I'm tired

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisM
    • Jun 2012

We come here to support each other in our venture to regrow our hair and to deal with what male pattern baldeness or the oneset of it means to each of us in our lives and the trauma in causes. And to share and support in each when strides have been made and take heart in those strides as encouragement for ourselves to take that information and use it to the best of our abilities and hope for the best using optimism as our guide.

I really don't see any room here for negativity, tearing others down, bigotry, sexist comments, homophobic comments or asinine derogatory and insulting hurtful comments being lobbed around by those few that think it is ok to do so because the moderators here have been patient and tolerant. It is not all right to tell someone to kill themselves because they are balding.
    Far from it actually.

It is highly inappropriate, lacking in empathy and it reveals mental instability to some degree. Men and women for centuries have lived and died suffering with hair loss and there were no products out there to deal with it save a wig or shaving their heads utterly.. but then they had bigger concerns such how they were going to live, or eat or raise their families or just simply survive in the changing world as it progress over its history.

It is up to us to develop the mental regimen of individual positive thinking in addition incorporating our daily hair solutions and if they don't work well or don't work at all.. listen up it isn't the end of the world.. you aren't cursed or about to become a outcast by default. You and you alone have the ability to seize and change your destiny for the better.

You think Bill Gates has aesthetic looks even with his mop of hair ? No but he worked hard and seized destiny to become one of the most influential and powerful billionaires of our time because he had the motivation to push himself in other directions besides just those on the surface dealing with looks.

You define by your confidence on how you appear to others not just by the hair on your head. A guy with a full head of hair can walk into a bar sheepishly with no confidence and strike out with every girl and then a bald guy comes up and is successful with every girl in that bar that the long haired guy talked to and failed to impress.
    Why ?

His attitude and lack of confidence, his lack of mastery of conversation and wit gave off and aura that even a full head of hair could not save. I have been that bald guy who has walked away with the pretty woman on my arm and left the guy with hair on head wondering how that happens.

I stay fit and I work out weekly I am not jacked but I am muscular but I just focus on loving myself and enjoying who I am in that moment from that builds confidence and and from unbeatable attitude only good things can follow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Comment

• Davey Jones
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
      That's the problem! If these sufferers hadn't passed on their defective genes we wouldn't have this issue! How hard is that mentally unstable to advocate?

People with the MPB gene must not have children!
      The thing is, if it were an evolutionarily "defective" gene, it would breed itself out on its own. Suggesting we breed it out on purpose is called eugenics, and for what ever crazy reason, a lot of people are against eugenics.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
        • Sep 2010

Most people have the gene. And the gene presents itself after reproductive age in many people. It will not be bread out of existence.

Comment

• ChrisM
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
          That's the problem! If these sufferers hadn't passed on their defective genes we wouldn't have this issue! How hard is that mentally unstable to advocate?

People with the MPB gene must not have children!
          You misquoted me or rather took a section of my words to support a fallacy that frankly leaves me astonished. If two people who did have the MPB gene did not have sex you would not be born.. nor would millions upon of people be here either just on the count of vanity, physical beauty and aesthetics being the cause of such even hypothetically is disturbing. Some of the greatest men in history were bald or balding.. Napoleon, Plato, Shakespeare, Churchill, Gandhi,
          and the list goes on and on.

Baldness is a genetic crapshoot..a lottery if you will of dominant and recessive genes from both parents passed to the offspring. One brother can be passed the gene and loses his hair in his twenties while the other has a full head of hair until old age.

It is the random pairing and the genetic triggers that lie dormant when you are a baby, then later a child that decide to activate past your teen years and start doing their dirty work. Even with the technology we have today we know what causes it and can take steps but the medicines and treatments are reactive not proactive.

The current roster of products( Minoxidil, Nizoral and Propecia are reacting to an existing problem constantly turned on by your genetic makeup.. maybe in a few decades there will be something at the stem cell level that when injected once turns off the genetic sequence for baldness in one shot so when identified the damage would never even start.. but we have bigger fish to fry with things in health curatives like fighting breast cancer.. hell cancer itself in all forms.., heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, HIV and AIDS for starters.

All of those things take precedence in the medical community both pharmeutical and biomedical because whoever solves those and wipes out those ailments from the map plaguing human beings would surely be given the Nobel Prize and have done a service for humanity that wiping out baldness would seem pretty insignificant and small in the shadow of such achievements.

Hence the focus on baldness prevention is there but it is not ratcheted up to that level nor will it be.

What you are talking about would create a society not unlike what was depicted in the movie Gattaca( with Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman his then wife) where people who didn't have bad genes filtered out and were not resequenced with every advantage would be ostracized and treated as second class citizens. Which is quite frankly ludricous and would never be allowed to happen.

