+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Looking at your pictures I think you might be over reacting. You look really good at this stage.

Hi druginducedhairloss,

My hair looked quite similar post-transplant until it began to grow out, I too think your hair looks great at this early stage.

I believe Topcat had his last procedure in Brussels from Dr. Bisanga also, I know Topcat is VERY critical regarding who will place grafts on his head, looking at Topcat's photo's his hair looks great too.

Hope everything works out for you in the coming months, and have a great Holiday season...!!

Cheers,

-Dale-

You look good. Five months is so, so early. I'm at 5.5, and yeah, my new hair looks a little goofy. It's growing in frizzy/kinked, so it doesn't blend in with the native hair at all. But that's typical; the new hair takes awhile to grow normally and look interchangeable with the native growth. And because the new hair grows in funny, it can look like it's pointing the wrong way. The reality is that it's very hard to evaluate a procedure until AT LEAST 8 months, and even that's pretty early.

A month ago, I thought there was no way that my new growth was going to integrate with the surrounding hair; it just looked too sparse and frizzy. But the other day, I checked my hairline out in the mirror, and lo and behold, the right side is totally indistinguishable from the native shafts. The left side is still getting there; it's growing a bit differently. You've just got to be patient; this is an achingly slow process, and you don't wake up one morning with great-looking hair--it happens at a glacial pace. That doesn't guarantee whether you're going to get good work or not, but you don't have a way of knowing yet. You went to a top-notch surgeon; take solace in that for now and try to keep your mind off of it for a few months.

A month ago, I thought there was no way that my new growth was going to integrate with the surrounding hair; it just looked too sparse and frizzy. But the other day, I checked my hairline out in the mirror, and lo and behold, the right side is totally indistinguishable from the native shafts. The left side is still getting there; it's growing a bit differently. You've just got to be patient; this is an achingly slow process, and you don't wake up one morning with great-looking hair--it happens at a glacial pace.
    .........I hear yeah Win......

Same deal here.....!

Here is a before photo that illustrates the growth and direction of my native hair on the left side of my hairline. You can see the direction of growth is totally different than that of the transplanted hair. My native hair gradually angled down and fell flush with my scalp. Bisanga design has my hairline closing off my angling the hair back into my hairline.

I have some more before photo's and will get around to breaking them down and posting them this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HAIR PIC 13.jpg

Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	17943  

Here's another one

Second picture hasn't shown up, looks like an ok camera, why can't it do hi res pictures? I really want to see what you are talking about but can't really see anything in that picture.

Hey - Its really early days man - BHR do good work. Be patient and let it grow out and settle.

Very early days so try relax!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Dont point the camera at the mirror, point it at your head

Doctor Representative
    UK available to meet London and south east.

Dear All

I've tried to keep off this thread as much as possible but we do have a right to speak as we are being mentioned and the points I wish to raise I have raised with druginducedhairloss and he has no objection to me raising them here.

The hair line design per se was done by the patient and took a very long time to do before surgery, much longer than normal but the doctor was patient and allowed and indeed made note that the hair line was designed by the patient himself.

We gave high resolution photos post operatively that clearly showed direction and hair groupings and I've suggested these are posted here. This will show if 50 percent of the hair line is made up of 3 or 4 haired grafts as stated by the patient. They are good quality and clearly show angles and make up.

I have had constant communication with the patient and at all stages of his concerns to initial donor healing, hair groupings placed, angles etc and how a transplant develops and indeed the comments here are similar to what I have tried to communicate since day 1 to the patient.

The patient made it clear at month 3/4 that he wishes for a "full refund" on this surgery and has stated this via email before opening this thread, and a point I feel should have been communicated openly by the patient and voiced this also.

We have agreed to see the patient at 12 months to assess as is reasonable and the patient agreed to that action plan prior to opening this thread. If there were to be a problem for whatever reason then we made it clear it would be addressed.

We are and have always sought to give excellent customer service which indeed is backed up my my email list and record of phone calls etc and by the patient himself.

The patient's motive in opening this thread was for advice, so I hope is able to listen to the advice given here.

All patients deserve good results and good customer service and we are happy to keep in communication as we always have and help where possible.
    Last edited by SL; 12-08-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    Representative for IAHRS Member, Dr. Chris Bisanga
    View Dr. Bisanga's IAHRS Profile