X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khan
    • Aug 2011

Bald men study

Bald men have more dominant image, study finds

No need to panic if you are losing your hair. Men with shaven heads are perceived as being more masculine, says an academic

This study from UPenn is changing my opinion about shaving.

For the past few months I have been searching what people think about shaved heads. I am beginning to think that outside of hairloss websites, it isn't considered that big a deal. I feel like shaving, quitting all these chemical and moving on in life.

Maybe me and others on this website, won't look as bad as we might think in our heads.
    • Jan 2012

Comment

• Tiger norwood's
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by 2020
      rotfl ilmo lol etc. :-)

Comment

• khan
        • Aug 2011

^He is fat and bald, wouldn't look a whole lot better even with hair.

Comment

• konfusion
          • May 2012

Originally posted by khan
          ^He is fat and bald, wouldn't look a whole lot better even with hair.
          well, now he looks lot better

Click image for larger version

Name:	George_Costanza1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	434746

Comment

• Tiger norwood's
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by konfusion
            well, now he looks lot better

[ATTACH]17649[/ATTACH]
            lol this forum has crazy humor, i get my daily laugh when i am in here ;-)

Comment

• Davey Jones
              • Apr 2012

I am beginning to think that outside of hairloss websites, it isn't considered that big a deal.
              Truest thing I've read in a while.

I feel like shaving, quitting all these chemical and moving on in life.
              Dude, do it. Before the crazies talk you out of it.

Maybe me and others on this website, won't look as bad as we might think in our heads.
              Hate to brag, but I look pretty good shaved. And the only part of that that isn't true is the part about hating to brag.

I'm guessing most everyone here would look at least twice as good as they think they would.

Comment

• Jan 2012

You're bald! No, I'm not. I was bald!

Comment

• khan
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Davey Jones

Dude, do it. Before the crazies talk you out of it.

Yea, I think you might be right. My head is pretty decent shaped, and I have always look younger and better with shorter hair, and I am in good shape too. I really feel like moving on. And even though Fin hasn't given me any side I know off, its still so scary. That way I will have some peice of mind, and can just move on, and think about other thing in life than just hairloss.

I have cut the down the dose to 5 times a week and thinking of slowly getting off it completely in the next couple of months. But still not 100 percent sure.

This study is really getting to me. I have been searching some non-hairloss related forums, and talking to some people about it. I think we make it a bigger deal on hairloss forums. Yea it sucks to go bald, but it doesn't make you go from being gorgeous to ugly. As long as I keep hitting the gym, I think I should be ok, and perhaps grow a french beard.

Comment

• Davey Jones
                    • Apr 2012

I really feel like moving on.
                    It's a big decision. Think on it. If it means anything to you: it sounds melodramatic, but very few things have improved my life more than just shaving my head and giving it a chance.

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

lol I thought the same thing.

Comment

• khan
                        • Aug 2011

It's a big decision. Think on it. If it means anything to you: it sounds melodramatic, but very few things have improved my life more than just shaving my head and giving it a chance.
                        Its not melodramatic man. I am happy you feel this good after shaving.

Perhaps its a big decision. But suppose there is a 1% chance that something bad might happen from long term use of Fin. I think I don't want to take that 1% chance. Its simply slowed my hairloss. If it had given be hair like I had when I was 15yrs old, then yea it would have been worth it.

Spending too much time here I started to feel like baldness and the clean shaven look was a universally hated think. Its definitely not. Some will like the look, some won't, and some will be indifferent. If someone's in good shape and hit the weights regularly, I think they should look ok.

Comment

Working...