+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What age?

Default What age?

Hey guys I want to get some prospective between the younger guys and the older guys. I am 23 and losing my hairs its not to bad looking but not to great looking. This forum contains a wide age range anything from as young as 15 to 55 (from what I see). There can SOMETIMES be a bit of ominousity between the younger and the older guys. I seen some younger guys post replys such as

"you have a wife why do you care that you are balding"

The majority of us understand that losing your hair no matter what age you are sucks. Now granted I have seen some older men worrying about hair loss and I have question why they would care? I use to think that balding should only be a concern for the under 35s but not anymore.

However, I remenber browsing this forum a few moths ago, and some guy was saying that his dad (who was in his 60s or 70s) was starting on propeca because of a bald spot. I have also seen on a hair transplant website a 72 year old under going the procedure. Now sorry if this offends anyone but when I get to 60 I am not going to care about hairloss. Come on when you get to that age your concern should be your health. Even still the guy only noticed a small bald spot, he probably was only starting to bald hence he got years to go before losing it all. Also in your 70s getting a hair transplant,is that honestly the the best thing you could spent your money on, Surely when you get to that age every day is a gift, you could be dead withing the next year to 10 year who wold honestly care.

So my question is....

What age do you think is to old to care?

I think alot of answers will be different here. I would say late 40s. I just think that when you get to that stage in life hair does not matter. If you can keep the weight off, look after your skin, Teeth etc. Plus imo alot of older bald guys looks good. Tomy Pullis, Fred Macaulay, theo paphitis to name a few. Yes they are not models but what percent of people on this earth are. I think that when I am older I could potentialy pull it off yes I would look better with hair, everyone would thats a fact but you can only play the cards you are dealt. I am not going to go "well thats me bald now, time to gain 100lbs eat crap, start smoking again and throw all my skin products out"

So basically what I am saying is that If my hair would stop receding and hault for the tiem being I would acept being bald come 45.

Oppinions?

The age which someone will stop caring is so unique to every individual.

My buddy who is also 24 has a receding hairline&diffusion but is super confident and outgoing (was a state champ wrestler, currently fights MMA, otherwise good looking). He shakes his hair to watch hair fall and laugh about it, and endearingly refers to his "receder".

Then we have people that age on this site who talk about suicide and depression because of their hair loss.

I'm somewhere in the middle, but expect I won't care by age 30. Probably earlier if I get married and am fully, mutually accepting of my wife as she is to me (i guess that's love or something.) Right now I'm single and beginning a promising career Downtown in a major US city. I would really like to not worry about hair while pursuing a successful career and finding a wife.

good point big man. Im guessing you are also in your 20s. I think by the time we get to 22-25 we start to worry a little less than when we were in our teens. The reason being that we are looking about and we are seeing that people are getting older. Like I said I know a few people who are losing thier hair, Getting fat etc. Even women now a few of my female friends are a couple of years older than me and they are getting bags under thier eyes. Its life

Quote Originally Posted by themastercheaf View Post
    good point big man. Im guessing you are also in your 20s. I think by the time we get to 22-25 we start to worry a little less than when we were in our teens. The reason being that we are looking about and we are seeing that people are getting older. Like I said I know a few people who are losing thier hair, Getting fat etc. Even women now a few of my female friends are a couple of years older than me and they are getting bags under thier eyes. Its life
    Every time I start to feel bummed, I go out to a party or the bar and notice some of my friends or acquaintances losing hair at my level or more advanced. It really helps keep me grounded, and I suddenly am not sitting at a party thinking of my hair, but I'm engaged in conversations with friends or girls.

If hairloss affected like 1% of men, it would be so much harder to deal with. So many men being affected keeps me from feeling sorry for myself. Instead i focus on my good skin, slighty above average aesthetics, naturally lean body weight, etc.

I also had a buddy that started to loss his hair at such a early age at 16. I didn't know anything about hair loss when I was younger and wasn't aware that he was loosing hair until my hair started to receded. God, I miss being a NW0 but I guess it's life. His fine with it, working out like an animal and always picking up girls.

My dad is in his late 50s with a great set of hair NW0.5-1. I hope I have the same type of NW at his age or something close to it. To answer your question, I would stop caring about hair loss at age 45 hopefully happily married. For now I'm trying to have sex with has many beautiful ladies until I find the right one. lol I'm 23 NW1 with unnoticeable hair loss because the way I style my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I also had a buddy that started to loss his hair at such a early age at 16. I didn't know anything about hair loss when I was younger and wasn't aware that he was loosing hair until my hair started to receded. God, I miss being a NW0 but I guess it's life. His fine with it, working out like an animal and always picking up girls.

