Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default Highlander is right

    Nothing wrong with balding as long as it suits you, where with some men it does. Strathem, vin diesel.

    However Highlander has a point, it knocks points of your looks if it doesn't suit you. It messes up facial symmetry, as the hair frames the top of your face, with the jaw framing the bottom with the nose being your 'mid centre'. Beauty is about symmetry,and often these changes are subtle.

    I recently had a jaw operation, my nose and jaw has changed, with the changes being 3-4 mm MAX. But god, eveything looks symmetrical and better. 2 points up looks wise (With the right hairstyle).

    And I think the hardest thing for A LOT of guys losing their is knowing they can look better, but are powerless to change it.

    Although Highlander has some views which I don't agree with, in regards to race, I feel people telling him that its all in his head should hold back. He is at the early stages of hairloss, and that is probably the worse because you just want to stabalise it whilst you can.

    I also think ANY HT, or scientist reading this thread should get this sorted out ASAP. I can frankly say, now that I look slightly better due to my recent op, I no longer worry about hiding my jawline which I did by growing a beard. Such a weight off my shoulders. I can now be more relaxed when I socialize. (sounds familiar hairloss sufferers?)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Hi yeahyeahyeah, can we see some before and after shots of your surgery?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Hi yeahyeahyeah, can we see some before and after shots of your surgery?
    Dont really want to shed my identity here. But here are some good pictures:








    Their profile has changed big time.

    Im also sure each their confidence and self esteem has improved because they look better.

    Often the changes are a few millimetres here and there, but the most important thing is facial symmetry.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Highlander is literally retarded.

    But sometimes right.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Indeed, not everyone has a face that would look good without hair framing it. Furthermore, I think rocking the shaved-head look REQUIRES you to be low bf%/muscular. Fat bald guys look like slobs and skinny bald guys look like cancer patients. And let's be honest, most men are unwilling or unable to put in the work to fully dedicate themselves to the look a la Statham, The Rock, etc.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Not even gonna front, every single one of the people in those pictures looked 1000x better post op. I do, however, think a lot of those were pretty extreme cases. But yeah, those girls went from I wouldn't even notice to couple drinks away from temporary love.

    My face is actually rather asymmetrical. I think I slept on one side (left side) my entire life and it is somewhat flatter and "shorter" (if you are to look from the side, the width of the head). I noticed probably a year ago and started purposely sleeping on the other side, which felt extremely uncomfortable, because I was so used to sleeping on my left side. Again, the differences are very minimal, no one has ever said anything, I think we all notice little things like that.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Not even gonna front, every single one of the people in those pictures looked 1000x better post op. I do, however, think a lot of those were pretty extreme cases. But yeah, those girls went from I wouldn't even notice to couple drinks away from temporary love.
    And herein lies the problem.

    Would you give them the chance, if they never had that problem?

    Clearly not. And this is what us hairloss sufferers have to contend with.

    By the way, I was an extreme case. And it was a total kick in the balls when my hairline went back.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    My face is actually rather asymmetrical. I think I slept on one side (left side) my entire life and it is somewhat flatter and "shorter" (if you are to look from the side, the width of the head). I noticed probably a year ago and started purposely sleeping on the other side, which felt extremely uncomfortable, because I was so used to sleeping on my left side. Again, the differences are very minimal, no one has ever said anything, I think we all notice little things like that.

    Best if you don't either tbh. Cos most people are not very empathetic at all if they can sense your insecurities.

  9. #9
    Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    222

    Default

    I might need cosmetic surgery too in the future

    just need to figure out what's wrong first

    all I know something aint right with this face, so imperfect

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    I might need cosmetic surgery too in the future

    just need to figure out what's wrong first

    all I know something aint right with this face, so imperfect
    Dont over do it mate.

    Remember cosmetic surgery is just there to improve your existing features, rather then completely change the way you look.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

RU- would anyone recommend
09-17-2016 05:03 PM
Last Post By Topgun322
Today 01:14 PM
ruxolitinib
09-22-2016 11:37 AM
by ducu72
Last Post By BoSox
Today 01:02 PM
Where to go UK?
Today 12:54 PM
Last Post By LouisYogi
Today 12:54 PM
I am balding already, 17 year old ?
Today 12:41 PM
by superg
Last Post By superg
Today 12:41 PM
Depression after 13 months
08-27-2016 04:18 AM
by Sam23
Last Post By Smallville
Today 12:12 PM