Comment

• blowmeup
            • Nov 2008

Well said Chris! People like Highlander will never make it in life. He is far too weak and feeble minded. Funny thing is that he actually believes that he's intelligent. lol. The guy is pure poison and like so many others on this forum I just wish he would go away. He's a really bad person who brings so much negativity to this forum.

I'm glad your posting here Chris, it's nice to have intelligent, level headed people contributing. If enough smart, caring people post on a regular basis, we can drown out the evil of the likes of Highlander.

Comment

• BigThinker
              • Oct 2012

I think just to spite him I'm going to octo-mom a different girl for every NW class I progress to.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
                Most people have the gene. And the gene presents itself after reproductive age in many people. It will not be bread out of existence.
                Make that "bred"
                Thanksgiving food was on my mind.

Comment

• ChrisM
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by blowmeup
                  Well said Chris! People like Highlander will never make it in life. He is far too weak and feeble minded. Funny thing is that he actually believes that he's intelligent. lol. The guy is pure poison and like so many others on this forum I just wish he would go away. He's a really bad person who brings so much negativity to this forum.

I'm glad your posting here Chris, it's nice to have intelligent, level headed people contributing. If enough smart, caring people post on a regular basis, we can drown out the evil of the likes of Highlander.
                  Thank you! Thankfully I am not tasked nor do I wan the job of sucking the poisonous venom out of the forums. I will leave that enviable task for someone else to handle.

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BigThinker
                    And, please, stop comparing yourself to male models. That is one of the most perverse things you can do, and I fear that Highlander is infecting many members' sense of reality.
                    This warrants repeating. Real men do not look like male models. Real men are usually more handsome than male models - and make far more reliable soul mates.

Jack, Whatever you choose to do, do yourself a very big favor and ignore Highlander completely. Highlander is not well. He has a very broken mind and a very distorted view of reality. Don't allow him to break your mind and distort reality for you too.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                      • Aug 2012

why do you always ignore my posts Highlander? What norwood are you? What treatments you on? and how old are you?

Comment

• ChrisM
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                        why do you always ignore my posts Highlander? What norwood are you? What treatments you on? and how old are you?
                        You obviously know why right Breaking? You are calling him out. If he is worse in MPB and further upwards on the Norwood scale he certainly is not going to admit/divulge it to you or for that matter everyone else on the forum. Why would he ?

His treatments I believe he has mentioned several times here the big three.. Finasteride, Minoxidil, Regenepure and previous to that Nizoral I think.

Comment

• Exodus
                          • Nov 2012

This guy is messed up in the head. He claims to be creating himself as the perfect human. I've read posts of surgeries and all sorts. I mean cosmetic surgery can work and boost some people right...I mean look at the late Michael Jackson.

Comment

• dda
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
                            Norwood 2 is not a big deal. That minor level of recession is not significant enough to make you less handsome. Talk to your doctor. There are medications available that can stop it from getting worse. If you are unable or unwilling to use the medication that can stop it, you need to learn how to come to terms with it and live your life to the fullest anyways. It can be done. Men have been doing so since the beginning of recorded history. You can do it too.

LOL then again, people thousands and even one hundred years ago didn't have to live up to a social stigma of looking perfect. The world is completely shit in todays times, and if you can compete with the expectations, then your life is pretty much done.

Comment

• younganddone00
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Jack93
                              I hate waking up everyday worrying about what my hair looks like, styling it, then wearing a hat or hood outside so that the wind/rain don't mess up. I don't play sport anymore or go swimming because of my hair. The stress is wearing me down and I don't want to do it anymore.
                              Shaved my head, looks terrible to the point strangers would comment on it. 19 year old skinhead with a baby face and no facial hair. I just look ill.
                              I don't know what to do. Looking around uni, everyone receding or bald at my age is ostracised and just from body language looks extremely insecure.
                              I'm scared.
                              I used to have hair like this.

Girls loved it. I loved it.
                              Now NW2 has arrived, my hair looks worse each day, my confidence is down , I'm becoming withdrawn socially and don't enjoy or look forward to things anymore. I'm starting to see what Highlander means by death at NW3.
                              Hairloss destroys peoples looks. I can't deal with it.
                              It just seems like I'm fighting a losing battle, so why carry on?
                              I know...we know...
                              THAT FEEL... WE ALL KNOW IT.THAT FEEL WHEN FINALLY, ONE MILLION (1,000,000) VIEWS!!!! - 3/10/2019THAT FEEL WHEN 100k VIEWS - 10/09/2011THAT FEEL WHEN 200k VI...

Comment

• dex89
                                • Jul 2012

If your really thinking about killing yourself over hair then ****ing do it! Weak minded people like yourself doesn't belong in this world. Wait, don't kill yourself instead join the military for the rest of your life and die out like a champ. lol

Comment

Working...