+ Reply to Thread

Default Are there MODS on this board ?

I was reading the " Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life " forum and I 'm surprsied that certain member(s) haven't been banned yet ?

The language used is just unacceptable

There is an acceptance that a certain amount of vulgarity is inherent in the coping process, so it seems that moderation of that particular board is lax to say the least.

Though if I had to guess, you're probably talking about a specific post/poster; and if you asked me, I'd say the person on the receiving end of the vulgarity has been askin' for it for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    I was reading the " Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life " forum and I 'm surprsied that certain member(s) haven't been banned yet ?

The language used is just unacceptable
    Yeah I was on the receiving of some just coming here for the first time and introducing myself but the threads detailing the poster in question and his attacks were just removed leaving my own behind once I reported them.

I have reported posts that were blatantly racist, sexist, homophobic, and posts that attacked other posters with profanity. When I go back days later to check, the same posts are still there.
    Why do moderators allow something like racism on a forum that is supposed to welcome all hair loss sufferers who are looking for help? If you do not want to ban people, why not at least edit their posts?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I have reported posts that were blatantly racist, sexist, homophobic, and posts that attacked other posters with profanity. When I go back days later to check, the same posts are still there.
    Why do moderators allow something like racism on a forum that is supposed to welcome all hair loss sufferers who are looking for help? If you do not want to ban people, why not at least edit their posts?
    Some assumptions here on my part but this board is not that active as many I have seen and that might in combination with moderators having jobs in real life as well as other obligations the board might not have the immediate disciplinary actions that might be expected by the majority here.

It took me about a month just to get on the board to join up and that was after putting in two requests with the second being well within the first half of the following month after that... and that is what told me the mods/ admin was not actively checking this board with greater frequency...

You could be right, but routinely I see posts edited if they are related to Gho, I suppose because Gho and TBT have reached some kind of agreement. If they can edit a post for pointing out that HST looks bad (maybe that is not the reason, I am not sure since I don't get to see the original posts), can they not also edit a post saying people with dark skin are 'pollution"? I don't understand the priorities at all

Arrow

While BTT is extremely tolerant of our user's opinions, we do not tolerate blatant racism and have removed or edited many posts of this nature. If you find any racist, homophobic, anti-semitic or blatantly misogynistic posts on this forum, please forward them to me and they will be reviewed.

Also, for the record, we have never removed a post questioning the validity or outcome of Dr. Gho's procedure, however BTT intends to fully comply with Dr. Gho's request to discourage and moderate inappropriate, inaccurate, disparaging, intentionally argumentative and defamatory commentary concerning his colleagues, and other available hair restoration techniques (FUE/FUT) in relation to HST or Dr. Coen Gho himself.

Also, in direct response to Dr. Gho's request, all baseless and false accusations or disruptive posts on both HST related threads and non Gho/HST threads will no longer be hosted on baldtruthtalk.com

I'm sure you can agree that this is a good policy.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    You could be right, but routinely I see posts edited if they are related to Gho, I suppose because Gho and TBT have reached some kind of agreement. If they can edit a post for pointing out that HST looks bad (maybe that is not the reason, I am not sure since I don't get to see the original posts), can they not also edit a post saying people with dark skin are 'pollution"? I don't understand the priorities at all

hmm.. I can't argue with that at all.. you are correct there. The priorities seem skewed to me with that example you have posed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    While BTT is extremely tolerant of our user's opinions, we do not tolerate blatant racism and have removed or edited many posts of this nature. If you find any racist, homophobic, anti-semitic or blatantly misogynistic posts on this forum, please forward them to me and they will be reviewed.

Also, for the record, we have never removed a post questioning the validity or outcome of Dr. Gho's procedure, however BTT intends to fully comply with Dr. Gho's request to discourage and moderate inappropriate, inaccurate, disparaging, intentionally argumentative and defamatory commentary concerning his colleagues, and other available hair restoration techniques (FUE/FUT) in relation to HST or Dr. Coen Gho himself.

Also, in direct response to Dr. Gho's request, all baseless and false accusations or disruptive posts on both HST related threads and non Gho/HST threads will no longer be hosted on baldtruthtalk.com

I'm sure you can agree that this is a good policy.
    Thank you for replying. I would not have raised my concerns if I didnt value the forum here.
    I will continue reporting abusive/prejudice posts and I encourage the rest of you to do the same thing.