+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Important questions about cell based treatments!

Firstly, What are your guys opinions about how safe these treatments will be? I mean I am no scientist by ay means, but it would seem that they should be pretty safe seeing as they are using your own cells. But could these cells mutate for any reason? Would the body fight them? Could they turn cancerous or abnormal?

Secondly, if you have had a hair transplant, could that be a problem for these treatments?

I say this because, lets say you have had a hair transplant. New hair follicles have been placed on your head in a different position to where your original follicles were. Now lets say that one of these treatments manages to grow back all of your old original follicles. Now there may be a problem, because your old follicles are coming through next to your newer transplanted ones or on top of them!

This may:

1. Look odd because your originals will be coming through next to the transplanted ones which will most likely be going in a different direction.

2. Cause problems of regrowth. Lets say that some of the transplanted hair follicles have been moved to the exact spot where your original ones were. How is it going to grow back? It may even cause problems, not grow or cause irritation.

I think these are important questions, so I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on this

We just don't know, is the short answer.

Re safety, it's not inconceivable there could be issues, possibly even cancer. But so far none of them have reported safety issues, they've all passed Phase I.

Re transplants, my feeling is there will probably be a little bit of scar tissue around each graft which should prevent new follicles growing over old ones. According to the Replicel theory, the cells should migrate into an existing follicle is it's there instead of creating a new follicle anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post

... new follicles growing over old ones.
    Seems he is thinking this way ...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Seems he is thinking this way ...
    Were you banned from hair site or something?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Were you banned from hair site or something?
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no – that depends on how much imaginary hairs some young cats can see from useless AGA “hope-therapies” …

That picture made me laugh. Anyway........so back on topic...anyone else actually have any input?

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    That picture made me laugh. Anyway........so back on topic...anyone else actually have any input?
    Yes, cell based treatments will fail 100%. Hair follicle is much complicated then that.

0 hope for Replicel.
    0 hope for Aderans.

50% hope for Histogen, that is that it will make its way into the market but like I said before: if it's not costanza to fabio then it's considered a failure to me and they're wasting time...

I agree with 2020 - Aderans Replicel were both hallucinating when they saw higher hair counts in treated areas during all their clinical trials. A little fairy came down from the sky and sprinkled dust in their eyes making them see an improved hair count which was not actually there.

Everything is an illusion, the sentinels have set up a matrix to make everyone believe we are bald but in the real world morpheus has hair.

The architect is at the top and the illuminati lizard creatures control a hidden supply of tin foil headgear throughout the universe that is known to reverse the onset of prepubescent donkey genital failure.

(now look at 2020's avatar).

I rest my case.

Man this forum is making me more bi-polar than I am already am...everyday the mood goes from optimist to ridiculous pessimism. And you two are some of the main culprits for constantly bringing it down

For god sake the question was NOT 'Will these treatments be successful?' Go and re read my first post. How the heck do you know if they will fail? We barely know anything about their results because they are ridiculously secretive.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Man this forum is making me more bi-polar than I am already am...everyday the mood goes from optimist to ridiculous pessimism. And you two are some of the main culprits for constantly bringing it down

For god sake the question was NOT 'Will these treatments be successful?' Go and re read my first post. How the heck do you know if they will fail? We barely know anything about their results because they are ridiculously secretive.
    Hey Breaking Bald,

Back in 2006, a German company called TeGeNeRo came up with a novel "Biological" treatment called TGN1412 which was meant to cure ALL autoimmune diseases!!! I'm talking, Diabetes, Eczema, MS, Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, etc etc...

So they started their Phase I clinical trial in 6 ppl in UK. But being a small company they didn't follow standard protocol and injected all 6 patients at the same time with different doses of TGN1412 rather than staggered dosing.

Long story short, within 1 hour of the injection, all 6 subjects developed a fatal condition called "Cytokine Storm", where they were banging their heads against the walls to try and kill themselves because they were in excruciating agony. Pretty much in most of them all their limbs solidified (turned into rock) and had to be amputated to save them!

Now, this happened very recently (2006) and the reason why it happened was because it was a "Biological". Now what biological refers to is a broad term that represent anything that is not a small molecule and is generally derived from animal or human tissues. This could be blood products, vaccines, proteins, or cell-based therapies.

Biologicals are VERY new in the field of medicine and a lot of regulatory authorities lacked expert scientists in these fields to carefully examine these products for potential harm.

Now, the TeGeNeRO incident changed EVERYTHING! The regulatory authorities realised the potential risks of biologicals and really amped up their regulatory requirements for these types of therapies.

I mean if you're involved in "regulatory affairs" you definitely know what a headache it is to get a biological agent approved!

So, even though there are potential risks associated, the FDA will be extremely stringent on Aderans to make sure every aspect of their trial proves safety to the best of their ability!

So, to make the story short, don't jump in to sign up for the trials but be patient. Once it is approved by the FDA, you can be pretty confident that it is a relatively safe therapy

Hope all this helps brother