+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

The only problem with Minox is the unpredictability of its effectiveness, there's no clear point at which its effectiveness wears off and the stabilisation of hair loss ends (which is almost guaranteed to happen at some point within 2 - 5 years) - this may impact in the future on any hair transplants you receive now.

Sorry to hear that Jimbob.

I had it happen to me in the Uk. Who was your surgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    The only problem with Minox is the unpredictability of its effectiveness, there's no clear point at which its effectiveness wears off and the stabilisation of hair loss ends (which is almost guaranteed to happen at some point within 2 - 5 years) - this may impact in the future on any hair transplants you receive now.
    Very true. And minoxidil does not address the culprit behind MPB which is DHT. Although minoxidil does potentially improve hair shaft diameter and also can bring dormant follicles into the growth phase, it does not inhibit DHT like finasteride does.

In other words, MPB will resume its progression until the inibition of DHT is addressed. This is true for all of us who have MPB.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Chrisdav,

Congrats brother!

Wishing you the very best and thanks for sharing your case with us.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Dr. Enis Keskin at Longevita, BUT he was to busy on the day apparently, so This woman did the hair transplant on me, She can only be described as a Wag, she'd obviously had bottox, teeth whitened, lip implants the lot, I wasn't that concerned as everyone seemed to be relaxed and sure of what there doing, but I think I was just a bit overalled by the occasion and didn't ask of her expertise or anything.

I was in Istanbul on my own with £1,000 in my back pocket (£1,500 was paid before I went) with no-one knowing I was going there for a hair transplant.

I think I was slightly overharvested on the sides, as it's a tad to thin, but not too noticeable, the donor area has healed well and no visible scars, even when buzzing down to a 1 grade. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic, i wanted to get a big slab of hair gel and put my hair straight back like the good old days lol, but what i'm left with is 2 seperate hairlines moreless, I still hope that I get some more growth in the next 2 months (making it a year) and that hair maturation will make it more acceptable to me.

I can't really say at this point if I regret it or not... as I do have some additional hair near the front, but I don't know if it was worth the hassle to be honest, i'll tell you in August after the full 18 months.

Perhaps check out my posts, I'd like some feedback, be it good or bad..

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7390

Jimbo, I'm sorry you had a bad result, but I've spent over a year researching doctors and am spending about £8k. I don't think a Turkish doctor's assistant being paid £1000 is going to be in the same league really...

An FUE result can only ever be as good as the surgeon's ability, so it's important to choose carefully and wisely. This is not a standard operation, like an appendectomy. In my opinion it is a cosmetic surgery that requires artistic talent.

CONGRATS BRO!

Have peace of mind and let the hair cometh!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    CONGRATS BRO!

Have peace of mind and let the hair cometh!
    I agree with Dan, Jim.....looks great....!!

I hope so crisis, where are you getting your operation done?

FUE obviously has no where near as much yield as strip, but at least i can buzz down should the mood take me.

I'm definitely going to be following your progress as I think were at similiar points and the same amount of grafts etc.

Sorry just re-read your post, Belgium I see, good luck mate.