+ Reply to Thread

Default What's the most effective and safest treatment?

I've just started researching treatments and need some direction. I've heard good things about something called Profollica, and mixed things about Rogaine. There seems like a hundred different products, I have no idea where to start.

I'm looking for halting hair loss as well as potential regrowth. What do you guys recommend? I'm extremely uninformed at the moment so if you could go into a bit of detail it would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon111 View Post
    I've just started researching treatments and need some direction. I've heard good things about something called Profollica, and mixed things about Rogaine. There seems like a hundred different products, I have no idea where to start.

I'm looking for halting hair loss as well as potential regrowth. What do you guys recommend? I'm extremely uninformed at the moment so if you could go into a bit of detail it would be much appreciated.

For halting hair loss I have to tell you honestly in terms of safe there is risk aplenty some lesser and some greater and everything else falls in between.

Minoxidil was originally a drug used to control hypertension and high blood pressure.
    The accidental chemical spill in Bhopal India revealed the hair growing aspect of Minoxidil when the people in the villages by the coastline started sprouting hair on their faces, hands etcetera. The side effects whether in foam or liquid form have ranged from heart palpitations, chest pains, dark circles and bags under the eyes, psoriasis and dandruff.

Propecia ( aka Finpecia ,Proscar Proscalpin) was a drug by design used to impact and treat difficulties the male prostate gland. Now it reaped the side benefits of lowering DHT dihydrotestosterone the converted from of testosterone in the blood stream that in combination with 5AR inhibitors binding to the scalp in the roots of the hair cause male pattern baldness. It specifically targets the root cause which is the male reproductive system and the hormones governing it. However it had side effects a wide range of them.
    Testicular burning and or pain as well as leaking nipples or gynomastia. Watery semen and decreased volume of semen. Erections can and have been reported as being impacted as well as libido and the urge to have sex. Though the symptoms as mentioned here fall between 2 percent of the male population this has been widely disputed and argued. However as far as male pattern baldness goes it is on the front line of being the main thing that would eradicate it based on is available and widely proven to work.

My point is this there is no safe.. you are taking a crap shoot by self medicating in an attempt to get your hair back or at the least slow its loss considerably and retain what you have. The moment you realize that you will then make an informed decision as to what is best for you to use based on your comfort level.
    Now you may get none of those side effects and on the other end you may get some or all of them. You can always discontinue the product right away if you see that happening in being responsible to yourself and your own health.