+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Why doesn't Spencer interact with us more?

I mean I never see him post on here. He could ask us what we would like to hear from his show, what topics to cover, who would be good/useful to interview, lists of questions to ask guests etc.

There is no communication between him and the listeners other than live of course. Instead most of the time all we get is that Joe guy on the air every week, talking about how unhappy he is with hair loss...

Don't get me wrong I think the show is a good idea and is helpful, but it could be made a lot better, perhaps with the inclusion of the forum members, no?

Spencer?

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I mean I never see him post on here. He could ask us what we would like to hear from his show, what topics to cover, who would be good/useful to interview, lists of questions to ask guests etc.

There is no communication between him and the listeners other than live of course. Instead most of the time all we get is that Joe guy on the air every week, talking about how unhappy he is with hair loss...

Don't get me wrong I think the show is a good idea and is helpful, but it could be made a lot better, perhaps with the inclusion of the forum members, no?

Spencer?
    I don't think the show is meant to only cater to people on the forum. It's more for the mainstream listener and viewer not just the hair junkies. A lot people listen to his show every week and I bet only a very small percentage actually use this forum. I listened for years before this forum even existed.

Joe is a staple of the show and I love listening to the guy. He's nuts for sure, but like Spencer always says. there's a little of Joe in all of us and I think Spencer is pretty brilliant to allow Joe to have his place on the show. In my case it helps to put my life and struggles into perspective and makes me realize that things aren't that bad for me, I can alway be Joe who is like the worst case scenario. I think Kobren wants us to see this so that we can feel better about ourselves and move on with our lives. At least that the way I see it.

I'm sure Spencer reads the forum and knows what people are interested in, but even so I would love to see Spencer be more active on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I don't think the show is meant to only cater to people on the forum. It's more for the mainstream listener and viewer not just the hair junkies. A lot people listen to his show every week and I bet only a very small percentage actually use this forum. I listened for years before this forum even existed.

Joe is a staple of the show and I love listening to the guy. He's nuts for sure, but like Spencer always says. there's a little of Joe in all of us and I think Spencer is pretty brilliant to allow Joe to have his place on the show. In my case it helps to put my life and struggles into perspective and makes me realize that things aren't that bad for me, I can alway be Joe who is like the worst case scenario. I think Kobren wants us to see this so that we can feel better about ourselves and move on with our lives. At least that the way I see it.

I'm sure Spencer reads the forum and knows what people are interested in, but even so I would love to see Spencer be more active on the forum.
    Yeah, fair enough. Some good points there, guess I did not think how popular the show is outside of the forums. And yeah it would be nice to see him on here more often, it would be nice of he could have members of HST, Aderans etc on his show.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Why doesn't Spencer interact with us more?
    In all honesty, I don't blame him for not interacting in the forum much more than he does. Some of the members here are just brutal - on the level of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    In all honesty, I don't blame him for not interacting in the forum much more than he does. Some of the members here are just brutal - on the level of insanity.
    I'd have to agree with Tracy C. There are a few really horrible people on this forum and I doubt Spencer wants to deal with them. Can you imagine what some of these assess would do if they knew Spencer was participating on a regular basis here? They wouldn't leave him alone. The crazy Gho people would be all over him trying to bait him and then you have Highlander, StevieR and some other nuts, oh boy! I actually think it's smart that he's not a part of it I would personally like to be able to communicate with him more, but when you really think about it, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Its not that bad jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Its not that bad jeez.
    Yes it is. Take some time to read the women's hair loss forums. You guys are downright cruel to each other. Some of you don't even know what it means to be civil.

What an overstatement - ive been using this forum for years & it really isnt that bad - dont expect a male dominated arena to ever lack aggression competition & swearing lol.

I like it to be honest - because these days everything is feminised/sanitised & artificial -

"Because you're worth it".

When I first started listening to Spencer Kobren's show in 1998, it was only on the radio. He actually would take calls after his show to help people out and that's how I got in touch with him. He's a really amazing person who literally changed my life. I wish he would interact here, but I agree with Tracy and Payday. Some of the people are brutal and downright crazy! Look I started losing my hair very young, but I dealt with it and have a great life, but some of what I read on here is literally insane! I'm just glad he still does the show and started this forum, it's really a gift that I appreciate!

@Zao - one of the things I like about this forum is the fact we dont have a crazed draconian admin waving a ban-hammer at anyone who feels like expressing themselves... an yeah -**** it - this is a hair loss forum and people are pissed off.. you cant expect every conversation to be all tea & biscuits though - people wanna vent their frustrations about hair loss - isnt that what this site is about?