+ Reply to Thread

Default I have noticed the following.. prep time

Before each application of Minoxidil do you prep your scalp and affected areas with rubbing alcohol and cotton balls or perhaps apple cider with cotton swabs ? The reason I say this is because I am quite convinced when I move the dabbed cotton ball with alcohol or the latter over the thinning and balding areas I remove dirt and oil that shows up as brown and black smudges on the cotton balls. I throw it out and then I repeat the process again. Then I apply a warm washcloth to the scalp after wringing it out to let the warm moist rag penetrate and then I place the Minoxidil on my scalp and I notice a profound difference of hair growth over the months as a result. I am wondering if anyone else is doing the same ?

well I never did that when I was using minox but I always washed my hair so all the unwanted elements are gone and dry a little bit with blow dryer (everybody says don't apply it on wet hair). result after 7 months is 30% less hair in the application area (hairline - temples). but I only used it once daily and maybe I used too much on each application because my bottle would be empty after 23-25 days even though I used it one time a day and only on a limited region. btw that hair I lost doesn't seems to come back even though I quit minox about 6-7 n-months ago, I am definitely worse than this time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by konfusion View Post
    well I never did that when I was using minox but I always washed my hair so all the unwanted elements are gone and dry a little bit with blow dryer (everybody says don't apply it on wet hair). result after 7 months is 30% less hair in the application area (hairline - temples). but I only used it once daily and maybe I used too much on each application because my bottle would be empty after 23-25 days even though I used it one time a day and only on a limited region. btw that hair I lost doesn't seems to come back even though I quit minox about 6-7 n-months ago, I am definitely worse than this time last year.
    By what I mentioned you dry your scalp after the cleanse.. but the oil, dirt, and sebum that block penetration of the minoxidil and limit its absorption is removed so over time a better result should be seen.
    Quitting Minoxidil the hairs your gained by the minoxidil or that thrived off of it will shed and it some cases not return or perhaps not return right away.