+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ppxrare View Post
    So based on the comments on this thread, minoxidil (which is fda approved for hair growth) doesn't work ?

Just because it hasn't worked for you doesn't mean it didn't work for other people. I myself have experienced significant hair grow/thickening which made a huge cosmetic difference for me.
    Just to be clear I never said minoxidle doesn't work. I personally would not use it topically twice a day incontinously. Minoxidle sulphate on the other hand is something I would definitely use if it became necessary, but I would either inject or apply less frequently with dermaroller and adenosine.

Followed your story Kirkby, it was put me off fin for life.

Still - I find it amazing how someone like Spex can tolerate it so well, whereas you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Followed your story Kirkby, it was put me off fin for life.

Still - I find it amazing how someone like Spex can tolerate it so well, whereas you can't.
    Well, that is if he is the person he claims to be *shrugs*. I'm suddenly become very sceptical of anything and everything I read on these forums. I've no idea what or who is real any more (e.g. one the 'fin works for five years only' issue).

I've been on Mindoxil for 2 months and Fin for 3 weeks, I know it's early days but my hair looks the shittest it has EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    I feel like the most gullible **** in the world right now.
    You are not gullible, you are very unlucky. Though this medication does work for most men who use it, it does not work for everyone. There is no such thing as a medication that works for everyone. I am sorry to hear it isn't working for you. You need to know that it is possible to live a full and happy life even with hair loss. Many men have done so since the beginning of recorded history. You can do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Follicular Death Row, I have to look into the malaria topic that you talk about. Except at least many people have been working for a long time towards a malaria vaccine. Yet when it comes to hair loss, practically nobody even researched human hair loss until very recently and even then, we only have a handful of companies in the entire world even looking for a cure.
    It's just a cautionary point. For sure real hair loss research is only in it's infancy but who really knows how ccomplex or simple a problem it is. They thought they'd have a HIV vaccine by now too; at least that was the word in the mid to late 80s when it became rampant.

I'd just like to advise caution with these things. They tend to be more complex than they first appear unfortunately.

Kirby, I feel I can relate to your situation. Im a diffuse thinner/NW2 roughly. Its obvious I am balding. People make comments and its very very noticeable. Usually in the day, it doesn't get me down too much when Im working or doing other stuff.

I visited my GP where Im awaiting a blood test and then Ill go back to get the results, in all honesty, Im not expecting myself to have thyroid issues etc, I know I've got classic MPB.

I pushed him on Fin and I was really tempted to go to Boots and buy some, but I just thought is it worth it for the sides. You read stories on here where it works, but then you just see some where it has no effect at all!

Its come to the point where Im cutting my hair short (buzz) working out and waiting to see what happens with the GP.

(PS I am UK based too).

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    I feel like the most gullible **** in the world right now. 11 months on fin I've gone from SLIGHTLY thinning Nw2 to VERY heavily thinning Nw2 very visibly balding and I'm shedding constantly. Treatment "results" must be a shared delusion placebo effect.
    I understand your frustration. But you shouldn't give up. Have you checked your hormone levels? (No?) Remember that finasteride may simply be too weak to you. If you have nothing to lose, then jump on dutasteride.

If you lower your DHT levels below 15 ng/dl, you can't get bald, because no pre-pubertal children get bald.

I'm thinking about dut, but only via legal means with a doctor's approval.