+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

They're all shit. Better than nothing, literally (because they are barely better than nothing), but still utterly pathetic. That's why I've not touched minox, BTW: I'm not willing to risk shedding hair that may never return, and unlike fin I've personally known people who use minox and it didn't do a jot of regrowth for them.

However, I don't agree that being on either is "lifetime". 10-15 years at the very most and at least fin or minox will be obsolete. There's no way by 2027 that anyone with MPB will be using the Big 3 as we currently know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    There's no way by 2027 that anyone with MPB will be using the Big 3 as we currently know it.
    I happen to agree with this but tbf we just can't say that for sure. It's pushing 15 years since the last treatment was approved. The US department of defence have been working on a malaria vaccine for 50 years and haven't really gotten anywhere so you never know.

CB and Histogen should be the next things that are approved, by 2016 or later. I aint waitin that long though!

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    I happen to agree with this but tbf we just can't say that for sure. It's pushing 15 years since the last treatment was approved. The US department of defence have been working on a malaria vaccine for 50 years and haven't really gotten anywhere so you never know.
    50 years since they started or 50 years of actively pursuing a vaccine? I'm genuinely asking because that seems sketchy if it's the latter, and I'm too lazy to google.

Regardless, the lack of a cure does bother me.

Kirby, you really are correct. I get such a kick out of it when I hear minoxidil, finasteride, and nizoral shampoo as "The Big 3". Two of those products in my opinion do not do a damn thing for most people, and they're referred to as "The Big 3". Absolutely ridiculous. Like I said, I will concede that finasteride does work for some people, but there are plenty of users (like yourself) that it does not work for.

Follicular Death Row, I have to look into the malaria topic that you talk about. Except at least many people have been working for a long time towards a malaria vaccine. Yet when it comes to hair loss, practically nobody even researched human hair loss until very recently and even then, we only have a handful of companies in the entire world even looking for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    CB and Histogen should be the next things that are approved, by 2016 or later. I aint waitin that long though!
    Might be a bit too optimistic there, but there's enough stuff that potentially could be released before the end of the decade to make fin/dut and minoxidil obsolete: CB, Bim, and (potentially the big one) topical CRTH2 antagonists in terms of products you may be able to buy in a regular pharmacy one day. There's the 'big ticket' treatments like Histogen, Aderans etc. Obviously not all of those products will ever pass FDA trails. But at least some will, eventually!

Really, it still puzzles me that people refer to fin/dut and minox as lifetime commitments. Even if none of the future products and procedures I have mentioned never reach the legit market, something else will one day. It's too big a potential market to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Might be a bit too optimistic there, but there's enough stuff that potentially could be released before the end of the decade to make fin/dut and minoxidil obsolete: CB, Bim, and (potentially the big one) topical CRTH2 antagonists in terms of products you may be able to buy in a regular pharmacy one day. There's the 'big ticket' treatments like Histogen, Aderans etc. Obviously not all of those products will ever pass FDA trails. But at least some will, eventually!

Really, it still puzzles me that people refer to fin/dut and minox as lifetime commitments. Even if none of the future products and procedures I have mentioned never reach the legit market, something else will one day. It's too big a potential market to ignore.
    CB will make fin obsolete. I honestly think minoxidle is already obsolete but any type of approved growth stimulant/factor would make it so, CRTH2 antagonists will just modulate immune response and hopefully create an environment in which hair can thrive and regrow. People are already injecting themselves with growth factors, getting there hands on things like OC, using anti androgen's like RU etc,. I think we will know VERY soon how well all of these work together, but safety is still an issue of course.

So based on the comments on this thread, minoxidil (which is fda approved for hair growth) doesn't work ?

Just because it hasn't worked for you doesn't mean it didn't work for other people. I myself have experienced significant hair grow/thickening which made a huge cosmetic difference for me.

Inactive

Enlightening. Please keep us updated on your trials that disprove the plentiful studies proving the effectiveness of The Big 3.

I trust my own eyes and experience. I have to 'comb over' my hair in a strategic side parting to make it look like a full head if hair. NEVER had to do that before fin.