+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default It's a huge sham

I feel like the most gullible **** in the world right now. 11 months on fin I've gone from SLIGHTLY thinning Nw2 to VERY heavily thinning Nw2 very visibly balding and I'm shedding constantly. Treatment "results" must be a shared delusion placebo effect.

for what it's worth i was in the same boat as you--on fin for 14 months and i was pretty much shedding that whole time--since getting off 5 months ago two things happen:my penis works again and my hair has stopped shedding. fin is not for everyone. it just isn't. that is not to say it does not work great for many (it seems to)--but not for ALL--just something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe View Post
    for what it's worth i was in the same boat as you--on fin for 14 months and i was pretty much shedding that whole time--since getting off 5 months ago two things happen:my penis works again and my hair has stopped shedding. fin is not for everyone. it just isn't. that is not to say it does not work great for many (it seems to)--but not for ALL--just something to consider.
    Agree! I was on FIN for about 11 months myself. I noticed extreme weight gain, starting of gyno, brain fog, and weak erections. All this and the ironic part is that it didn't do a damn thing for my hair but turn it almost black. Thinning still continued while on it the entire time.

Long story short, I stopped at 11 months and prayed the side effects would disappear, as I regretted ever touching this poison. Sure enough 5 months later, the weight went down, morning woodies returned, gyno dimenished, and my slight stuttering problem on propecia went away as well.

More importantly, my hair looks better now then while in fin. Just wasn't for me. That drug is not worth all the additional headaches and sides for couple few strands. That's just me.

I've never had ANY sexual problems off fin, it just doesn't do shit for hair. I shed enormously after starting taking it, had no more shedding but the hair never returned, but come the end of September I've done nothing BUT shed aggressively. The only option I probably have now is dut, but I won't be able to get that legally for hairloss AFAIK.

Please ride through the shed; it would be unfortunate to lose this hair permanently.

Remember, shedding is (apparently) an indication that medication is working.

^ I've heard that and it's the sole reason I have used fin for so long. I'm doubtful though. Everyone I talk to off-forums/offline about hairloss and fin always says stuff like, anti hairloss tablets? You gullible twat! etc and ridicules me. The most common thing I hear is, if tablets that stopped baldness really existed, why are there so many bald men about?

just count yourself lucky, you realised now than later.

Even if it did "work" for you, you would most likley be going through this kind of thinning (and maintenance if you had any) for the rest of your life (just take a look at the hairloss forums, they are blindly taking the drug and still experiencing random hair loss situations throuhout thier 2/5 years on it)....when you could be enjoying a decent head of hair while off it. The people who take it are fools, im not denying it can provide substantial regrowth (which is why it appears to grow/maintain hair) but theres a specific way to prolong this initial "regrowth period" with fin. Everyone can enjoy this "regrowth period" and i mean even those that didnt have results! But it has to be done via specific protocol.

There IS a subset of people that can, appear to maintain forever (which is rare btw), those who can, have something seriously wrong with thier body.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    just count yourself lucky, you realised now than later.

Even if it did "work" for you, you would most likley be going through this kind of thinning (and maintenance if you had any) for the rest of your life (just take a look at the hairloss forums, they are blindly taking the drug and still experiencing random hair loss situations throuhout thier 2/5 years on it)....when you could be enjoying a decent head of hair while off it. The people who take it are fools, im not denying it can provide substantial regrowth (which is why it appears to grow/maintain hair) but theres a specific way to prolong this initial "regrowth period" with fin. Everyone can enjoy this "regrowth period" and i mean even those that didnt have results! But it has to be done via specific protocol.

There IS a subset of people that can, appear to maintain forever (which is rare btw), those who can, have something seriously wrong with thier body.
    glad we have professor gutted to set ut straight

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    glad we have professor gutted to set ut straight
    lool

10char

Although finasteride has somewhat worked for me, I agree with Kirby when he says that if these drugs were so effective at preventing baldness, then how come there are so many bald/balding men around. I also experience the side effects as well; that's why even though I'm on fin now, I'm very hesitant to make a lifelong commitment to the drug. And I really can't stand it when so many people say or imply that if one had side effects with fin, then it must be psychosomatic.

And although I don't think finasteride is a sham, I will state that I believe that minoxidil is. I've yet to see minoxidil regrow any significant hair on anyone and I've heard plenty of stories where minoxidil caused people to shed hair that ultimately never came back. As I always say, most of today's treatments for hair loss are utter garbage.