+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation I intend to add Spiro to my regimen any thoughts ?

Currently I have been using Minoxidil and Nizoral for roughly four to five months. And I have been on Finasteride for about 2 months. Some thickening has occured on the vellus peach fuzz hairs of my crown and vertex as of recently. I also have combined the shampoo with Regenepure during the days I am not using Niz which I only use twice a week. But I hear topical spiro cream albeit pungent and smelly is great for DHT inhibition going straight into the sebaceous gland where the DHT itself has crystallized/ hardened around the follicle hair root and it break it up and neutralizes it with its anti-androgen properties. Anyone currently using it here that can attest to it being a good addtion, bad, or a waste of money ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Currently I have been using Minoxidil and Nizoral for roughly four to five months. And I have been on Finasteride for about 2 months. Some thickening has occured on the vellus peach fuzz hairs of my crown and vertex as of recently.
    You have not been on this regimen long enough to determine how well it is going to work for you. It takes a full 12 to 18 months before you will actually know that. It is unwise to alter your regimen at this time, especially if you are considering Spiro. If I were a guy, there is no way I would even touch Spiro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You have not been on this regimen long enough to determine how well it is going to work for you. It takes a full 12 to 18 months before you will actually know that. It is unwise to alter your regimen at this time, especially if you are considering Spiro. If I were a guy, there is no way I would even touch Spiro.
    Why is that ?(.. regarding your last sentence of course)

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    He's suggesting topical spiro, not oral spiro. Go for it, OP. I've been using it for about 3 months now. The only issue is that it smells reminiscent of skunk and/or marijuana when combined with minoxidil for some reason.

I always was curious about topical spiro but the fact that its half-life is so short and we do not know if it properly gets absorbed by the scalp for this reason I don't consider it will worth the effort. however if it does please keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by konfusion View Post
    I always was curious about topical spiro but the fact that its half-life is so short and we do not know if it properly gets absorbed by the scalp for this reason I don't consider it will worth the effort. however if it does please keep us posted.
    I will in the upcoming months but for now I will follow this regimen.
    a) a thorough scalp cleanse of rubbing alcohol and apple cider vinegar
    to remove the sebum, dirt and oil and unclog
    b) warm washcloth
    c) minoxidil
    d) nizoral twice a week or regenepure the rest of the week
    e) finasteride 1 mg per day
    f) scalp cleanse repeat after 8 hours have past
    g) washcloth heated
    h) minoxidil before bedtime for the remaining hours
    and then repeat the entire process

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    ...but for now I will follow this regimen.
    This regimen is way too complicated. All you need is Propecia, Rogaine and Nizoral (once or twice per week). The extra stuff you are doing is not going to do you any meaningful good.