+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Inactive

Well guys.....thanks everyone for replying!! Nice to feel (mostly) welcome to the forums. Definitely realize I don't have as youthful a look as I did before my hair loss has progressed over the past 8 years, which is exactly why I did something about it now! I figure maybe my story will help someone else who is struggling with the decision to get a transplant a little easier. And Hopefully I look younger soon, 2020!!

Anyhow, I will keep you guys posted on the progress over the next year. I noticed my thread was moved, so sorry if I posted in the wrong place to begin with!

Thanks for the nice words, and for sticking up for me Delphi! I just wanted to clarify to Topcat, that the only reason I didn't opt for FUE was because of the recipient area I needed to cover as a Norwood IV...possibly V one day. I heard FUT is still the gold standard for these larger procedures. However, if I only needed a few thousand grafts, I would have easily opted for this, as I like my hair on the shorter side anyway. It was a tough decision, but I ultimately decided to go with what would give me the best "bang for my buck" and allow me options for further loss as well! I hope that one day I don't regret a giant scar ear to ear.....but from what I understand (and I hope it's true), Rahal manages to pull of some really fine/thin scars that are almost not detectable after a long time......and then even so, maybe I can put some FUE grafts in the scar to help!!

Anyhow, hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't wait to become more involved in these forums as time goes on!

Best,

Mike

Agenteye,

Congrats - You chose an excellent surgeon!

Heal and grow well!

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by agenteye View Post
    Well guys.....thanks everyone for replying!! Nice to feel (mostly) welcome to the forums. Definitely realize I don't have as youthful a look as I did before my hair loss has progressed over the past 8 years, which is exactly why I did something about it now! I figure maybe my story will help someone else who is struggling with the decision to get a transplant a little easier. And Hopefully I look younger soon, 2020!!

Anyhow, I will keep you guys posted on the progress over the next year. I noticed my thread was moved, so sorry if I posted in the wrong place to begin with!

Thanks for the nice words, and for sticking up for me Delphi! I just wanted to clarify to Topcat, that the only reason I didn't opt for FUE was because of the recipient area I needed to cover as a Norwood IV...possibly V one day. I heard FUT is still the gold standard for these larger procedures. However, if I only needed a few thousand grafts, I would have easily opted for this, as I like my hair on the shorter side anyway. It was a tough decision, but I ultimately decided to go with what would give me the best "bang for my buck" and allow me options for further loss as well! I hope that one day I don't regret a giant scar ear to ear.....but from what I understand (and I hope it's true), Rahal manages to pull of some really fine/thin scars that are almost not detectable after a long time......and then even so, maybe I can put some FUE grafts in the scar to help!!

Anyhow, hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't wait to become more involved in these forums as time goes on!

Best,

Mike
    My pleasure agenteye. You do not need to explain yourself to the likes of Topcat. He loves make his point at other peoples expense on a regular basis on this and other forums and also tries to throw up a smokescreen and say that anyone who calls him out on his bullshit must be working for a doctor or a forum. LOL

You look really good and youthful so just enjoy your decision and good luck.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too and don't be discouraged by the negative jerks.

Hi agenteye,

We all know that hair loss can make a person look older and I think that once your result has established itself you won't look any older than your actual age. And I'm terrible at giving false compliments so I'd just keep quiet rather than be insincere. Anyway, thanks for the write-up and good growth to you!
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Inactive

Thanks again everyone for the encouragement. Definitely looking forward to growing some new locks soon!!!

I think the "milestone" during this journey I'm looking forward to the most at this point is the 2 week mark.....just so I can get these damn sutures out and be able to touch my recipient area with my fingertips! LOL!

Spex, I appreciate all of your countless and inspiring posts in these forums. Although I'm a new poster/member, I've observed for a long time....and a lot of your posts encouraged me to take the plunge in getting a hair transplant myself (and that is true about many others here, so thanks EVERYONE). Dr. Feller is lucky to have you on his team. I also got a chance to see your YouTube pilot with Joetronic, and it was really well done. Joe is a great guy...and I originally had my procedure booked with Dr. Hasson. The only reason I went with Dr. Rahal at the end was an opening in schedule that allowed me to get in sooner in Ottawa. It was a tough decision for me, but I feel that I was going to get really stellar results by going with either surgeon, and I don't regret my decision. Anyhow, fngers crossed for you guys that the pilot all works out and turns into something much bigger!

Cheers guys,

Mike.....aka Agenteye

No worries Mike. Glad to have been of service to you directly and indirectly.

I appreciate the feedback

Best
    S
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hey Mike it was an honest question about fue or strip. Thanks for the explanation and I'm sure the decision was not easy. All the best to you and looking forward to your updates.

Inactive

Haha, no worries Topcat! I know you were just asking and meant nothing at all harmful by your inquiry!! It was definitely a tough decision, but I feel once I experience some growth, I'll feel okay that I went with FUT. The giant fresh scar on the back of my head right now is definitely very freakish....and trust me when I say I went through the "Holy sh*t, what have I done?" when I had that first look in the mirror after surgery!

Man that hairline looks awesome! You're set. I will definitely be going with Dr. Rahal for my hairline work, just gotta save some $. You could easily pass for 27 now. Congrats!

Inactive

Thanks for the nice words Conpecia! Dr. Rahal is definitely fantastic at hairline design and placement! If all my grafts grow, I'm sure I'll be over the moon with the end result! I guess time will tell buddy!