+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

No need to keep off this thread. Your more than in titled to come on here and share your clinics point of view. You have my full permission to share any of my photo's or communication we have shared.

I can confirm that SL has done an excellent job following up with me and has done his best to address my concerns. Hat's off to Stephen because he has been the best part of my HT experience.

With that said I do have a bone to pic with your posting here. Its with regards to the design of my hairline. So let me clear the air on the subject.

Firstly there was actually two hairline consults. I booked one for the day before my surgery so me and the doc could go over the game plan for my hairline - remember i'm nervous about this cause my hairline is ultra complex. Plus I wanted to know the game plan the night before so that I would have some time to think things through and make adjustments.

In a nut shell here is what happens the first day. Your doc gives me the marker and says you draw it and i'll help you.... I'm sitting there going how the F do u expect me to draw it!!.... Then he says "that way if it goes wrong you can't blame me" Now i can accept he was joking but is this really the best way to conduct a consult ??? Then I think we made one attempt or got maybe half way through drawing it and he says don't worry about it we'll draw it out tomorrow.....I'm like huh that's it? I was expecting a thorough in-depth consult like one's I hear about from Dr. Ferduni's patients where there goals are discussed, the doc shows results of patients with similar hairlines to set expectations and spends an hour or two with the patient making sure all his concerns and questions are answered. My experience wasn't even close to that.

Round two - Second day he draws a line around the area to be filled in. Based on photo's I have with me we make multiple adjustments to where the final area should be. The subject of angle and direction is not brought up by either us. In hindsight its a conversation that should have happened....

One more thing that should be noted. Its misleading to state i was responsible for the design of my hairline. The only thing that a patient can do is agree with the doctor on the area that will be filled in. Angle, direction, density and the selection of grafts is all in the surgeons hands. These elements are ultimately what makes or breaks the design of a transplanted hairline and constitutes the "design of the hairline"

Quote Originally Posted by SL View Post
    Dear All

I've tried to keep off this thread as much as possible but we do have a right to speak as we are being mentioned and the points I wish to raise I have raised with druginducedhairloss and he has no objection to me raising them here.

The hair line design per se was done by the patient and took a very long time to do before surgery, much longer than normal but the doctor was patient and allowed and indeed made note that the hair line was designed by the patient himself.

We gave high resolution photos post operatively that clearly showed direction and hair groupings and I've suggested these are posted here. This will show if 50 percent of the hair line is made up of 3 or 4 haired grafts as stated by the patient. They are good quality and clearly show angles and make up.

I have had constant communication with the patient and at all stages of his concerns to initial donor healing, hair groupings placed, angles etc and how a transplant develops and indeed the comments here are similar to what I have tried to communicate since day 1 to the patient.

The patient made it clear at month 3/4 that he wishes for a "full refund" on this surgery and has stated this via email before opening this thread, and a point I feel should have been communicated openly by the patient and voiced this also.

We have agreed to see the patient at 12 months to assess as is reasonable and the patient agreed to that action plan prior to opening this thread. If there were to be a problem for whatever reason then we made it clear it would be addressed.

We are and have always sought to give excellent customer service which indeed is backed up my my email list and record of phone calls etc and by the patient himself.

The patient's motive in opening this thread was for advice, so I hope is able to listen to the advice given here.

All patients deserve good results and good customer service and we are happy to keep in communication as we always have and help where possible.

Doctor Representative
    UK available to meet London and south east.

Thank you for the update and comments.

Of course there is more to a hair line than the pen design, but most would associate the pen design as "design" for example you hear patients say, "I was happy with the design" and this is before even a graft has been placed, so it is a play on semantics and depends on who the audience are as to the meaning of the word, so for most it may mean initial design and for others a fuller definition. In my experience of probably many thousands of emails the patient usually is referring to the "pen design" as the design, so apologies if you felt I was not being transparent on this issue, I was speaking from terminology that is used daily with emails to patients. Of course there are deeper levels if one wishes to analyse further.

We are not at any stage saying you placed the grafts and dictated what went there. These issues are dealt with and explained in emails prior to booking. We don't usually sit in a consultation to spend hours on subjects that the patient is made familiar with via phone calls and emails and this is the importance of clear communication before any surgery is booked.

Glad to hear the donor healed well and that there appears to be a high percentage of growth so far.

Angles change, the graft below the skin doesn't as such but as hair initially grows it can be more curly, wirey, coarser, darker than normal etc in initial stages and then take time to normalise and go through cycles and generally relax in time as all is incorporated.

Most patients have this to some degree, self included, but it wasn't a massive block for me. For my first surgery I just let nature take its course and let the hair grow or it can as Spex said be counter productive.

We look forward to updates and of course I will keep in touch via email and we will see you as promised around the 12 month mark.
    Representative for IAHRS Member, Dr. Chris Bisanga
    View Dr. Bisanga's IAHRS Profile

I have booked my in person consult with Ron Shapiro at SMG in Minnesota. They've agreed to document the crap out of my garbage result with photo, video and a scalp cam to catch my tenting.

This will put to rest the argument of me not having a bonafide complaint.

Look forward to sharing it with the community and getting everyones feedback.

At this point what is most important in my opinion is that you are freely allowed to express your views. Hope everything works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    At this point what is most important in my opinion is that you are freely allowed to express your views. Hope everything works out for you.

In this respect I have to agree with you. Stephen has done a super job supporting me. At four months I concluded that doctor had botched the design of my hairline. When I said I wanted my money back here too the clinic was empathetic and provided a very fair resolution. Never once have they tried to censor me or control what i had to say about my result on this forum or anywhere else. From an ethical stand point I will say I do hold BHR in high regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    They must be more than highly ethical. Frankly, you're a total nut bag. You for whatever reason designed your own ****ed up hairline, then complain months later wanting your money back - saying the graft placement is all messed up when it's impossible to properly tell.
    HEY JACKASS!!! LISTEN UP!!! Before you hop on someones thread and insult them you may want to make sure that you have you have a good grasp of the facts.

"You for whatever reason designed your own ****ed up hairline" - Really ? What do you think happened here you ****ing ding dong. Do you think I took the needle out of the doctors hand and created the slits to design my own hairline?...... Oh i know what happened. Your so ****ing stupid you actually believe that ring the doctor draws around the area he's gonna fill is the design of the hairline. So let me educate you a little. Its not, there's much more to it than that and clinic says that its self in this thread.....

Now do me a giant favour and **** off into cyberspace and get off my thread you clown.

Default Dr Shapiro

Did you ever get anything done with Dr. Shapiro. I would like to hear your update.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by druginducedhairloss View Post
    I have booked my in person consult with Ron Shapiro at SMG in Minnesota. They've agreed to document the crap out of my garbage result with photo, video and a scalp cam to catch my tenting.

This will put to rest the argument of me not having a bonafide complaint.

Look forward to sharing it with the community and getting everyones feedback.
    Yes it would be great to see these photos. When is the consult?