X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisis
    • Feb 2012

Something of an announcement

Hi all,

I haven't posted a lot here recently, mainly because I feel I've garnered what I need to and I've finally decided to proceed with hair transplant surgery in early 2013. I've started a blog to comprehensively document my procedure. I will be updating it over the course of the coming days, weeks and months with details about the surgery, my thoughts and feelings, and plenty of photos. I will be posting at this forum too, so you can keep track either here or there.

Thanks
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
    Hi all,

I haven't posted a lot here recently, mainly because I feel I've garnered what I need to and I've finally decided to proceed with hair transplant surgery in early 2013. I've started a blog to comprehensively document my procedure. I will be updating it over the course of the coming days, weeks and months with details about the surgery, my thoughts and feelings, and plenty of photos. I will be posting at this forum too, so you can keep track either here or there.

Thanks
    Congrats man, is not being on propecia a problem?

Comment

• chrisis
      • Feb 2012

Propecia isn't compulsory for surgery no, but an ethical doctor should evaluate the patient and advise whether surgery without Propecia is a good idea, based on factors such as age, Norwood stage, and rate of hair loss. I believe I've stabilised my frontal loss with minoxidil alone, so I'm quite confident to progress now. Thanks

Comment

• win200
        • Jul 2012

Congrats on deciding to pull the trigger! You're definitely making the right call by waiting until you've stabilized your loss.

Want to share the doctor you've chose, or are you keeping that under wraps for now?

Comment

• dex89
          • Jul 2012

Gratz!! can't wait to see the results I'm planning on getting a HT late 2013 or early 2014.

Comment

• Spex
            Dr Representative
            • Nov 2008

Good for you mate
            Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• chrisis
              • Feb 2012

Thanks everyone. I apologise for being such a diva and drip feeding the details. It's taken me awhile to even announce this.

The surgery will be with Dr Feriduni in Belgium. I was recommended a 2400-2600 FUE procedure, in the frontal areas.

I look forward to sharing the results...

Comment

• elnino
                • Sep 2012

how much will it cost?? im thinking about one down the line, but cost a major factor

Comment

• inspects
                  • Aug 2012

Chrisis,

I hope the best for your procedure.....!!

Sounds like you chose a good doctor, keep us posted, ....!!

Comment

• jimbob1966
                    • Jan 2012

hope it goes well for you, I had 2,400 fue, 10 months later I am less than impressed with the results.

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

The only problem with Minox is the unpredictability of its effectiveness, there's no clear point at which its effectiveness wears off and the stabilisation of hair loss ends (which is almost guaranteed to happen at some point within 2 - 5 years) - this may impact in the future on any hair transplants you receive now.

Comment

• chrisdav
                        • Oct 2011

Sorry to hear that Jimbob.

I had it happen to me in the Uk. Who was your surgeon?

Comment

• gillenator
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by UK_
                          The only problem with Minox is the unpredictability of its effectiveness, there's no clear point at which its effectiveness wears off and the stabilisation of hair loss ends (which is almost guaranteed to happen at some point within 2 - 5 years) - this may impact in the future on any hair transplants you receive now.
                          Very true. And minoxidil does not address the culprit behind MPB which is DHT. Although minoxidil does potentially improve hair shaft diameter and also can bring dormant follicles into the growth phase, it does not inhibit DHT like finasteride does.

In other words, MPB will resume its progression until the inibition of DHT is addressed. This is true for all of us who have MPB.
                          "Gillenator"
                          Independent Patient Advocate
                          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• gillenator
                            • Dec 2008

Chrisdav,

Congrats brother!

Wishing you the very best and thanks for sharing your case with us.
                            "Gillenator"
                            Independent Patient Advocate
                            more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• jimbob1966
                              • Jan 2012

Dr. Enis Keskin at Longevita, BUT he was to busy on the day apparently, so This woman did the hair transplant on me, She can only be described as a Wag, she'd obviously had bottox, teeth whitened, lip implants the lot, I wasn't that concerned as everyone seemed to be relaxed and sure of what there doing, but I think I was just a bit overalled by the occasion and didn't ask of her expertise or anything.

I was in Istanbul on my own with £1,000 in my back pocket (£1,500 was paid before I went) with no-one knowing I was going there for a hair transplant.

I think I was slightly overharvested on the sides, as it's a tad to thin, but not too noticeable, the donor area has healed well and no visible scars, even when buzzing down to a 1 grade. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic, i wanted to get a big slab of hair gel and put my hair straight back like the good old days lol, but what i'm left with is 2 seperate hairlines moreless, I still hope that I get some more growth in the next 2 months (making it a year) and that hair maturation will make it more acceptable to me.

I can't really say at this point if I regret it or not... as I do have some additional hair near the front, but I don't know if it was worth the hassle to be honest, i'll tell you in August after the full 18 months.

Perhaps check out my posts, I'd like some feedback, be it good or bad..

I have surposedly had 2,500 FUE transplant, please find attached pics... I would say my hair at the back was quite thick and i was surprised that they had to use so much of my donor area up, and there doesn't appear to be that much placed up front... I was hoping it would be a little lower... what do you guys think? Is it an ok

Comment

Working...