RU58841 from MPBTreatments - Page 5 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54
  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    427

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Lol Kane is $225 for 10g of RU man. MPB is a rip. I think it is worth to buy a mg scale, and other materials needed to make your own batches.
    Yeah exactly, so Kane is $22.50 per gram of RU, then you need to add the KB solution which currently only mpb sells for $45 for 60mL. To make 5% RU you'd need 20mL of KB for one gram of RU so on a unitised basis that's $15.

    Total cost for one gram of RU from Kane in 5% KB solution from mpb is therefore $37.50.

    Total cost for one gram of RU from mpb in pre-mixed 5% KB solution is $32.70 (ie one-third of the cost of the whole bottle).

    Therefore pre-mixed mpb solution is actually cheaper than Kane. At least until Kane's KB comes out.

    I just can't work out why mpb's pre-mix is actually cheaper than their raw powder plus KB. It just doesn't make sense. If you bought 10g RU powder from mpb it would cost you $400, so $40/g plus the $15 for KB, so $55 total.

    So just to summarise:

    Kane 10g RU plus mpb 5% KB works out to $37.50 per gram.
    mpb 10g RU plus mpb 5% KB works out to $55 per gram.
    mpb 3mg premix RU with 5% KB works out to $32.70 per gram.

    Got to add shipping on to that.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    125

    Default

    When is there going to be another group buy?

    I received my RU (powder) and KB solution from MPB two days ago, its dissolved instantly and has been a breeze to apply. I'm happy so far, especially with the price as I got it in the "black friday" sales.

    I'd like to buy 10 more grams of RU through a Kane group buy with some more KB solution.

    someone keep us posted!

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    israel
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    Yeah exactly, so Kane is $22.50 per gram of RU, then you need to add the KB solution which currently only mpb sells for $45 for 60mL. To make 5% RU you'd need 20mL of KB for one gram of RU so on a unitised basis that's $15.

    Total cost for one gram of RU from Kane in 5% KB solution from mpb is therefore $37.50.

    Total cost for one gram of RU from mpb in pre-mixed 5% KB solution is $32.70 (ie one-third of the cost of the whole bottle).

    Therefore pre-mixed mpb solution is actually cheaper than Kane. At least until Kane's KB comes out.

    I just can't work out why mpb's pre-mix is actually cheaper than their raw powder plus KB. It just doesn't make sense. If you bought 10g RU powder from mpb it would cost you $400, so $40/g plus the $15 for KB, so $55 total.

    So just to summarise:

    Kane 10g RU plus mpb 5% KB works out to $37.50 per gram.
    mpb 10g RU plus mpb 5% KB works out to $55 per gram.
    mpb 3mg premix RU with 5% KB works out to $32.70 per gram.

    Got to add shipping on to that.
    kb solution is cheap to make. i got my group buy stuff today and i am very very pleased. i paid 40 dollars for 240 ml of kb solution.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    kb solution is cheap to make. i got my group buy stuff today and i am very very pleased. i paid 40 dollars for 240 ml of kb solution.
    That's good value. Unitised, that is $3.33 per gram of RU for 5% KB. So add that to Kane's 22.50 and you get 25.83. Much better!

    Where did you get your Kb from pauly?

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I've been on my RU about 4 days now and it looks as if some hairs in my hair line have just gone?

    do you have an initial shed on RU?

    many thanks!

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SE19 View Post
    I've been on my RU about 4 days now and it looks as if some hairs in my hair line have just gone?

    do you have an initial shed on RU?

    many thanks!

    There is no way RU caused that. It would not cause a noticably cosmetic difference in 4 days. Did you even note an increase in shedding or just all of a sudden see missing hairs?

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    israel
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    kane is having a holiday special!

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    125

    Default

    any more news on a group buy in the near future?

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11

    Smile Free RU

    I purchased 1x 5% & 2 x 1% RU from MPB. I'm not getting on with it and have discontinued use, would be happy to give it to anyone who has a genuine use for it.

    It can be collected from Newport or Woking (UK).

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    427

    Default

    What is the issue you're having Amino? Sides?

Similar Threads

  1. Ru58841
    By Samiam in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-24-2017, 07:53 AM
  2. Digital Scales for RU58841 off eBay (0.001g)
    By hellouser in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 04:30 AM
  3. RU58841 Pre-Made Formula
    By norwood2 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 03:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Review of ISHRS article on ethical practices
Yesterday 09:22 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 09:22 AM
Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 03:36 PM
Last Post By zaidgg
Yesterday 01:01 AM
A family has hair restoration with Dr. Lindsey
02-02-2022 08:02 AM
Last Post By Rodneyy
12-04-2022 03:44 PM
What Young Patients Should Be Aware of Regarding Hair Restoration Surgery
02-01-2013 09:47 AM
by Billena
Last Post By tenny2
12-04-2022 10:56 AM