+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

For me the most interesting part of interview was where Gho confirmed Jakarta and Singapore clinics.
    Waiting time of 6 months+ is big turn off for me, new oficess will hopefully cut that down to a month or 2, something more reasonable.
    I got no issue with booking procedure , I wish it was available 10 years ago,

Many guys in their 20s will 'wait' for some miracle to happen but time flies very fast and before you know it you realise that you are in your 30s and still waiting, 30s turn to 40s and then hair or no hair your best years are behind you
    I rmbr when i was 20 i thought that by the time Im 30 REAL baldness cure will be out for sure, you think 10 years is long time and something will get invented, many guys will grow old hoping for silver bullet.

HST is here and now its surgical fix, not ideal but the best we got atm

Fingers crossed cost will go down as Indonesia isnt Amsterdam or London

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    HST technology cant be brought to USA as some of the ingredients Gho uses are banned in states, Dr Cole wouldnt benefit from it unless he plans to open clinic outside US.
    Then again, Gho believes that you cant tech old dog new tricks and thats why he prefers 'virgin' minds
    What about Canada?

I Think Canada is as strict as US, besides it makes more sense to open it in Mexico or somewhere in Carribean as its cheapper(labor,real estate)

Looks like he wont train any doctor outside HASCI, in another words he want to run show himself which makes lot of sense, all profit goes to HASCI

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Benefits of HST vs. FUE:

-> Gho promises that a minimum 80-90% of the hairs that are extracted will regenerate with HST, thus you are essentially creating two hairs from one resulting in a greatly expanded donor supply; with FUE, no hairs regenerate
    -> No visible scarring with HST which allows you to cut your hair to practically any level and not have to worry about showing signs of a hair transplant; FUE is not a scarless procedure and can often produce white-dot scarring
    -> HST is the most minimally invasive procedure and results in the fastest recovery time

I should note that some people are still not convinced with the claims of donor regeneration although the analysis of gc83uk's procedure and Gho's peer-reviewed scientific paper are very compelling.

I don't think there's anything necessarily inherent in FUE that is superior to HST. Where the advantages may lie is in the skill of the surgeon.

Hair transplantation is an art as much as it is a science. Some surgeons produce better artistic results then others. Gho is fairly conservative and there are other doctors who will transplant more grafts per session and will give you a higher density.

---

JudeL, I'd recommend you search through these and other forums and read as much about HST and traditional hair transplants as you can. Never rush into anything and there's no harm researching and waiting. When you're confident, you can decide for yourself.
    Although, a Dr. may promise something, that promise is not contractually binding or cause for liability. From my understanding, a doctor may promise all he wants. Is there proof of the regeneration? (please don't take my skepticism as paranoia or complete doubt, I am just probing so I can make my final decision!)

Could you give me an idea of the in the recovery time in comparison to FUE? When you speak of recovery time do you mean in the amount of time it takes for you to show no signs of the procedure? Or are you referring to the amount of time it takes you to grow hairs?

Can you direct me to where I can find gc83uk's procedure and Gho's peer-reviewed scientific paper?

I have been doing research through the forums but I am very very skeptical when doing so. For all I know certain users can be a doctor themselves! ( I am in no way implying that about yourself) Further, many Strip only doctors are so highly revered and recommended here that I really question some of the forum member's knowledge and intentions.

I really appreciate all the info you have provided! I am really excited about the prospects of going to one of Dr. Gho's clinics and undergoing HST. I am trying to come to my final conclusion as soon as possible, so people like yourself are proving to be very helpful. Thanks.

JudeL, I'd recommend you search through these and other forums and read as much about HST and traditional hair transplants as you can. Never rush into anything and there's no harm researching and waiting. When you're confident, you can decide for yourself.

