+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Botched hairline design/ unhappy with BHR

I had approx. 2200 FUE grafts transplanted by Dr. Bisanga in Brussels in June of 2012. I am currently five months post-op and feel that the doctor has botched the design of my hairline. For a number of reasons the design looks wonky and unnatural. In addition, I have form of ridging in the front of my hairline known as “tenting” whereby each of the grafts are growing out of little bumps. Below is a list of my problems.

1/. Frontal hairline – The very front of my hairline has hairs growing in a variety of strange directions. There’s some grafts growing to the left some to the right and others that are even upside down. Even the hairs that are growing in the correct direction haven’t been placed at a sharp enough angle and sit higher than the native hair in behind.

2/. Cowlick – On the right side of my hairline I have cowlick. Bisanga failed to follow the natural direction of my cowlick and created a wonky unnatural design that interferes with the growth of my native hair. In addition he used a number of large three and four hair grafts in the area making the area look pluggy and stocky.

3/. Left side hairline – The left side of my hairline angled back and gradually fell flush with my forehead. Bisanga’s design has my hair angling up and back into my hairline. This forms a fat wedge of hair and looks unnatural and wonky. Here too the growth of the transplanted hair runs into my native hair and I am forced to clip the transplanted grafts almost daily.

4/. Pluggy hairline – Almost half the grafts transplanted into my hairline and temples were three and four hair grafts. This makes the design look stocky and pluggy as the grafts stick out and look like the end of a nail polish brush.

5/. Tenting – In the front of my hairline I have a form of ridging known as tenting. From my research and speaking to other clinics I believe this is because too much tissue was left round the grafts. As a result the grafts are pushing up on my skin form these ugly bumps.

I thought I had picked a great clinic where elementary issues such as this wouldn’t occur. I am depressed and upset that a supposed esteemed clinic could have botched my hairline this badly !!! I now consider myself a repair patient and would like advice/input on where to go from here.

Here are my photo's. Any feedback by the community would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0519.jpg

Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	17594   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0522.jpg

Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	17595   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0523.jpg

Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	17596   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0517.jpg

Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	17597  

5 months post op is still early. Don't you suffer shock loss after 1-2months therefore you are only at 3-4 months post op?

The hair does look to be going in different direction but surely you can use styling gel or hair cement to get a strong hold in whatever direction you like?

It doesn't look that bad at all btw.

A hair transplant can be quiet an emotional rollercoaster , especially the post procedure time known commonly as the `doldrums ` phase .

Looking at your pictures I cant see any ` tenting` or ` ridging ` or any 3 or 4 hair grafts within your hairline , perhaps you could post some more photographs clearly showing this as the photographs look a little dark .

five months out is way to early to pass judgement on either the procedure or the Dr , the hair hasnt matured or settled down yet , i think your photographs look good and i certainly wouldnt consider you to be a repair patient , at the 12 months timeframe i would reassess the situation and go from there

all the best

ejj

Looks exactly as it should do for 5 months post op, hair directions won't be right at this early stage, they weren't with me, but they start growing in the right direction as they mature.

Post some clear pictures though because the oners that you have posted are not great.

Bit of an insult to real repair patients to declare yourself as such.

I think it looks good. I don't know much about HT, to be honest. But, it really does look good. Regards.

Yeah from the pictures you have posted, it looks great for 5 months, the direction around the cowlick looks spot on, looks like your on for a great result, you should be happy.

Hi Guys,

Thank you everyone for taking the time to look at my post and provide me with your feedback.

EJJ – My photo’s are weak as I have a poor camera. So it is difficult to see what I am complaining about. The other thing is the photo’s posted on the website can only be blown up so much so you can’t really zoom in to see the problems.

I know Bisanga has helped both you and Sparky and that makes my story a tuff pill to swallow but believe me what I am complaining about is for real. The entire design of my hairline has been royally botched by this doctor….. I have a very complex hairline, which made my hairline particularly difficult to transplant. Now hindsight I can tell you I hired the wrong doc to do the work. I’m making plans to fly to Minnesota to have an in person consult with Ron Shapiro at SMG. Shapiro’s the hairline master and the doctor I should have been went to in the first place. I will have SMG take photo's and use a scalp cam to pics of the tenting I have in my hairline. I will of course also share that with the community.

At the stage you're at it's normal for the transplanted hair to not look quite right in comparison to the native hair around it. Remember that one of the final ways in which an HT result improves is for the hair to relax, and this can occur even after the 12 month mark.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Why would it be a bitter pill for me to swallow? Just because you aren't happy at this very very early stage, doesn't mean that every BHR patient isn't happy.

Would be a good idea for you to post some good clear pictures of your hairline, because what you have posted so far looks spot on, hair directions won't be right at this stage, it's too early to judge anything, really this is a conversation that should be happening at 12 months post op, even after 12 months post op there is still things changing, you have a long way to go.

How has your donor area healed up?