+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

He wanted a full refund at 3-4 months post op? you can't tell how the HT is going to turn out at all at this stage, so why was a refund requested so early? sounds very strange.

druginducedhairloss at this point in time what percentage of the grafts do you believe have grown? Out of that percentage of grafts what would be the average length of the hair?

It would appear the patient possibly doesn't understand the timescales involved with the process of HT surgery and the timelines involved even on the average patient :

A potentially very helpful topic for the poster.

Patience!!

Patience is the toughest part of the HT procedure but one of the most important ones.

Trust me i truly know how tough the waiting game is - I have been there many, many times before!! Looking constantly in the mirror, inspecting it every opportunity, driving along staring in the rear view mirror(how i never crashed i don't know) Wondering why at exactly 3/4 months there is still no growth!! Frustrated why the redness hasn't clamed down when forum member X was back to work at 10 days with no worries.

The trick here is to understand that everyone is different in terms of recovery times, growth times, expectations, realisation period etc.

Patience is an essential part of the HT journey and i think it needs more exposure - When embarking down the HT road - "Be Patient!!!"

Just because "Joe Bloggs" had great growth at month 3/4 doesn't necessarily mean you are going to - So being aware of this prior to your HT.
    The growth will come in its own time and you will have your realisation in your own time. - Be patient!! Could be 6 could be 10 months.

It's a fact 3/4 months post HT is the toughest time in the entire process but you are only prolonging the agony by expecting to wake up one day around month 3/4 and see it all taking place. It doesn't happen like this!!! It is soooooooooooo slow and gradual that you actually do not see it happen. You will only see the transformation when you compare your pictures along side each other at monthly intervals. A great example was Ian who i spoke with at month 9 post op and he said "well i haven't really seen much difference since month 4" - I showed him his pictures and well you do the maths.

Be patient - I know its tough, really tough!!! By inspecting your hair though 24/7 its actually NOT going to make things happen any quicker - In fact it will make things happen slower - "A watch kettle never boils"

Be prepared post op to really make a conscious effort to put it all on the back burner for 6-8 months minimum as a bench mark as other wise you will only drive yourself MAD! - Trust me - i speak from personal experience!!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I agree.

5 months is way too early to make judgement.

Hey Sparky,

My donor area is pristine. I got what I paid for here. Bisanga's extraction technique is second to none.

I got what i paid for here. Bisanga's extraction technique is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by sp8rky View Post
    Why would it be a bitter pill for me to swallow? Just because you aren't happy at this very very early stage, doesn't mean that every BHR patient isn't happy.

Would be a good idea for you to post some good clear pictures of your hairline, because what you have posted so far looks spot on, hair directions won't be right at this stage, it's too early to judge anything, really this is a conversation that should be happening at 12 months post op, even after 12 months post op there is still things changing, you have a long way to go.

How has your donor area healed up?

Hello Spex,

If this is your reply to my concerns then you have grossly misunderstood what I am complaining about.

I am well aware that it takes 12-15 months to see the final result of an FUE procedure. A full result - as depicted by your pics - has to do with growth. I am not complaining about poor growth. I am complaining about the design, direction and angulation of the grafts. I am six months post op now and I can tell you in a variety of places the angulations and direction of the transplanted hair does not match that of my native hair. In some areas the transplanted hair is running into my native hair and I am forced to trim the hair on a daily basis. Transplanted hair grows in the direction that it is placed. Therefore I don't foresee how these issues will resolve themselves with time.

If you have a logical explanation as to how the hair is going to reorient itself and start growing in the right direction then I would love to hear it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    It would appear the patient possibly doesn't understand the timescales involved with the process of HT surgery and the timelines involved even on the average patient :

A potentially very helpful topic for the poster.

Patience!!

Patience is the toughest part of the HT procedure but one of the most important ones.

Trust me i truly know how tough the waiting game is - I have been there many, many times before!! Looking constantly in the mirror, inspecting it every opportunity, driving along staring in the rear view mirror(how i never crashed i don't know) Wondering why at exactly 3/4 months there is still no growth!! Frustrated why the redness hasn't clamed down when forum member X was back to work at 10 days with no worries.

The trick here is to understand that everyone is different in terms of recovery times, growth times, expectations, realisation period etc.

Patience is an essential part of the HT journey and i think it needs more exposure - When embarking down the HT road - "Be Patient!!!"

Just because "Joe Bloggs" had great growth at month 3/4 doesn't necessarily mean you are going to - So being aware of this prior to your HT.
    The growth will come in its own time and you will have your realisation in your own time. - Be patient!! Could be 6 could be 10 months.

It's a fact 3/4 months post HT is the toughest time in the entire process but you are only prolonging the agony by expecting to wake up one day around month 3/4 and see it all taking place. It doesn't happen like this!!! It is soooooooooooo slow and gradual that you actually do not see it happen. You will only see the transformation when you compare your pictures along side each other at monthly intervals. A great example was Ian who i spoke with at month 9 post op and he said "well i haven't really seen much difference since month 4" - I showed him his pictures and well you do the maths.

Be patient - I know its tough, really tough!!! By inspecting your hair though 24/7 its actually NOT going to make things happen any quicker - In fact it will make things happen slower - "A watch kettle never boils"

Be prepared post op to really make a conscious effort to put it all on the back burner for 6-8 months minimum as a bench mark as other wise you will only drive yourself MAD! - Trust me - i speak from personal experience!!

You aren't happy with the design, but according to BHR you designed the hairline, if this is true then you can't blame the clinic. Did you design the hairline?

Sparky,

Common sense should dictate that its not possible for a patient to design a hairline. Together with the doc we drew that area that would be filled in. Drawing a ring around the area that is to be filled in does not constitute designing one's hairline. The design of hairline is made of the angle, direction, hair groupings and density placed by the doc. Key word in there by the doctor.....

Quote Originally Posted by sp8rky View Post
    You aren't happy with the design, but according to BHR you designed the hairline, if this is true then you can't blame the clinic. Did you design the hairline?

Hello Topcat,

Thank you for your taking an interest in my thread.

My best guess would be about 60 percent of the grafts have taken at this point.

I use a two guard on my head everywhere except in the transplanted area. In the transplanted area I have to use a shorter guard - usually a 1.5 - because it puffs up and doesn't blend with the native hair. The very front of my hairline is cute and clipped with scissors to try and get the misangled grafts to fit and blend with the native hair. Hope this answers your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    druginducedhairloss at this point in time what percentage of the grafts do you believe have grown? Out of that percentage of grafts what would be the average length of the hair?