There is only one downside in waiting, you are wasting precious time

If you are say 25 now and you wait another 5 years then decide to go for HST, well you wasted 5 years that you can never get back, the best 5 years that you ever gonna have

Research is also overrated, there are guys who do researching 20 years and then go for STRIP, information overload will make you too cautious and will waste lot of time

HST is risk free(apart money gone), Gho is too conservative to damage you, you cld only benefit[/QUOTE]

I agree completely with what you've said here.

My only concern with HST is that I do not live in Europe, I'm in the US. On top of that many in here doubt what he's saying is even remotely possible. Also, there doesnt seem to be much about patient results, meaning before and after pictures, like many other doctors have.

I actually recently saw a video by Dr. Cole where he stated that in one of the before and after pictures of a HST patient he was not impressed and notice that there was different lighting in the pictures.... I think what he was getting at is that the HST didn't produce great aesthetic results regardless of regeneration and that Dr. Gho's clinic may have manipulated the photos in a way.

But then again why would Dr. Cole say things like "wow Dr. Gho's clinic is doing fantastic work" lol that would only hurt his business. Especially since, to me at least, the top two doctors right now in terms of non-invasive procedures are Dr. Gho and Dr. Cole.

I Think Canada is as strict as US, besides it makes more sense to open it in Mexico or somewhere in Carribean as its cheapper(labor,real estate)

Looks like he wont train any doctor outside HASCI, in another words he want to run show himself which makes lot of sense, all profit goes to HASCI
    I hope he opens up a clinic in Cuba.

Quote Originally Posted by JudeL View Post

I actually recently saw a video by Dr. Cole where he stated that in one of the before and after pictures of a HST patient he was not impressed and notice that there was different lighting in the pictures....
    Either you don't know the difference between HST and HSC or just some parts of your brain don't work proberly together. I assume it's the latter, because you're still unable to calculate 1+1= ... and/or 1+0= ...

I will go back again and listen very closely but I will add for now that when he said he was doing fue back in 1995 I do not believe that is true and he basically came on to the ht scene around 2002 but I will double check those facts. He chuckled when saying fue is a relatively easy procedure to perform, that also is not true and one can base that on what has been seen and stated in the industry over the last 10 years along with Gho’s own not so good results from 10 years ago with fue.

He is not willing to train other doctors because he says he believes they will be believe his HM procedure is too labor intensive, really.? Am I supposed to actually believe that comment? So is it better train many doctors with a very high potential of all of them having zero artistic ability instead? I think it is much easier to train someone who doesn’t really know what is going on as they will not ask any questions as they don’t know what questions to ask.

He seemed to claim that he was only scraping off tissue from the follicle and described the hair itself as not necessary and only dead material. How then does one determine direction of hair growth if the dead material is also not implanted for this very reason.

I think Spencer was being nice during the interview as if he asked really hard questions it would have appeared as bashing no different than what others will claim I am doing here when in reality I am only asking valid questions and bringing up valid points. If Spencer did do this a follow up would be highly unlikely. I wouldn’t be surprised that when the time comes for that live procedure on the internet an excuse will come up from the Gho clinic. Usually this is how those that like to massage the truth work but only time will tell.

Older people in general learn over their lifetime to start asking more questions as it benefits them and they have learned people often lie, cheat and steal to make money. Young people in general tend to believe it all until they have learned their lessons. 7 years and no conclusive photographic proof…….lol……..I wish those that have this procedure luck and I don’t think they will be greatly damaged but I doubt at this point they will be getting regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    I will go back again and listen very closely but I will add for now that when he said he was doing fue back in 1995 I do not believe that is true and he basically came on to the ht scene around 2002 but I will double check those facts.
    Guess in which way this guy ...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7728481

... isolated individual anagen hair follicles from the occipital scalp. Dr. Gho's work is based on Dr. Kim's work from 1994/1995 - and he mentions the latter in every article or presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by JudeL View Post

I actually recently saw a video by Dr. Cole where he stated that in one of the before and after pictures of a HST patient he was not impressed and notice that there was different lighting in the pictures....
    Yup, that's what comes out when idiots watch a video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khVm...1&feature=plcp