+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default NEW Dr Gho-Spencer interview*your thoughts?

What do we know now about HST and its limitations?

1) max density is 50 to 60 FUs/cm2 (can't copy mother nature with HST)

2) 60 000 Euros for fully operational studio

3) HST is much more labour intensive than FUE

4) confirmed no splitting of grafts takes place(3 hair follicle grows as 3 hair follicle in recepient)

5) hair root modified after one extraction(gets harder to use it again)

6) patient treated 9 times, had 13 000 grafts with slight loss
    in the donor area, took 7 years (no photos)

7) treated 5 000 patients by now

8) takes 6 to 9 months to train 1 team (1 doctor and 2 nurses)

9) hasci have 6 MDs trained, 8 teams performing HST

10) new clinics in Jakarta and Singapore

11) Next year Spencer to make trip to Netherlands and broadcast HST procedure LIVE!!!

12) Dr Gho and Spencer to have dinner together(Spencer covers)

If I missed something please feel free add/correct

What are your thoughts about this? I beleive when Spence goes to Holland, inspects some patients, broadcast op live, it will change the game forever.
    Chances are that after that Spencer will give tick of aproval to HST which is superior in every way than fue/fut.
    After that point patients will not settle for anything less than HST, why would they.

For the newbies here... could you clarify or rather explain how this differs from FUE? Also, what the benefits and negatives are with undergoing an HST procedure versus the FUE procedure?

Thanks in advance.

I thought the interview was very informative. Pretty much addressed all the key issues I was hoping they would. At this point, I think we have a pretty good idea of what is and what isn't possible with HST, which is nice to finally have.

Great job with the summary as well didi.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    What are your thoughts about this? I beleive when Spence goes to Holland, inspects some patients, broadcast op live, it will change the game forever.
    Although I'm very much looking forward to Spencer's visit to HASCI, I don't think we will have to wait that long to get more evidence.

When Iron_Man, gc83uk, and possibly other patients document their procedures in the next few months, I think we will get to see how well the procedure works in practice.

Chances are that after that Spencer will give tick of aproval to HST which is superior in every way than fue/fut.
    After that point patients will not settle for anything less than HST, why would they.
    Two things I think will prevent that from happening entirely:

1) Since it seems that Gho has no plans to share HST with existing hair transplant surgeons, I'm not sure if there are enough clinics and surgeons preforming HST to meet demand

2) For patients who want higher density, quicker results, or a different artistic approach, they may choose to supplement their HST procedure with a FUE or FUT from a different HT surgeon

I do agree though, that we may reach a point very soon where HST becomes widely accepted and discussed in the same way as FUE and FUT are today.

Quote Originally Posted by JudeL View Post

For the newbies here... could you clarify or rather explain how this differs from FUE?
    Check again lection 1 and lection 2 (or can't you see a difference in the pics?):

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...7&postcount=11

The pics are not comical - they represent the reality and how HST differs from FUE or FUT. In simple words:

Dr. Gho is able to extract follicular units in such a way, that he can make 2 hairs/follicles from 1 hair/follicle.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    2) For patients who want higher density, quicker results, or a different artistic approach, they may choose to supplement their HST procedure with a FUE or FUT from a different HT surgeon
    Sorry a bit new to the whole HT game, HST more specifically. I have a questions as to the quote above. So, I'm assuming by what you said an FUE will produce more dense results?

Also, when you say quicker results, do you mean that in HST the hairs don't grow as quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Check again lection 1 and lection 2:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...7&postcount=11

The pics are not comical - they represent the reality and how HST differs from FUE or FUT. In simple words:

Dr. Gho is able to extract follicular units in such a way, that he can make 2 hairs/follicles from 1 hair/follicle.

I understand what you're saying with that but I'm asking for a bit more depth and information. Other than that what separates FUE and HST? Does HST produce less dense results? I'm currently in between the procedures. I don't know which to pursue and I've been trying to research the differences to help me make my final decision. :O

For the newbies here... could you clarify or rather explain how this differs from FUE? Also, what the benefits and negatives are with undergoing an HST procedure versus the FUE procedure?

Thanks in advance.
    Benefits of HST vs. FUE:

-> Gho promises that a minimum 80-90% of the hairs that are extracted will regenerate with HST, thus you are essentially creating two hairs from one resulting in a greatly expanded donor supply; with FUE, no hairs regenerate
    -> No visible scarring with HST which allows you to cut your hair to practically any level and not have to worry about showing signs of a hair transplant; FUE is not a scarless procedure and can often produce white-dot scarring
    -> HST is the most minimally invasive procedure and results in the fastest recovery time

I should note that some people are still not convinced with the claims of donor regeneration although the analysis of gc83uk's procedure and Gho's peer-reviewed scientific paper are very compelling.

Sorry a bit new to the whole HT game, HST more specifically. I have a questions as to the quote above. So, I'm assuming by what you said an FUE will produce more dense results?

Also, when you say quicker results, do you mean that in HST the hairs don't grow as quickly?
    I don't think there's anything necessarily inherent in FUE that is superior to HST. Where the advantages may lie is in the skill of the surgeon.

Hair transplantation is an art as much as it is a science. Some surgeons produce better artistic results then others. Gho is fairly conservative and there are other doctors who will transplant more grafts per session and will give you a higher density.

---

JudeL, I'd recommend you search through these and other forums and read as much about HST and traditional hair transplants as you can. Never rush into anything and there's no harm researching and waiting. When you're confident, you can decide for yourself.

HST technology cant be brought to USA as some of the ingredients Gho uses are banned in states, Dr Cole wouldnt benefit from it unless he plans to open clinic outside US.
    Then again, Gho believes that you cant tech old dog new tricks and thats why he prefers 'virgin' minds

JudeL, I'd recommend you search through these and other forums and read as much about HST and traditional hair transplants as you can. Never rush into anything and there's no harm researching and waiting. When you're confident, you can decide for yourself.[/QUOTE]

There is only one downside in waiting, you are wasting precious time

If you are say 25 now and you wait another 5 years then decide to go for HST, well you wasted 5 years that you can never get back, the best 5 years that you ever gonna have

Research is also overrated, there are guys who do researching 20 years and then go for STRIP, information overload will make you too cautious and will waste lot of time

HST is risk free(apart money gone), Gho is too conservative to damage you, you cld only benefit

There is only one downside in waiting, you are wasting precious time

If you are say 25 now and you wait another 5 years then decide to go for HST, well you wasted 5 years that you can never get back, the best 5 years that you ever gonna have
    If I didn't think time was an issue, I wouldn't be as interested in HST as I am. I would mainly be in the other sections discussing hair loss cures that won't be available for decade(s). Even with HST though, it's unlikely a single procedure will turn you into a NW1, so it will take time regardless.

Everyone has to make a decision on their own. Not everybody has the same level of hairloss or deals with baldness in the same way.

Even though HST is the least risky hair transplant surgery you can get, I can't in good conscious recommend a procedure I've never had. Any type of hair transplant or cosmetic surgery is a life-altering decision (psychologically, money-wise, long-term issues - i.e. keeping up with your hairloss). That's why I always encourage everyone to do their own research and decide on their own.

I think there's going to be a lot of interesting HST cases documented in the next few months. I'm personally going to wait to see how those go since I've waited this long already. If you're convinced didi, then I'd recommend you book as soon as possible before the waiting lines increase.