+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Aussies are trialing Stem Cell Therapy for Baldness

Hey Guys,

I was reading the paper this morning and came across an amazing article about our own Aussie doctors going to trial "Stem cell therapy" to cure baldness.

The study will be conducted at a hospital in Adelaide involving 20 subjects. This will be their "first in man study" to cure baldness

Dr Ralph Bright has already tried this treatment for Osteoarthritis (OA) since 2009 which yielded remarkable results. For those who don't know much about OA, the medical field simply has very little to offer in terms of treatment. All we have is Paracetamol (Acetaminophen/Tylenol).

In his recent study, which was presented in Sydney last month, more than 80 per cent of patients experienced significant improvements in pain and mobility of their joints.

Now, he's trying to use the same methodology for hair loss. It seems to me like since it has proven safe in OA, the TGA (our version of FDA) seems to be going easy on them and they are starting their Phase I trial within the next TWO WEEKS!

I'm so happy right now

Here's the only link I could find online:
    http://palin.com.au/featured-news/st...s-for-baldness

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Why? Problem will be solved before they even get to start with Phase III.. They're late.

Hahahhahaha,

True. But we shouldn't be complaining. It's always good to have a back up plan just in case. We'll know if you're right if Aderans finally decides to share some of their results with the public.

- Fingers crossed

Hahahhahaha,

True. But we shouldn't be complaining. It's always good to have a back up plan just in case. We'll know if you're right if Aderans finally decides to share some of their results with the public.

- Fingers crossed
    My concern with Aderans isn't weather, but when their treatment will be available. Right now, they're not on schedule.

Tell me about it

If we don't get an update from Aderans by April, one can simply conclude that Aderans/Replicel will be for the next generation of hair loss sufferers who enter the market post-2020. We will miss out!

In such a case, our generation can only rely on Histogen to grow back some of our hair!

Sad but true! Let's hope Aderans really is getting some amazing results

Let's hope Aderans really is getting some amazing results
    With wigs - I agree ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SwA1ENqxI

why are you basing Aderans's chances of success on whether they will bring out news by April? Seems a strange assumption

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    why are you basing Aderans's chances of success on whether they will bring out news by April? Seems a strange assumption
    Downhill slopes are pretty easy! Bald Truth Talk forum members find themselves more at ease by being negative and pessimistic rather than optimistic, or god forbid, realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Downhill slopes are pretty easy! Bald Truth Talk forum members find themselves more at ease by being negative and pessimistic rather than optimistic, or god forbid, realistic.
    April 2013 is the date they are meant to FINISH their LAST Phase II trial. (This is considering that they decided to do an additional TWO trials that extended their Phase 2 trials from Feb 2012 all the way to April 2013)

If they don't announce anything by then and decide to do another Phase 2 trial that is very alarming as it most likely indicates that they're having some real issues generating enough hairs, which would also explain their silence over the last 5 years.

If they still don't have a viable treatment after 11 years of research and over 11 Phase 2 trials, I really doubt anything will be released by them in the near future. (If they keep at it though I'm sure something will be released in the next 5-6 years but that is too late for many of us)

Don't forget this is all IF they don't announce anything by then!

I personally believe April 2013 is make or break for our generation of hair loss sufferers. If we don't hear from them by then, all we have to look forward to is Histogen, which is great but it means that we are still left with Propecia as our only method of blocking DHT for a long time to come which is not really what many ppl intend to take well into 2020.

So funny how desmond is the most ultra positive guy on this forum.