Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john2399
    • Jan 2012

Question about hairline transplant?

Is it possible to get a low hairline with a hair transplant? Every transplant i see, it seems like the hairline all still seem very high??
  • chrisdav
    • Oct 2011

It is John, but you need to see if you are a candidate to have that done.

Comment

• Joe Diego
      • Mar 2011

I had my hair line done with 1800 graphs in San Diego by Dr. Ross. One of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. This was my second HT and I'll be going back for a third HT in the near future(crown area). All HTs will be done by Dr. Ross.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by john2399
        Is it possible to get a low hairline with a hair transplant?
        Yes it is. However both doctors and patients need to be smart about how much donor hair is used. Hair restoration doctors generally attempt to replicate the natural and normal adult mature male hair line as close to nature as possible. Sometimes the term they use is "age appropriate" hair line. Hair restoration doctors will make an exception for transgendered males if the patient has enough donor hair to allow the exception.

Comment

• mattj
          Doctor Representative
          • Oct 2009

How low is low? Technically speaking it's possible to fill in a person's entire forehead - the questions is whether it's an appropriate thing to do!
          I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
            Doctor Representative
            • Aug 2012

There are doctors who will give you a low hairline. We recently saw a young patient in for repair here at Dr. Cole's office who had a low hairline placed several years ago. As his hairline receded several years after his initial surgery, an island of unnatural hair was left way down on his forehead. Needless to say this patient was very unhappy with his previous hair restoration doctor. It took a great deal of work to restore a natural appearing hairline. Personally, I wouldn't take a chance, I work at Dr, Cole's office and have spent a great deal of money myself repairing another doctor's work. Should you end up getting hacked by a hair restoration doctor, I guarantee you you will long for a high forehead and a normal, natural appearance. It seems at least 40% of Dr. Cole's patients come to our office for repair surgery.

-I work at Dr. Cole's office

Comment

Working...