+ Reply to Thread

Default Hairline maturing, or start of something more?

Hello guys,

I recently was trimming my bangs and cut too close on my widow's peak/frontal area, so had my hair buzzed low, including the widows peak being buzzed down to the scalp to even it out. And (my stupidity here aside ), it revealed that my temples have moved back a bit more than before, though they have been slowly moving back since I was 19 (22 now). Typically fully grown hairs have kind of popped out, I don't see any thinning or small hairs along the line. I think the front of my hairline being shaved off is scaring me, since it makes my hair a U instead of the V it actually is. There is no thinning on the back of my head, either (though you may see my cowlick showing spots).

As for family history, my Mom's side has zero baldness. My Dad's side, one of my uncles is NW2ish, my dad is NW2ish (at 51 and 50) and my grandfather is about ~NW2.5-3ish at 77. This is all frontal loss, the back stays there.

Here is my hair now: http://imgur.com/a/GNpBj

Keep in mind again that my hair usually makes a point in a M shape, but the front is shaved off completely due to my poor motor skills.

Here is my dad's hairline:

http://imgur.com/YN1eG

I called him and he said his hair has slowly and gradually moved back off and on since his 20s. Certainly if I have his hair genes I won't worry, it's a good head of hair for 50.

Thank you!

Looks good to me personally, when my hair's buzzed short like that you can see more scalp. But I know how much it sucks to worry about this :-/

The comparison pics with your dad are not good at all for comparison purposes. You need to provide both front and side shots of both you and your dad.

Your temples do look more receded than that of a mature male hair line. However it might just be a family trait and little more. If your can provide better photos of your dads hair line, that would be much more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The comparison pics with your dad are not good at all for comparison purposes. You need to provide both front and side shots of both you and your dad.

Your temples do look more receded than that of a mature male hair line. However it might just be a family trait and little more. If your can provide better photos of your dads hair line, that would be much more helpful.
    Here is the best I can find: http://imgur.com/7Sbkd

As you can see he is receded in the front. My Grandfather is the same way. Basically his frontal forelock has slowly diminished over 30 years.

Currently my temples are about 1.5 inches from the highest juvenile wrinkle, and the tip of my widow's peak actually still hits my juvenile line. I can't even pull a single hair out of my temple area, so they seem to be stuck in place for now.