Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post

Arashi, is it safe to shave the donor down after 4 days? I guess I can ask doctor Gho when it is safe to shave down the donor, but I don't really mind having to shave it down as I quite like my hair short.
    Simply use gc’s original photos (full size photos – I guess you know where you find them?) for orientation or to get a hint what usually happens after day 3, day 5 and so on …

Up to day 7, normally, there is no need to shave the donor area (don’t use a real RAZOR too early!) or just your small “observation area” – if you have defined one. Another example is patient Tobban:

Day 6

So up to day 7, normally, there is no need the shave or to cut the hairs. But after day 7 – it’s extremely difficult to see the extraction sites, especially if you have very dense hair in your donor area. So simply do what gc did:
    Shave the hairs (it’s better you use a hair cutter machine!) after day 13 or day 14, and start to make some photos again.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    So up to day 7, normally, there is no need the shave or to cut the hairs. B.
    "Normally" ? You mean in this 1 case above ? It really depends on how fast you hair grows, how far they've cut it down and the angle of the hairs (the flatter the sooner you'll have to cut it down again).

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    After 4 days you're allowed to touch it again, wash it etc, so shaving should be ok too.
    I was adviced by HASCI not to shave before 2 weeks post op.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    I was adviced by HASCI not to shave before 2 weeks post op.
    Ok, that makes my decision easier, thanks

BTW, 'aim4hair', did you shoot good highres pictures yourself ? And if so, did you see regrowth ?

aim4hair

You had 2000+ grafts extracted at the back of you head and it was a few months ago.
    Now when you shave do you see gaps or white dots or you think regeneretion occured?

Ok well I'll wait a couple of weeks before I shave down the donor. I have a small scar on my donor area from playing soccer, so that will serve as a good point of reference when monitoring regrowth.

Any idea how long you have to wait before you can shave down the recipient?

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    So up to day 7, normally, there is no need the shave or to cut the hairs. But after day 7 – it’s extremely difficult to see the extraction sites, especially if you have very dense hair in your donor area. So simply do what gc did:
    Shave the hairs (it’s better you use a hair cutter machine!) after day 13 or day 14, and start to make some photos again.
    That 'Tobban' guy photo really means nothing by the way. Of course some hairs are shorter than the others. The technician won't be able to extract each hair successfully, in fact, I think the ratio between 'drilling' and successful extraction was about 20:12 in my case. Sometimes she won't be able to extract the hair at all and other times the hair will break, causing shorter hairs.

I agree with didi and 534623, practice taking pictures ahead of time if possible. The next time you shave your head, try to get photos that are zoomed in and clear enough that an individual hair count is possible. Upload them here and we'll be able to tell you if they're good enough. But try to practice, because it seems to be trickier then it looks and nobody yet has been able to recreate gc83uk's picture quality.

Hopefully gc83uk sees this thread and can give you some advice on the actual picture taking process. If you can take pictures as well as he did and use the scar as a reference, the analysis will be very easy and there will be no doubt whether you have donor regeneration or not.

So does anyone have any advice on whether my current camera a 14 megapixer sony cybershot W320 will be adequate or should I upgrade?