JPG

Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	17754   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-38.JPG

Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	17755   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-42.jpg

Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	17756   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-45.JPG

Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	17757   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-39.JPG

Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	17758   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-43.JPG

Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	17759   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-40.JPG

Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	17760   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-37.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	17761  

At this stage the scabs are still quite fresh and will still be fixed quite firmly. By the time of your next update you'll see a big difference in this, that's for sure.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Inactive

Default 2 weeks post-op and NO MORE SUTURES!! YAY!!

I am 16 days post-op! Had a bit of trouble loading photos here, so below is a link to my progress thus far!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Mike

15 days post-op photos

Enjoy those little suckers while you have them, 'cos in the next 10-14 days...the fun begins! Looking good so far though.

Quote Originally Posted by agenteye View Post
    I am 16 days post-op! Had a bit of trouble loading photos here, so below is a link to my progress thus far!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Mike

15 days post-op photos
    Looks good, Mike....!

Just think, in a year from now that hair will be dangling in your eyes....

Congratulations, have a great holiday season too.

-Dale-

Inactive

Default **8 months post-op....w/photos**

Hey Everybody!!

Hope everyone here is enjoying their Summer. I'm sorry it has been so long since I've posted any updates on my progress. I think the last time I posted I was just 15 days post-op, and I am happy to say I am way past those days.....

Anyway, I just wanted to take a brief second to update my progress for the members of the forum. I am currently 8 months post-op from my 4737 graft transplant with Dr. Rahal. I continue to definitely see improvement in density all the time, and couldn't be happier with my result so far......even if it stopped growing now. Knowing that I still have many more months of growth ahead is really exciting.

I am including a link to my album below. I am also including the link below it to my album of my pre-op photos, to remind you all where I started from. You'll notice 6 photos in my "8 Month Post-Op" link where my shirt is off......just out of the shower with my hair dripping wet! Obviously this shows the areas where my hair is still a little thin, but I am very pleased with where I am. Because I never go out with my hair soaking wet......it doesn't bother me. The rest of the photos were all taken with my hair either completely dry and no product in them, or a small amount of styling wax. The photos taken where my hair (and my beard are longer) were taken 10 days after the "fresh out of the shower photos were"....... You can see how 10 days makes a big difference....my hair grows FAST. The longer hair photos are the ones that include the styling wax.....which is why there is a bit of gloss/wet look to them.

I am thrilled to be able to actually have hair to style again. I am growing my hair SUPER LONG (two more months without cutting) so I can make a crazy faux-hawk for a festival I am attending at the end of August. So my 9 month album is going to be me with an even crazier mop of hair.

The photos I've taken here were shot using my iPhone 4S. Sorry about any of them that appear to be a poor photo quality. I plan to have a second procedure done sometime next year just to add a tiny bit of density, and finish things up. My friends and family are just amazed at how good I look now. I'm excited to see what the next 6 months hold for me in terms of growth. Anyone who is considering a hair restoration procedure......it can undoubtedly be one of the best decisions you will ever make.....it was for me! Just make sure you do your research, and find a physician who you trust. Don't let price or location dictate where you have your restoration done.

Please feel free to share any questions/comments/concerns with me, as it always helps to get feedback from others who don't see my hair every single day (like me). ]Looking forward to posting my 9 month photos next month.....as I keep hearing this next month is a big month for density.

Thanks for reading!

Best,

Mike

8 MONTHS POST-OP

PRE-OP PHOTOS FOR COMPARISON

Great stuff, you must be thrilled. At some point I plan on giving my 18 month update from my procedure with Dr Rahal. Life is busy and time goes by fast.

You had pretty good coverage before the operation. It looks amazing. Congrats.

Inactive

Thanks so much....I'm certainly thrilled with my results!