Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Try to google "sony cybershot W320 sample images" - and NORMALLY ( ) you will know ...
    For example, I did the same with my digital camera, because there are so many digital cameras on the market and "lots of mega pixels" doesn't really tell you something about the quality of photos.

Here is what my (rather ceap) camera is able to do:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/...66/flowers.jpg

When you click in the photo to enlarge it (aka "zoom-in"), you can see each and every detail.

If you're a clever guy, you will even know (if you download the pic), what camera model it is, and the exact date and time of the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    aim4hair

You had 2000+ grafts extracted at the back of you head and it was a few months ago.
    Now when you shave do you see gaps or white dots or you think regeneretion occured?
    I shave now with clipper (no guard) which is the shortest you can go before razor and there is no visible sign that i had any work done on my donor.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    I shave now with clipper (no guard) which is the shortest you can go before razor and there is no visible sign that i had any work done on my donor.
    same. i had 1200 grafts with gho. i shave with clipper, no guard. nothing noticable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    That 'Tobban' guy photo really means nothing by the way.
    Like your useless blah blah blah posts?

Hi c5000,

Great to hear from you again.

About the camera, keep your current camera, I reckon I could reproduce these photos with a shitty iphone camera if I my life depended on it.

I took my pictures directly under a halogen 40w bulb, one of those down-lighters you see in bathrooms. However natural light is equally as good! The last thing you want is shadows which will activate your flash on the camera.

I put my camera on zoom-in mode, I'm not sure if this was necessary, but it worked so I kept on doing it.... I held my hand a still as possible and held down the button on the camera for at least 1 second until I could hear the photo was taken, sometimes when you press and release too quickly the camera can shake a little!

I held the camera about 5 - 10 inches away from my head, that seem close, but your only taking a photo of a small area, so it makes no sense to be shooting half of your head.

What I haven't mentioned until now, I had to take about 20 photos to get one perfect shot. No big deal, it's worth it! Like you said, your taking these photos for yourself 1st and 2nd for the forum.

As for shaving after the procedure, I would think it's not a good idea to be using a blade, but clipping the hair like I did in a small area for the sake of a photo is absolutely fine. I think I did this at around day 6, I'm sure IronMan will know when this was.

If your hair is already short then practice before the procedure, or practice on some facial stubble hair to see how it goes!

Good luck

Arrow

If you can not respect each other's opinion and act in a civil manner when engaging in a discussion on this forum, we ask that you refrain from posting.

As stated before, BTT intends to fully comply with Dr. Gho's request to discourage and moderate inappropriate, inaccurate, disparaging, intentionally argumentative and defamatory commentary concerning his colleagues, and other available hair restoration techniques (FUE/FUT) in relation to HST or Dr. Coen Gho himself.

Also, in direct response to Dr. Gho's request, all baseless and false accusations or disruptive posts on both HST related threads and non Gho/HST threads will no longer be hosted on baldtruthtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post

As for shaving after the procedure, I would think it's not a good idea to be using a blade, but clipping the hair like I did in a small area for the sake of a photo is absolutely fine. I think I did this at around day 6, I'm sure IronMan will know when this was.
    Of course, I know, because finally we are "working together under 1 hat“.

Anyway, you shaved (partially) the donor area on day 13:

Day 13 - full resolution/full-size:
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/...3uk-Day-13.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    So does anyone have any advice on whether my current camera a 14 megapixer sony cybershot W320 will be adequate or should I upgrade?
    Its a 2+ year old camera, it should perform fine so as long as you set it to MACRO. (typically the little flower symbol) and get as close to your treated area as possible without the lens being unable to focus.

Every lens has a minimum focus distance, some will have typically about 20cm or so but 'point and shoots' can get some fairly nice results going significantly closer with macro settings enabled. I've got a Sony DSC-HX10V camera and I can shoot from about 3-5cm.

Just make sure you have SteadyShot enabled so you don't get blurry shots caused by your hands shaking. Also make sure you've got PLENTY of light when take these photographs in Macro mode, I don't know the technical reason but it seems like the either the f/stop or ISO settings are very high, every point and shoot camera ive tried has always given me grief with long shutter speeds in macro.

If you got a ton of money to burn, I'd suggest you get an Canon SLR camera and a 100mm Macro Lens.... =D

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    Hi all.

I'm having my first HST in a few weeks and was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on how to get as good quality pictures as Gaz (gc83uk) got.

I want to document my procedure, as much for myself as anything else. I'm also willing to share these pictures if anyone wishes.

Also if the rest of the guys on this site have any particular angles or pictures they want me to take then let me know.

Regards
    C5000
    So, this thread is basically all about HOW TO GET GOOD QUALTY PICTURES OF HST DONOR (and/or recipient) REGENERATION - nothing more, nothing less. In this context, I hereby just inform c5000 about the following post:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...0297#post90297

So DO NOT discuss this linked post or related issue within this thread!

If you have something to say, please discuss this issue within the linked thread - and NOT within this thread here!!
    Thanks in advance.

c5000

How many grafts you going to get and which area of scalp is getting done?