+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Another PGd2 thread...

Thankfully been away from the forums (thankful because I havent missed much!).

Seems PGD2 is not a big talking point anymore. Im still curious...Ive read in a few places that Dr Cots tested on mice which lacked an enzyme that breaks down PGd2. Which enzyme?! Wouldnt that be more effective than blocking the receptor?

well, take a look in the cetirizine thread, it is about pgd2, it is believed it reduces pgd2

Its not a big talking point because people on other forums have tried PGD2 blockers with moderate to zero effectiveness.

Follica once again leading us down a dark alley - the only company that has actually made any real progress has been Histogen - the company everyone used to bash.

Drugs that inhibit PDG2 aint gonna work wonders on their own, but if PDG2 has the effect scientists think it does, then it may create REGROWTH when combined with things like Histogen and/or CB.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Its not a big talking point because people on other forums have tried PGD2 blockers with moderate to zero effectiveness.

Follica once again leading us down a dark alley - the only company that has actually made any real progress has been Histogen - the company everyone used to bash.
    Histogen have been the biggest hope for a while i think, in my opinion. I do feel their stats and photos are a bit misleading. I guess will know more soon.

PGd2 blocking on its own might not do much. Its hard to judge. People using hayfever tablets and receptor blockers isnt really proof that there isnt something to explore with pgd2. The vechicle could prove vital.

All that being said, what are the chances that soon enough theyll discover the pgd2 isnt the final killer blow. Who knows. Catching up with everything hasnt made me positive....

Fingers crossed bald brothers.

Duh ? Most people just received their OC, Barbarea who has been using it for a while showed some regrowth with it.
    A big group order with all the new products just started, just give it a few months before being all "yeah, told ya, another let-down"

I can't speak on any of the solutions available right now but for maximal effect they would need to inhibit pgd2 and increase pge2 + reduce histamine response and inflammation.

It's FAR too early to write off PGD2 blocking. The guys have only topically used ONE CRTH2 blocker of the possible candidates (one that was designed as an oral drug!), don't have an ideal vehicle, don't yet have an exact idea what else to use (to boost PGE2), only have been using it for just over a month... It's too early. In the same timeframe fin, dut and minox would've been written off as well... It's all the play for.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Histogen have been the biggest hope for a while i think, in my opinion. I do feel their stats and photos are a bit misleading. I guess will know more soon.

PGd2 blocking on its own might not do much. Its hard to judge. People using hayfever tablets and receptor blockers isnt really proof that there isnt something to explore with pgd2. The vechicle could prove vital.

All that being said, what are the chances that soon enough theyll discover the pgd2 isnt the final killer blow. Who knows. Catching up with everything hasnt made me positive....

Fingers crossed bald brothers.
    So you're saying BOTH of the clinical trials (pilot study and second trial) results were misleading? Maybe you could have said that at the first pilot study but not now - pictures are always going to disappoint those morons who want to see a NW7 turned into a NW1 after 2 treatments in a 12 month clinical trial.

We'll wait and see about PGD2 but I cant see it being any more miraculous than the laboriously mediocre results some people have been experiencing on other boards.

So you're saying BOTH of the clinical trials (pilot study and second trial) results were misleading? Maybe you could have said that at the first pilot study but not now - pictures are always going to disappoint those morons who want to see a NW7 turned into a NW1 after 2 treatments in a 12 month clinical trial.

We'll wait and see about PGD2 but I cant see it being any more miraculous than the laboriously mediocre results some people have been experiencing on other boards.
    Histogen figured out that increasing the dose increased the effectiveness...........................lol....... ...............