My dad is in his late 50s with a great set of hair NW0.5-1. I hope I have the same type of NW at his age or something close to it. To answer your question, I would stop caring about hair loss at age 45 hopefully happily married. For now I'm trying to have sex with has many beautiful ladies until I find the right one. lol I'm 23 NW1 with unnoticeable hair loss because the way I style my hair.
    I think nw0 looks immature on most grown men. And, I'm not saying that because i'm not one either.

I used to part and slick my hair back less than a year ago, and now doing that bums me out a bit so I've had to go with a boring, "messy" look. If I could just get a bit of density back and stabilize, I would be beyond pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by themastercheaf View Post
    Hey guys I want to get some prospective between the younger guys and the older guys. I am 23 and losing my hairs its not to bad looking but not to great looking. This forum contains a wide age range anything from as young as 15 to 55 (from what I see). There can SOMETIMES be a bit of ominousity between the younger and the older guys. I seen some younger guys post replys such as

"you have a wife why do you care that you are balding"

The majority of us understand that losing your hair no matter what age you are sucks. Now granted I have seen some older men worrying about hair loss and I have question why they would care? I use to think that balding should only be a concern for the under 35s but not anymore.

However, I remenber browsing this forum a few moths ago, and some guy was saying that his dad (who was in his 60s or 70s) was starting on propeca because of a bald spot. I have also seen on a hair transplant website a 72 year old under going the procedure. Now sorry if this offends anyone but when I get to 60 I am not going to care about hairloss. Come on when you get to that age your concern should be your health. Even still the guy only noticed a small bald spot, he probably was only starting to bald hence he got years to go before losing it all. Also in your 70s getting a hair transplant,is that honestly the the best thing you could spent your money on, Surely when you get to that age every day is a gift, you could be dead withing the next year to 10 year who wold honestly care.

So my question is....

What age do you think is to old to care?

I think alot of answers will be different here. I would say late 40s. I just think that when you get to that stage in life hair does not matter. If you can keep the weight off, look after your skin, Teeth etc. Plus imo alot of older bald guys looks good. Tomy Pullis, Fred Macaulay, theo paphitis to name a few. Yes they are not models but what percent of people on this earth are. I think that when I am older I could potentialy pull it off yes I would look better with hair, everyone would thats a fact but you can only play the cards you are dealt. I am not going to go "well thats me bald now, time to gain 100lbs eat crap, start smoking again and throw all my skin products out"

So basically what I am saying is that If my hair would stop receding and hault for the tiem being I would acept being bald come 45.

Oppinions?

You never stop caring, but I will say you care less as time goes on. I would probably not care so much if people would stop bringing it up. Someone here complained about how people think it is ok to point it out and unfortunately I think that is true as rude as it is. My mpb closely follows my mom's side of the family. The age and pattern happen like clockwork and everyone knows it.

UP to age 38 - when I went on propecia, I was balding exactly like my mom's brother

A little over10 years ago my oldest cousin (her dad is who I follow) , who had not seen me for like 7 years told me she was shocked that I was not bald and wanted to know my secret as to how I was able to resist it. Then last easter she came up behind me while I was sitting down. I felt something touching my hair and then she said - Well you still have most of it .

I will see her tomorrow at TG so I wonder what she will say this time...

She has a large family and I suspect she is trying to figure out what will happen to her sons.

My story would be too long but needless to say she is not the only one who brings it up. One tells me I will end up like her brother- ie it will happen very slowly yet be relentless and never stop. Another says I should hurry up and get on propecia or else I willl look like her boyfriend in about 10 years . I am sure it would still bother me, but not nearly as much if people would quit asking me about it.....

I think there is no age limit, I will still be caring about my hair at 80 if I get to see that age and still have a conscious mind free of dementia.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I think nw0 looks immature on most grown men.
    I disagree, it looks great. Especially when it's silver and thick.

I'm 42, you bet i still care about losing my hair, I started gradually losing it in my mid to late 20's so know how it feels both ends of the scale, it's been a very slow process thankfully for me. Some people don't seem to give a fck as they age, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by konfusion View Post
    I think there is no age limit, I will still be caring about my hair at 80 if I get to see that age and still have a conscious mind free of dementia.

I disagree, it looks great. Especially when it's silver and thick.
    FWIW a friend of a friend was 79 or 80 when he said that it still bothered him, but not nearly as much as when he was younger. And kinda along the same lines as what I said earlier, it was only when someone would bring it up. He said his best friend wife would periodically mention that he was getting balder like he didn't already know that. But other than that, he really didn't stress out about like when he was younger.

Oh and my cousin did say one thing at TG about my hair...only that it looked great. I think she worries about my hair more than me