+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Would you rather be really really fat(400lb+) or a Norwood 7 slick bald?

This is a serious question:

Would you rather be really really fat(400lb+ and mostly fat and very little muscle) or a Norwood 7 slick bald?

This is a serious question, because some folks believe that a fat individual is better off, because he/she has full control over diet/exercise, which can cause one to lose weight.

However, how many of us can grow hair with exercise and diet....

I always say that I would rather be fat than balding, because as you say, a person has it within their power to lose weight and get in shape, whereas hair loss is beyond a person's control. I was never 400 pounds, yet I used to be overweight and lost almost 40 pounds in like 3 months through diet and exercise. Bottom line: if a person is fat, they CAN lose weight. If a person suffers from hair loss, they cannot regrow their hair, at least not with today's sh*tbag options.

Depends.. the obvious answer would be to choose being obese but with that comes complications.. diabetes, renal failure of the one or more kidneys leading to dialysis and possible death due to failure of kidneys altogether, hypertension, heart attack, stroke, being out of breath all the time.. sluggish movement and those are just a few of the things that can happen as time and age set in with that condition. Depending on the person your body is a time bomb waiting to tell you enough depending on the warning signs stated above.
    Hair loss while a blow to self esteem isn't particular something that can be damaging to the health to the point of death. Yes you can change it by diet and exercise and possibly gastric bypass in the extreme but for some the weight is not that easily dropped even then.
    There are people with advanced baldness that either a) live with it and have a life that is as great or if not greater without hair because they have learned to enhance the other areas of their life to compensate b) the meds or the hair transplant have worked and now they look exactly as they expect and they feel confident again.

If you were extremely disciplined, have an strong work ethic, determined with a high level of perseverance and none of the other potential complications that are attached with weighing 400lbs, then maybe but that is not being realistic.

Therefore I would choose to be NW7.

There a lot more successful NW7 I know of then there are 400 lb men except maybe a few WWE Wrestlers

400lb of course... I could probably lose all that weight within a year where as baldness is pretty much for life

NW7, hands down. Being 400+lbs isn't just a matter of losing weight. It would wreck your body. Even if you got down to a normal weight, you would have tons of extra, flappy skin. My roommate went from 285 to 225, and he's still dealing with the extra skin after years. If I went from 400 to the 170 I am now, I'd be a parachute.

And even besides vanity issues, being 400+lbs for any amount of time and then losing all that weight would be physiologically stressful. I'd have to guess that you're taking, at least, several years off your life. Probably more. And that's not just cutting the bad years off the end. In essence, you would age much more rapidly.

So you would be completely unattractive for an extended period of losing the weight (possibly years), then you'd still have skin folds, and in the end (years down the road), you'd be effectively older than you would have been, still less healthy than you were before, and closer to death.

It just doesn't make sense to pick 400+lbs. Hell, if one of these groups working on a cure pulls through by 2016 (overly optimistic, I know), you'd have probably had your hair back before you have your health back anyway, and that's pretending that you ever really have your health back.

So yeah...gimme the NW7. I'm pretty sure abs and a bald head work better than a nice head of hair and planetary size.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

I'd rather weigh 400 pounds for the rest of my LIFE than become NW7

How is this even a debate? If you're NW7 slick bald, you can buzz the sides, get in great shape, and have a rockin' body. There are plenty of guys out there that still look vibrant, energized, and healthy with a bald head--not to mention attractive. Sure, some women just won't go for a bald guy, period. But I GUARANTEE you that there are more women that are receptive to a fit bald guy that a 400 pound guy with a luxurious head of hair.

And that's irrespective of the horrendous health consequences, the limited mobility, the social stigma, etc. No one stares at a bald guy at the mall--they're everywhere. But a 400 pound guy? That gets you some looks

Easiest call ever.

flawless hairline...

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post

flawless hairline...
    zero chances of getting laid with an attractive female. It's impossible for these guys to have sex lol. I rather be in top shape and bald and be able to have sex with a female then being fat and disgusting.