+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: I'm tired

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    If your really thinking about killing yourself over hair then ****ing do it! Weak minded people like yourself doesn't belong in this world. Wait, don't kill yourself instead join the military for the rest of your life and die out like a champ. lol
    A bit harsh don't you think? I'm sure many of us have felt this way, hair loss is a tough thing to deal with.

Those out there talking about suicide due to hair loss need to keep this in perspective and get a grip. There are people out there that will wake up tomorrow and go to their doctor's office with full heads of hair that find out that they have terminal cancer. No cure whatsoever. There will be people dying of starvation with full heads of hair with nothing to eat dying in filth and squalor without anyone to help them in their plight and hour of need and make their last moments dignified and with a hand to hold. There are millions of people in the world dying of full blown AIDS .. men, women and children from all walks of life some if not many of whom look aesthetically pleasing to others and some who would walk right past you looking superficially beautiful though you would not know it from the outside but they are dying on the inside and although we are all dying minute by minute they far have less time than you or I as the fates measure things today in this moment. If baldness is all that you are doomed to live with then consider yourselves lucky because there are far worse things out than baldness traumatic thought it may be life dealt you those cards. Being bald is far more aesthetically pleasing than say being John Merrick the Elephant Man whom no amount of hair made his appearance any less startling. Leprosy where your skin is constantly bleeding and falling off of your body still exists in various parts of the world and places just under that disease. Compared to any of those things I mentioned baldness is a gem in the rough.
    And baldness if caught early enough is treatable and even reversible whereas the other comparisons I mentioned are not not by a long shot..( save leprosy)

With the sort of thinking evidenced in this thread - obsessing over hair as if it matters more than anything in the world - even if such a person had a full head of hair you would be terribly unhappy anyway. The hair would make little difference after the first moments of elation.

The problem here is deeper.

The secret to happiness is not focusing on yourself.

"Happiness is wonder doubled by gratitude." G.K. Chesterton.

See that word? Gratitude.

Want a hint? Go visit a cancer ward where there are young children dying. Maybe offer to do something for them to take your mind off your hair for a while. (Probably doing so you'll find women falling over themselves to meet you by the way. Hint #2 - women sense self-obsession a mile a way, especially over looks, and they don't like it; come to think of it, it's exceedingly unattractive even in a male friend.)

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    If your really thinking about killing yourself over hair then ****ing do it! Weak minded people like yourself doesn't belong in this world. Wait, don't kill yourself instead join the military for the rest of your life and die out like a champ. lol
    Posts like this have no place on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Posts like this have no place on this forum.
    Seriously, I'm new around these parts, but I find these sort of posts absolutely appalling. What is wrong with these people?

I agree that Dex's comment was a bit rough. I also believe that there are far worse things in the world that make mpb seem like a mere inconvenience. The problem is as members of a first world nation, we are conditioned to react and grieve over 'petty' things. It is unfortunate but it is reality. Travel, meet people, learn things; better yourself in other areas of life. I shaved my head and separated myself from vanity without regard to my appearance (which wasn't a bad look if I say so myself). Explore other facets of life. Find your own way.

Quote Originally Posted by younganddone00 View Post
    I agree that Dex's comment was a bit rough. I also believe that there are far worse things in the world that make mpb seem like a mere inconvenience. The problem is as members of a first world nation, we are conditioned to react and grieve over 'petty' things. It is unfortunate but it is reality. Travel, meet people, learn things; better yourself in other areas of life. I shaved my head and separated myself from vanity without regard to my appearance (which wasn't a bad look if I say so myself). Explore other facets of life. Find your own way.
    Careful; some members have distaste concerning wise words

I apologies(breaking bad) if I offended anyone but I am really tired of people posting suicidal threads over hair. We should be thankful that some of us don't live in the 3rd world country were our lives isn't in danger 24/7 or worrying about drinking clean water, food, and etc. Sure, post some depressing hair loss threads but don't go over bored with the suicidal crap.

Thanks for replying people. I guess all your viewpoints made me look at the situation differently, not everyone thinks how I do. Got on minox and Niz, started hitting the gym. Feel a lot better. Being proactive at least makes me think I'm in control. I will have enough time to feel sorry for myself later, but for now I need to make the most of my youth and if my hair is going to go, at least enjoy it for as long as I can.