+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Loss has destroyed my Career, social life, and happiness.

I send you all my sincere apologies before I begin my depression filled sad words:

Hair loss at such a young age as mine where I am a full blown Norwood 6 is a huge punishment for me.

Hair loss has destroyed my career. I do not feel that I can just happily work without worrying about my lack of hair.

I have relationship problems with both parents, and just fight with them all the time, because they say "Hair is no big deal", "Just move on", "Stop worrying about silly things".

I was in-love with this woman, and it destroyed everything we could have had. I am deeply depressed it never worked out with her.

I am just overall, sad and unhappy.

---------------

I am not a candidate for surgery as my donor is diffuse and even that thins and sheds.

Sometimes, I feel like just crying, and letting my tears flow.

--------------------------------------------
    I hope and wish that no human being will ever have to have the pain of hair loss.

I feel terribly for you bro, as I often feel the same way you do. People who do not experience hair loss for themselves will never understand how hair loss devastates a person emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I wish scientists, doctors, or whomever would read posts like these and develop more effective treatments to deal with this devastating "disease of the spirit".

I'm not a huge fan of hair systems but when I read stories like yours it makes me think that getting a hair system might be the way to go. Sure, you would be ridiculed for a few weeks after getting it but then people would just let it go and accept it. You'll feel so much better about yourself when you look in the mirror.

It beats being sad and depressed the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of hair systems but when I read stories like yours it makes me think that getting a hair system might be the way to go. Sure, you would be ridiculed for a few weeks after getting it but then people would just let it go and accept it. You'll feel so much better about yourself when you look in the mirror.

It beats being sad and depressed the rest of your life.
    I wholeheartedly agree, I don't like reading posts when the person feels there are no options, when in fact their are, and some look good...!

Hairloss is not beig deal for people who dont suffer from it, same as aids , unless you are affected you ll never know what its like

I agree with the above post ... If hair IS such a big deal to you, as it is for all of us here ...but you CANT accept yourself without it, just get a hair piace man. Problem solved. Nowadays they make them so well that no one could ever tell it's a hair system. Some you can even leave in for weeks, without taking it off, including when you shower.

Option number two, which can and should be considered regardless if option one is chosen or not, is .... put yourself in the position of a woman, who's suffering from hair loss. That alone would 100x worse, since MPB is far more common and more widely accepted than being a bald female (in which case most women wear a wig - for this very reason) - this should give you some ease when you think about women in general ... they are not perfect like you/ we think of them. Most can't even leave their house without putting make up on ... IMAGINE DOING THAT EVERY MORNING.

Option three (should be considered regardless of the two above) - Put yourself in the shoes of a ..... cancer person, physically disabled person, paraplegic, midget, mentally disabled, aids patient (like the above poster said) .... And try to think what that would feel like. And just like you said, and the above poster, you will never really understand the degree of suffering ... but you'd have to incredibly selfish to think it even compares to what you're going through. Any of those people would trade ANYTHING in their life to be in your shoes... WITHOUT HAIR.

Now, pucker up.... be thankful for the things you have, forget about the girl that things didn't work out with, and sort your life!!!

It's not your hairs fault, its yours!

It's ****ed up all of us here have to deal with this shit, but as I mentioned, it could be worse. People in general have to at some point overcome obstacles in their life. Some different than the others.

Now lets get over this bitch

Wise advice poster above but one thing

Wig would make him even more incesure, imagine telling girl that you wearing piece
    She would freak out

its better to shave it and get fit,

Oh come on man- shave, tan , grow facial hair and hit the gym. Bald+ facial hair almost always looks decent!

I'm sorry to read your post. If you have tried all of the available options and surgery is not possible for you, then you may have to take it on the chin and develop other aspects of your physical being and personality. Having good physique for example can be extremely attractive. A guy boarded my train last night with such a stacked upper body; particularly impressive shoulders, that he stood out so much. His head was shaved.

The words of the Serenity Prayer come to mind:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,
    And the wisdom to know the difference.