+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 16 and Worried

Exclamation 16 and Worried

Hello,

My name is Douglas. I come from a long line of handsome, bald men. Balding is an inevitable event. However, I am quickly growing concerned over the speed at which it is apparently taking place. My hairline appears to be receding (I think?) I had never really payed close attention to my hairline before, but, with my hair pulled back it does seem to certainly resemble a retreat. I will include two photos and wish for the opinion of the community:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	imag2e.jpg

Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	17644   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpg

Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	17645  

Inactive

Definitely receding. I'd look into minoxidil (use twice per day) and nizoral (use 2 to 3 times per week) immediately. I don't recommend finasteride for someone your age since you're still developing. If you maintain well on topicals, you could start fin when you turn 18 or so.

Yes. You're nearly a NW2 (at least to my eyes). Ames is right--too young for Propecia. Start with minoxidil and Nizoral. At your young age, your options are pretty limited. But start NOW to hold on to as much as possible for as long as possible. You won't be a good HT candidate until you're at least 25 (and I think it's dumb to do it that early). But on the bright side, there will almost certainly be much more comprehensive options by that point, if not something that approximates a cure.

Man I had the same problem than you. I started balding at your age I am 21 years right now. I am probably between nw 1 and norwood 2, I have more hair than I had when I was 16. I took propecia, rogaine and avixis at your age... my penis is fine. The problem is that here in the states you are not going to find a doctor who would prescribe it to you. So you have 2 options :

-Use rogaine twice a day and see if it helps stoping the progression

-Try to find help from your parents, maybe your dad can get propecia for you. When you are 16 you probably developed your penis already, if not, it is very unlikely that propecia would affect you.

Use any kind of shampoo I suggest you to use Folicure, it is not going to help you but it is a good shampoo and it makes the hair feel thicker. And once a week use one against body oil (grease).

I went to that bro, I know it is very hard. If you can shave your head is the best option, if you are like me and the bald truth community help yourself and try to get Rogaine and Propecia (If you can)

Hope it helps you bro. Good luck!

mate, your def too young for propecia,

must be some underlying thing. minox will be ok for you to use. also its maybe aswell because you have a high forehead that some receding is easily noticable. anyway at least your catching it early.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    If you are losing your hair at 16 there is something seriously wrong. It's just not normal at all.
    not necessarily. it's unusual definitely but can occur that early.

but it's rare like a golden eagle.

It's like girls reaching puberty earlier. Even if these girls don't have any "illnesses" there is still something wrong. That thing could be something like illegal hormones being injected into livestock, and so on.

It's a sign of the times is what I'm really saying. I'm becoming more and more convinced that diet plays a critical role in hair loss. Not saying it will stop it, but it seems like there are more and more young men going bald, FAST. Whereas in the generation of my grandparents I honestly haven't found anyone under thirty who was already NW5-7. Let alone NW2 at age 16(!!).

Then factor in that when Japan only slightly westernised their diet they saw an increase in the rate of MPB.

Odd.

Not saying it will stop it, but it seems like there are more and more young men going bald, FAST. Whereas in the generation of my grandparents I honestly haven't found anyone under thirty who was already NW5-7. Let alone NW2 at age 16(!!).

Then factor in that when Japan only slightly westernised their diet they saw an increase in the rate of MPB.
    [citation needed]

Inactive

It's like girls reaching puberty earlier. Even if these girls don't have any "illnesses" there is still something wrong. That thing could be something like illegal hormones being injected into livestock, and so on.

It's a sign of the times is what I'm really saying. I'm becoming more and more convinced that diet plays a critical role in hair loss. Not saying it will stop it, but it seems like there are more and more young men going bald, FAST. Whereas in the generation of my grandparents I honestly haven't found anyone under thirty who was already NW5-7. Let alone NW2 at age 16(!!).

Odd.
    I've read several theories on the whole "Western Diet" thing. Most cite Japan and Africa as examples. Some theories point to excess fat found in Western Diets. I suppose this could make sense as fats are needed in hormone production, as I'm sure you know. So essentially, all of these Japanese and Africans are running around with low test and therefore low DHT due to their high carb/low fat diets. This could be compounded by the fact that Asians have lower test than most races IIRC, and a pretty good portion of Africans are dealing with starvation or near-starvation conditions.

Thumbs up

Okay. Feed africans, use rogaine, eat chinese food, avoid cattle steroids. Very well.