+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Hey 35YrsAfter, that was a very interesting post. You're right that some guys today can pull off the shaved head look and that is the main thing that is holding me back from hair surgery. In a few years, my priorities could change and I could realize that I could pull off the shaved head look well and forget all about Propecia (which is causing me side effects). I would never be able to do this if I had an HT, since then I'd always be prisoner to that permanent linear scar on the back of my head.

I'm actually a big fan of the UFC and a bunch of those guys have shaved heads; Matt "Terror" Serra, Randy Couture, Keith Jardine, GSP (although it's more of buzz cut), BJ Penn, Shane Carwin, Joe Rogan (commentator), etc. At my old boxing gym, there were plenty of guys with shaved heads and no one gave a sh*t.

But then again, I'm also part of the rock n roll scene and having a full head of hair in that environment is extremely important to me. That's why I'm continuing to take Propecia despite the side effects that I'm experiencing.

Bottom line: until hair transplantation can give a person anything close to a full head of hair, then it's just simply not worth it to me to fork over thousands of dollars, endure permanent head scarring, and be on a medication for life that is causing me side effects.