+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired

Default I'm tired

I hate waking up everyday worrying about what my hair looks like, styling it, then wearing a hat or hood outside so that the wind/rain don't mess up. I don't play sport anymore or go swimming because of my hair. The stress is wearing me down and I don't want to do it anymore.
    Shaved my head, looks terrible to the point strangers would comment on it. 19 year old skinhead with a baby face and no facial hair. I just look ill.
    I don't know what to do. Looking around uni, everyone receding or bald at my age is ostracised and just from body language looks extremely insecure.
    I'm scared.
    I used to have hair like this.

Girls loved it. I loved it.
    Now NW2 has arrived, my hair looks worse each day, my confidence is down , I'm becoming withdrawn socially and don't enjoy or look forward to things anymore. I'm starting to see what Highlander means by death at NW3.
    Hairloss destroys peoples looks. I can't deal with it.
    It just seems like I'm fighting a losing battle, so why carry on?

Default U have any pics

There is always a look and dress u can make work, if u have pics I can help u out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack93 View Post
    Now NW2 has arrived, my hair looks worse each day, my confidence is down , I'm becoming withdrawn socially and don't enjoy or look forward to things anymore.
    Norwood 2 is not a big deal. That minor level of recession is not significant enough to make you less handsome. Talk to your doctor. There are medications available that can stop it from getting worse. If you are unable or unwilling to use the medication that can stop it, you need to learn how to come to terms with it and live your life to the fullest anyways. It can be done. Men have been doing so since the beginning of recorded history. You can do it too.

Unhappy

I hate waking up everyday worrying about what my hair looks like, styling it, then wearing a hat or hood outside so that the wind/rain don't mess up. I don't play sport anymore or go swimming because of my hair. The stress is wearing me down and I don't want to do it anymore.
    Shaved my head, looks terrible to the point strangers would comment on it. 19 year old skinhead with a baby face and no facial hair. I just look ill.
    I don't know what to do. Looking around uni, everyone receding or bald at my age is ostracised and just from body language looks extremely insecure.
    I'm scared.

Now NW2 has arrived, my hair looks worse each day, my confidence is down , I'm becoming withdrawn socially and don't enjoy or look forward to things anymore. I'm starting to see what Highlander means by death at NW3.
    You sound like a ****ing *****. Grow a pair and go live life. You're a NW2 and you're contemplating suicide? Also, the guy in that picture looks like an idiot.

I'm scared.

Frankly, if it is bothering you as bad as you described, I'm not sure how or why you carry on.

I'm not trying to be insensitive. I realize this portion of the forum is for venting, and I truly do believe that venting assists the coping process. However, beating yourself up will turn you into the vapid, insecure person that you apparently see moping around your campus.

If your observations of the mannerisms of bald men were unbiased, you would notice there are a lot of balding who still function perfectly fine professionally, academically, and socially. I, personally, have multiple friends with hairloss worse than mine who slay more women than me.

You need to get over it. Fight the good fight against hairloss without letting the fight be the only thing of importance in your life.

And, please, stop comparing yourself to male models. That is one of the most perverse things you can do, and I fear that Highlander is infecting many members' sense of reality. I'm sure there are a lot more barriers than hairloss keeping you from being a male model. The same is true of me and probably every other member of this forum. Who cares.

I feel for you, I really do. Literally, 6-7 months ago I was laying in bed with a chick who was obsessed with my dark, thick hair; running her hands through it and asking what my genealogy was, because she was so genuinely impressed.. Now, I've thinned in front considerably, and have had to realize that I probably won't have another girl obsess over hair.

On the flip-side, I am 24 and grow thick facial hair. I realize there are things between you and I that are not parallel. I won't pretend to understand your life beyond what you describe on the forum.

But, please, do yourself a favor and not let hair loss define you. And, by the time you're my age, you'll see a guy like the one in your picture and laugh. You'll realize having thick, shaggy hair in your eyes and purposefully dressing like a misfit is unattractive to your female peers and a barrier to a real career.

You'll be fine. Hope my rant is more helpful than harmful, because it is meant to be.

Regards.

have had to realize that I probably won't have another girl obsess over hair.
    If this thought actually was in your mind, you yourself were obsessed over your own hair.

and yes, the guys hair in that picture is ****ing stupid.

Honestly Jack, I wouldn't worry if I was you. I can guarantee you that 99% of people would not even notice your hair loss if you're an NW2 as you say. Hell, I think most of the people on here who are NW 2.5's or less, no one would even notice their hair loss whatsoever. These people really have nothing to worry about; you don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    The point is that NW2 is just one step away from NW3, which we all know to be the defining point where hair loss is no longer concealable. It's also the point where you pretty well lose any hope of appearing youthful and aesthetic.

NW1 OR DIE TRYING!
    Highlander, I don't really know much about your hair loss, what Norwood are you? How old are you? and what treatments are you using? Just curious. I am verging towards NW3 and it worries me.

**** off highlander... no one agrees with you. You're a ****ing idiot who will be miserable his whole life.

Inactive

You have four options:

1) Get on treatments ASAP to maintain what you have and pray for some regrowth.

2) Shave it all off, get jacked, and try to pull off the masculine Jason Statham/Vin Diesel type of look.

3) Slowly allow yourself to bald and slip into mediocrity.

4) Suicide.

Good luck with whatever you choose; except suicide, don't do it.